New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by samc99us
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,977 Posts
Yeah no offense but when I was training and flying a lot my average launches with ships like the Akcent-2 and Validol were north of 180'. My top launches in breeze were over 200'. Now my technique is crap and I think I'm down to 175' max on similar ships. Good pilots are throwing Snipes to 200-220' on average with >250' maxes.

From what I've seen, the Snipe is still a very competitive ship, it launches high and really seems to move around well even built light.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
9,107 Posts
I've never put a measuring device in any of my planes, Snipes or otherwise. I just know I can throw it up there within the range of the top 10% of the guys out there. The Snipe definitely gets up there and moves out. When built lightly, it floats a lot better than most people that haven't flown one might think. It is a higher than average pilot workload but not unmanageable. It's a fantastic plane in the hands of those that fly it enough to know it well.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz