Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2013, 03:43 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
332 Posts
Dale, I would consider coming down and racing with you in C40 but, they would have to have more than three rounds of racing for the event. Do you know if they plan on having more rounds of racing in 2014??
I Marauderer is offline Find More Posts by I Marauderer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2013, 04:39 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Marauderer View Post
Dale, I would consider coming down and racing with you in C40 but, they would have to have more than three rounds of racing for the event. Do you know if they plan on having more rounds of racing in 2014??
I don't think so but 4-5 rounds would make more people show up. In my opinion, raising the fee from $5 to $20 would keep clubs interested in hosting.
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:23 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
332 Posts
Yes, I understand they have had $5 entry fees and I can't understand that as it would cause a negative cash flow for the hosting club. It is a shame they only run three rounds per race. Not really worth driving to.
I Marauderer is offline Find More Posts by I Marauderer
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:02 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Sep 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale 813 View Post
I will make ALL the Races that involve the SkyRaider. And I'll guarantee I can get my friend Steve to come too. But we both will not be Racing Gremlins. I hope that Idea falls through as I believe it will Kill Club 40 in Florida as we know it.

When is the first Race. ? The website is not updated.
Club 40 is already just about dead. Gremlins will have no effect on that either way. But it may offer a cheaper alternative to the $130 skyraider and may even make it more affordable, easier and attract more pilots.

The FL Club 40 website (http://floridaclub40pylonracing.com/) will not be updated if that's the website you are talking about. I will be adding a HAM Pylon Racing page (http://www.hamrc.com/) to the HAM website very soon and updating our schedule of events once our 2014 schedule is finalized.
Giant_Scale_Gas is offline Find More Posts by Giant_Scale_Gas
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:50 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant_Scale_Gas View Post
Club 40 is already just about dead. Gremlins will have no effect on that either way. But it may offer a cheaper alternative to the $130 skyraider and may even make it more affordable, easier and attract more pilots.
I was in a Race this weekend in Apopka where 30 Pilots competed in Racing. Talked to some Big names in Racing and they didn't think going to the Gremlin is a smart idea.

Don't get me wrong. My feeling won't be hurt if that's what happens. I have 3 Pole which is the best Pylon Racing Barr None.

In my opinion. The reason why club 40 isn't doing well is because ya don't market it. I brought my Sky Raider to my local field meeting last week and showed the plane. I did a demo and people seemed to like it. I already got at Least two guys at my local club that are willing to go get a sky Raider to Race. The reason is because I have been marketing it to them.

But now y'all are changing it up. So all my hard work waisted. Club 40/Sky Raider is suppose to be a Pylon Racing that new people can do. A flying wing is very difficult for beginners to fly so the ONLY people you will get is a few that already Race the Club 40 Florida circuit. If you want more people. I can help but need to stick to something simple.

I have an idea. Instead of forcing the Gremlin, how bout an open class. What ever ya wanna fly. I'll bring my Quickie. and show ya what 155 MPH looks like

No matter what. I'll be at the first three Club 40 Races.
Last edited by Dale 813; Dec 09, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
36 Posts
Quote:

In my opinion. The reason why club 40 isn't doing well is because ya don't market it. I brought my Sky Raider to my local field meeting last week and showed the plane. I did a demo and people seemed to like it. I already got at Least two guys at my local club that are willing to go get a sky Raider to Race. The reason is because I have been marketing it to them.
We do demos at every fly-in or air show we put on. We had 5 planes in the air for a demo at the HAM charity event. The guys at HAM market the planes and the excitement the best we can, but we at HAM have NOTHING to do with the Fl Club 40 series. That was run by someone else. we just did our part as a club to try and help the cause.

Quote:
But now y'all are changing it up. So all my hard work waisted. Club 40/Sky Raider is suppose to be a Pylon Racing that new people can do. A flying wing is very difficult for beginners to fly so the ONLY people you will get is a few that already Race the Club 40 Florida circuit. If you want more people. I can help but need to stick to something simple.
I don't think you understand. We are trying to save the concept. Every other field north of us has dropped Club40 racing. We, HAM, are trying to do whatever we can to keep it alive, but we are only 1 club. And you are mistaken, the Gremlin is easy no more difficult to fly than a Sky Raider if properly set-up. As far as "your" hard work, I am not sure what you mean exactly, but there are alot of people who have pushed it for a long time and Charlie Poulton is probably the man who has done the most for the class.

Quote:
I have an idea. Instead of forcing the Gremlin, how bout an open class. What ever ya wanna fly. I'll bring my Quickie. and show ya what 155 MPH looks like
Again, I think you are mis-informed, nobody is FORCING anything. It is just a low cost, interesting option using existing Club 40 engines & parts. I could care less either way personally. I have 3 ready to race SkyRaiders with well running TT pro .40s and I have 6 or 8 Gremlin kits sitting on the shelf ready to be built. And thanks for the offer, I have a pretty good idea of what 150mph looks like. I have a quickie 500 that runs okay and I am a marginal pilot (I went to a club40 race in Gainsville for my first ever pylon event and won the gold against all the regulars including Charlie P), but I'll be happy to pull along side of you and go wingtip to wingtip for 10 laps and see what you have... No worries there.
Maybe I'll even bolt in one of Dub's finest pieces and go really fast!

I look forward to meeting new faces. Pylon is fun. It will be fun no matter what everyone decides to fly.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:56 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Ha. When I said hard work, I was sorta being funny. But I have been trying to promote Racing period. At first I tried talking some guys into getting Quickies but it seemed too fast for them. The Sky Raider was a easier sell.

I may give it a try. But someone like me that is already invested in 3 Pole, just got a Sky Raider and now a EF-1. It's a lot on the table. I talked to Charlie lat night, He is a easy guy to talk to and he's very convincing. So doing the 3 Races first with Sky Raiders gives lots of time to mess with the other Thing.

Ok. I didn't know it's a One field deal thing. I think I understand what you mean now. IMO I think clubs started dropping the races because they weren't making any money and they had nothing to Benefit by Running a Race. Do you not agree that raising the fee to $20 and adding a round or two would entice other clubs to get involved ?

I don't have the money to buy a Club 40 Plane yet. The one I have Is owned by my good friend Barry (Maraderer) he encouraged me to give club 40 a try. He's the main reason you will see me at the Feb. Race.

If you have a. Quickie, we have a Race in March at Mulberry if you'd like to come its a blast. And I would be more than willing to assist you. I look forward to meeting you along with the other guys. What's you name ?
Last edited by Dale 813; Dec 10, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
36 Posts
Oh yea, I was just busting your chops as well. Wasn't sure how you'd take it though since I don't really know you. But I see you are one of "us"!

Charlie is a great guy. I have tons of respect for him and although I bailed out of club40 pylon after one race due to scheduling issues with my sons soccer team, Charlie has been supportive, helpful and more than willing to do anything for anyone. he is, simply put, what this hobby is all about.

And I understand about more outlay of cash. I have too many planes and too many helis!

There are certainly some changes that need to occur for club40 to take back off. Charlie is the man steering that ship at this point, so I'll leave any further comments for him to make on changes, costs & the future of Club40. I support him 100% and I am sure I will be doing the flyers, the graphics, the website and any other artwork he will need.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 04:13 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Marauderer View Post
Barry,

I'm east of ATL. Let's carpool!
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Dec 11, 2013, 07:09 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueswope View Post
Barry,

I'm east of ATL. Let's carpool!
Barry's Not coming down here for Club 40. When he comes Here. It's for an entire weekend of Racing and he leaves the ATL on Wednesdays and doesn't return till Tues of the next week. So if your able to car pool with him. Ya better put in for a week off.
Last edited by Dale 813; Dec 11, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Barry's Not coming down here for Club 40. When he comes Here. It's for an entire weekend of Racing and he leaves the ATL on Wednesdays and doesn't return till Tues of the next week. So if your able to car pool with him. Ya better put in for a week off.
Silly, I just quoted him saying he'd come race the slow ones ;-)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 09:30 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Silly, I just quoted him saying he'd come race the slow ones ;-)
Yep. He would come down here if they Ran more than 2 hours of Racing. But their not. How many rounds of Club 40 do they do there ?

You should get a Quickie and come down here. Who wants to drive 8 hours for a half day of Racing. If you ever get a chance to do 3 Pole. You'll never go back. Getting a quickie built cost the same as a Sky Raider. And the speed isn't a big difference.
Last edited by Dale 813; Dec 11, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
229 Posts
I have one. Just haven't gotten to flying my viper with a Jett .40 in it. Paid $175 for it.

I've only been flying since August of 2012 so I'm still working my way up.

I'm mainly doing C40 because it is more common than the quickie racing.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:29 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,469 Posts
Quote:
I have one. Just haven't gotten to flying my viper with a Jett .40 in it.
You need to take that Jett 40 off the Plane and fly it with a Thunder Tiger 40 and get use to that. Then you'll be set up for 424. The Jett 40 will be way too fast for you right now.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 05:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
36 Posts
Dale,

Are you coming up on Feb 15th for the Pylon / Combat event at H.A.M.?