HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2013, 02:02 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
222 Posts
Discussion
AS350 Weapon Coming Soon 3D Printed

This prototype of AS350 weapon set is going to be printed by 3D printer. This one is the latest scale accessories which I am drawing recently except the whole set of Harrier cockpit.
catcat is online now Find More Posts by catcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2013, 04:32 AM
Ado
Meow?
Brisbane Intl, Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,574 Posts
Not related to the AS350 but would something like the belwo be viable to be 3D printed?

http://retrostylegames.com/artwork/3...0/3d-modeling9
Ado is offline Find More Posts by Ado
Old Aug 03, 2013, 10:40 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,376 Posts
It's too bad that the AS350 body kit I have has two different doors on it. I have seen the weapons system mounted only on the short door and not through the long sliding door even though mounting it fixes the door in place on the full size helicopter. The mounting system on the Century TOW missile and rocket launcher would make it possible to change systems for different looks and allow mixed weapons systems to be carried. See if you can do that as I would get my distributor to look into bringing a rocket tube system in for my 600 TOW Defender. Future release would be just fine. The TOW sight that I just got in will be installed over the next month or so just in time for Helicopter Scale Masters in Sacramento, CA. Take care.

Don

PS: I just noticed on that picture that the Fennec has two sliding doors and not the short rear doors. I guess that once you decide to mount the system, it matters little what doors are in place as you must cut the holes anyway and that fixes the doors in place. There is also a weapon sight system that would be a nice add-on to help convert the machinegun version to a Hellfire missile carrying version. More food for thought.
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Last edited by Keyrigger; Aug 03, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2013, 01:13 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
It's too bad that the AS350 body kit I have has two different doors on it. I have seen the weapons system mounted only on the short door and not through the long sliding door even though mounting it fixes the door in place on the full size helicopter. The mounting system on the Century TOW missile and rocket launcher would make it possible to change systems for different looks and allow mixed weapons systems to be carried. See if you can do that as I would get my distributor to look into bringing a rocket tube system in for my 600 TOW Defender. Future release would be just fine. The TOW sight that I just got in will be installed over the next month or so just in time for Helicopter Scale Masters in Sacramento, CA. Take care.

Don

PS: I just noticed on that picture that the Fennec has two sliding doors and not the short rear doors. I guess that once you decide to mount the system, it matters little what doors are in place as you must cut the holes anyway and that fixes the doors in place. There is also a weapon sight system that would be a nice add-on to help convert the machinegun version to a Hellfire missile carrying version. More food for thought.
You are right that Century Tow has more choices but for AS350, it has limitations. It need some work if want to install the missile and rocket, it is my test product and I am thinking of making it for 600 size and 700 size fuses. I will see what I can do when the first 3D printed products are done.
Old Aug 06, 2013, 03:54 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
222 Posts
The first prototype is done. I will upload photo installing on the AS350 fuse in the following days.