HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2006, 02:09 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Discussion
Does Anybody Have A Firebird Commander 2

Hi, I found this plane on the internet a couple days ago and was wondering if anybody has it. There might be a thread already about this plane, but I couldn't find it. I was interested in the second one more because first of all, it has a 380 motor in it. Second of all, it doesn't cost that much more than the first one. I watched a video of this plane and it looked like a good plane. Also you can get a lot of stuff for it. Here is a link to where I would buy it from:http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=HBZ2600

If you have this plane, can you tell me if it is good? Thanks

Bill
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Last edited by Megatech Man; Sep 05, 2006 at 06:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2006, 03:36 PM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I had the original version the Firebird Commander. The old version did not have the ACT stuff in it. I can't speak to the ACT stuff but this is the plane that helped me learn to fly. It does not have any means of adjusting pitch so it can be tricky to fly in some wind so it is not recommended to fly in anything more than 5mph.

I firmly belive that this plane is the reason I am still in this hobby today. It was cheap, I was successful and not frustrated, and I had a great time with all of the xport addon's. I highly recommend it.

Plus I think not having the elevator control really helped me learn how to fly better.
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
Old Sep 05, 2006, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Thanks

I was thinking about getting that even though I have a three channel plane. That plane looks fun to fly. I'm not sure if it is easy to fly, but the video I watched made it looked easy.

Any one have the second one?
Old Sep 06, 2006, 01:48 AM
KCo
Chicago
Joined Aug 2006
2 Posts
Megatech,

I got a Firebird Commander II on 8/19/06. I crashed it on the landing of the 4th flight. I broke the carbon fiber fuselage and it would cost $45 to replace plus a lot of work and a new wing for $15. I decided to start over and my LHS suggested the Hobbyzone Super Cub. I bought it and have 10 flights under my belt. Nothing but smooth landings. It is much easier to fly with the third channel (elevator) and it's much more fun (think loops). I would not have crashed the FBC II if I had an elevator. It costs about $160 with everything you need and you might even get a free extra battery from Hobbyzone's website. This plane came out about a month ago and there are many posts about great this plane is. You can find a good thread at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542412
Look at page 10 for many great tips about flying it. Good luck!
KCo is offline Find More Posts by KCo
Old Sep 06, 2006, 09:15 AM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
the super cub does look very cool
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
Old Sep 06, 2006, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
I might get the hobbyzone supercub for my second plane. It looks awesome and it has a 480 motor in it. It has a big wingspan though, but I think I can deal with that