HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:14 PM
The Buggy Drifter King
Joined Jul 2004
51 Posts
Alert
dirt Jumping

has anyone in here done dirt jumping with ther monster truck or buggy ?? if so how high did u make the jump and how far u make it fly?? break any parts ??
i have one that is 6 foot high and my babys fly
turbonos is offline Find More Posts by turbonos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:38 PM
Big Daddy Chris
eugene/springfield Oregon
Joined Oct 2004
91 Posts
oh yeah baby!

I have an E-maxx. I take it to the local BMX track for major air. my biggest jump has been off of the corner banks. i go straight up the face of the bank, about 10 feet high, I get about 4 feet higher than the lip from take-off. 14 feet is phenominal, BUT the back side of the banked corners are only about 6 feet high, so the landing is still only 10 feet down and a good 25 to 30 feet out. since the banked corners are lower on the back side, i tried jumping up the back side. at a high rate of speed i can get about 6 feet above the 6 foot lip, but its a long long way down! 16 feet, and the trajectory is way bad. like straight down! WHEN I am lucky i have been able to match the angle of the bank on the way down for a not so hard landing, but more often than not the truck lands upside down.

the gravedigger body absorbs alot of the abuse, but the body posts are suffering. i have broke one set already. I also ripped the screws out of the front bulkhead by smacking the front skidplate too hard. aluminum skids are great, but they wreak havok on the plastic bulk heads.

next on my wishlist? aluminum front bulkhead, and a rollcage!
koalamazed is offline Find More Posts by koalamazed
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:50 PM
Go Topless
in your head, right behind your eyes
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
make your own cage like i did for my stampede.

ok. i have a ramp that me and my buddies just finished in my back yard. it must be 12 feet tall and throughs my rusty a good 20 feet up and 60 feet out. we had a factory team t4 go over the lower power lines. we are getting a good 50yard dash to the ramp before we hit it. right now i have ro replace my rear suspension arms and chassis plate cause i landed rear first and it broke the trans mount on it. that sucks. oh well i got a replacement. i cant believe that the ftt4 didnot break. i think that it may have to do with the fact that it was the first time it had been jumped and had yet to sustain any damage from previous jumps. first things broke on my rusty are rear a arms and chassis. not bad for a stadium truck.

RABBIT out
yodog1 is offline Find More Posts by yodog1
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:18 AM
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
I have a savage 25. i jumped it of a 2 feet ramp and jumped 6 of my mates end on end slat out. You should of seen there faces my aim is to jump 12 people.
Nick247 is offline Find More Posts by Nick247
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:20 AM
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
I have a savage 25. i jumped it of a 2 feet ramp and jumped 6 of my mates end on end slat out. You should of seen there faces my aim is to jump 12 people.
Nick247 is offline Find More Posts by Nick247
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
Big Daddy Chris
eugene/springfield Oregon
Joined Oct 2004
91 Posts
yodog, id like to see your cage. i'd totally build my own if i knew where to start!
koalamazed is offline Find More Posts by koalamazed
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:47 AM
Joined Jun 2004
254 Posts
Well, this isn't dirt in this vid, but that is my xtm X-terminator D-lux doing that 30ft high jump. Nothing broke.

http://www.sincityextremerc.com/foru...atedzrcvid.mov
savage is offline Find More Posts by savage
Old Nov 24, 2004, 02:11 PM
Good 'oll MA.
Joined Jun 2004
227 Posts
nice vid
Jbarth13 is offline Find More Posts by Jbarth13
Old Nov 24, 2004, 09:15 PM
Go Topless
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
im putting my pics on imageshack now and will post them asap. i have a stiff dual rate setup on all 4 corners and 4 cut (narrowed) RPM Slingshot rims.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:49 PM
Go Topless
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
here it is

RABBIT out
Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:20 PM
Go Topless
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
not bad for a fairly new truck. this baby flies when set up right. it will pull wheelies from a dead stop. thats how low it is currently geared. this week is about getting psyco speed while keeping acceleration. i need to have the bottom end for making it up ramps and such. my ramp had to be shortened cause my neighbor complained too much about it so i had to knock 4 feet off the top. it still throughs the trucks preaty far both horizontally and vertically.

RABBIT out
Old Dec 08, 2004, 10:30 PM
Go Topless
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
well the stampede is done for. i traded it off for a T-MAXX. thats right a T-MAXX. the kid i traded with wanted an electric rustler but i wouldnt get rid of mine so i showed him the Pede and he said ok right then. since i got it i ditched the plowboys and replaced those with revo tires and rims. i am also running an hpi nissan skyline 200mm body on it to finish it off.