HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho Balsa Micro DR1

Why dont Kyosho USA pick up the PRIMA class line and bring it here?!?!!? The park size ones are all beautiful, and the new micros are staggering! Fully built up balsa airframes,very scale,2s, on and on......Here is a link to the DR1, I need to get hooked up with someone from the east, I dont think I can live without this little DR1! 19in span and 150 grams of perfection.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=101468

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:19 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined Jul 2010
120 Posts
That's a cool looking plane! The transparent red covering reminds me of the Dr1 1/48 scale Aurora plastic kit, which was molded in metallic dark red styrene. Any idea about its price?

Tom
tr4252 is offline Find More Posts by tr4252
Last edited by tr4252; Aug 22, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
That's a cool looking plane! The transparent red covering reminds me of the Dr1 1/48 scale Aurora plastic kit, which was molded in metallic dark red styrene. Any idea about its price?

Tom
Not a clue, its not coming to the USA as far as I know, same goes for the other three balsa arf micros they have, a Camel, SE5, and a neiuport 17. Not to mention all the other PRIMA class stuff.....C'mon Kyosho USA, get us round-eye's some of these planes!

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,126 Posts
Those are great looking planes....

But... new? I'm not too sure because on the Kyosho link that you supplied it says the Fokker would be available in May of.... 2007?
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I noticed that as well, but a month or so ago they werent on the Kyosho site when I looked, and all those micro pics say they are prototypes.......Not sure what the deal is with the dates on the site, but I am fairly sure there have not been around since 07, mainly based on the lack of good micro gear and 2s brushless setups in this size. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure these are brand new.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
I noticed that as well, but a month or so ago they werent on the Kyosho site when I looked, and all those micro pics say they are prototypes.......Not sure what the deal is with the dates on the site, but I am fairly sure there have not been around since 07, mainly based on the lack of good micro gear and 2s brushless setups in this size. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure these are brand new.

Mendo
Actually that is very sound reasoning!

Definitely weird or misleading but perhaps there will be more info out there soon.
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:48 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Not a clue, its not coming to the USA as far as I know, same goes for the other three balsa arf micros they have, a Camel, SE5, and a neiuport 17. Not to mention all the other PRIMA class stuff.....C'mon Kyosho USA, get us round-eye's some of these planes!

Mendo
One of the best posts ever in RC Groups! lol
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member