HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
876 Posts
Discussion
just back from NEAT!! what did you fly?

We are back home safely from NEAT, and i hope everybody else is too!!
What a wonderful experience we all had at the NEAT fair.
i flew my electrostick, pz wildcat, tower hobbies p-51,Stryker,David wing with lights and kesl wing with lights!!I also tried to Re-maiden my witch on a broom, there was zero wind,and this plane loves wind,but i need a more powerful set-up there. next year i will pump up her watts and amps and she will try again. I think i got her dialed now,i just gotta find the right motor and battery combo for her. I also got in a few water takeoffs and landings with my buddy Pete (meanbaby) (butt pirate) Chan's beautiful
125% Polaris! I immediately commissioned Pete to build me one, and the deal is done!!! Woo Hoo!! I was very impressed at the diversity of models appearing at this Neat Fair. all sizes all types of airplanes,helis, and other flying machines!! i saw an e.d.f. powered Wright Flyer there i really did!!!! LOL!
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Last edited by iflyrc1012; Sep 18, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 06:57 PM
Go Forward, but Remember
Pawling NY
Joined Oct 2002
944 Posts
Had my "Frakenstick" flying day and nite.

I brought lots of planes to NEAT this year. Some were even completed. Flew my GWS "Frankenstick" biplane. It has a pico stick lower wing, slow stick upper wing and the struts were made from political signs I collect THE DAY AFTER election day (I consider them litter the instant they're up). I finished and maidened it just Wednesday of last week, but still had time to add lights so I went after the balloons last night.

With all that extra lift it flies sloooow. Were it not for my lousy depth perception I think I might have done better.
reills is offline Find More Posts by reills
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:07 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts

Extreme flight had a real presance at NEAT this year! It was nice to see the officials starting to work 3D into the program! This was my 4th year there, and I felt most welcome this time around.. Thanks to Rick(great 3D pilot!,and official) for scheduling the 3D time! I had a blast flying with you guys!

I was flying the two 48" EXP Extra's(front left), and 60" EXP EDGE(front left)..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:18 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
876 Posts
Tim,
i was lucky enough to catch a few minutes of your flights and all i can say is
"fly straight and level, all those spins, loops, and rolls so close to the deck makes me dizzy"
but then again, TIM GOT SOME SERIOUS SKILLS!!!!
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
No ! Your other left !
United States, ME, Sanford
Joined Jun 2006
304 Posts
Iflyrcxxxx, the EDF 'Wrong Flyer II' belongs to Matt N. from Boston. He had the first Wrong flyer last year. That was much smaller and only one fan. I have a feeling the WF II will be back next year with a little more gussetting to hold her together. It was a success though as it did land . Last year he blew the twin rudders off and crashed after I said 'DO a Loop !' and he tried.....

I filmed this years flight as well as last. Wayne from toughjets.com has the recording on his camera. He launched while I filmed.
aramsdell is offline Find More Posts by aramsdell
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Didn't fly this year.. Ended up bringing the wife and kids and had no room for an airplane.. The kids actually loved the place so seems like we will be spending a few days next time but I will certainly be getting planes their next time.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:04 PM
Make something. Anything!
Syracuse Hancock, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,001 Posts
I had a blast! I flew two new planes a Knife Loop Yak 3D plane which is very light and flies better than I do. I also flew a Multiplex Easyglider Pro with a hot Turnegy motor motor. What a hoot.

Best flight of the weekend was my son and I flying on a buddy box for the 2nd time. Ben flew a MS Composites Citabria from the moment I launched it and turned it over to him, right down to a greased landing (his first) right at his feet!!! Then just to prove to the old man that he could do it. He repeated the 15 minute flight with a second great landing.

WOOT!!!!

Bill
bgriggs is offline Find More Posts by bgriggs
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:53 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,608 Posts
I got there Fri after dark. I logged at least 150mins on my formosa, a good 45mins on my night flying pheonix, 20mins on the bug, 20mins on the micro SU26, 30mins on my fast electric boat, and not sure how much on my filip highlander sport, but all I can say is flying a warmliner up and down the complete length of the ridge, catching the wind coming off it was one of the best flights ever. I must have flown over 25mins on a 2000mah battery. I did about 3 of those flights.
It was great, after pretty much not flying all year due to circumstances to get in so much stick time.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
flew the PhatBoy a couple of times. last flight came in too hard and busted the motor mount. got a chance to throw up the Elipstick 700 too.
i did too much chatting this year.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
818 Posts
Let's see.

I maidened a BME Yak-54 and crashed because of a bad cheap Spektrum clone Rx.

I flew my Piranha a lot, especially at night, and crashed and repaired it a lot as well for various reasons. First it was a wet transmitter that quit transmitting (hair dryer helped), then it was a mid-air (one of many, this one was a deliberate attack on my plane , others resulted in almost no damage), and then it was just stupidity - I looked at the transmitter's timer while the plane decided it did not want to keep flying straight... Finished NEAT in still flyable condition

I flew my Multiplex Blizzard some (even at the massive Multiplex launch), and did not crash it despite bad contact in one aileron servo, a torn aileron, and an oscillating elevator servo.

Besides that I flew AKModels Zero for the war birds launch, a SEMFF Spitfire that I just finished in time for the commemorative Battle of Britain flight, and a R3DMini for the balloon popping contest.
SergeyK is offline Find More Posts by SergeyK
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:01 AM
Arc, spark and smoke...
upstate NY; Lake George region
Joined Mar 2006
615 Posts
NEAT 2011 was a great time! Lots of nice folks and nice models.

I flew my Wilga at the regular flight line and my PBY Catalina at the pond. Thayer let me fly his Robbe Seabee at the pond, too.

Goood flying,
desmobob
desmobob is offline Find More Posts by desmobob
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
Tim,
i was lucky enough to catch a few minutes of your flights and all i can say is
"fly straight and level, all those spins, loops, and rolls so close to the deck makes me dizzy"
but then again, TIM GOT SOME SERIOUS SKILLS!!!!
Thanks man! I can grease in a landing if need be..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:45 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK View Post
Let's see.

First it was a wet transmitter that quit transmitting (hair dryer helped)
Their is a video that shows Sergey drying it off with the hair dryer. Or as Sergey renamed it "transmitter hair dryer"

I wish my transmitter would grow some hair.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:59 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,225 Posts
ya there is Mark, i upped it last night, hehehe
here it is

the 1st few min is the dryer, the rest is just a tour of the cabin we stay in

neat fair 2011 cabin (5 min 10 sec)

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:13 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
We are back home safely from NEAT, and i hope everybody else is too!!
What a wonderful experience we all had at the NEAT fair.
i flew my electrostick, pz wildcat, tower hobbies p-51,Stryker,David wing with lights and kesl wing with lights!!I also tried to Re-maiden my witch on a broom, there was zero wind,and this plane loves wind,but i need a more powerful set-up there. LOL!
heres the broom!
neat fair, pat's broom (1 min 51 sec)
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn