HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2011, 04:09 PM
crashology student
Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2008
116 Posts
Clauam (and anyone else looking) ... promise to not laugh at my control box ...

I bench tested the joysticks with pairs of motors and they seem to work OK (assuming there is some more complex coding for "turning"). I am still rewiring the motors and thus have not tested them while they are installed on the ROV.

Both joysticks are spring centering type and I hope that that is all right.
rshep is offline Find More Posts by rshep
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
My control board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovasia View Post
The boards have now been posted again on e-bay as I am now back from work.
Hi,
Gordon,
I have not received anything so far.
Please specify the number of the track number or send another set.
Sincerely,
Calil
claudiocalil is offline Find More Posts by claudiocalil
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Control board problem

I bought this board control and follow all the instructions but did not work, return the kit by mail and sent me one that did not work too, decided to buy another set, but I have two months without an answer, someone might say if these control board work? if anyone has problems with this kit? thanks
duneskamad:
jimmy_d is offline Find More Posts by jimmy_d
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Hello , Im new to the form. I bought the Rov kit from rov-asia.com off of the ebay sale and have never recieved it. I have emailed duncan over and over with no responce.

This is a joke, he took my money and ran with it!
ROVGUI is offline Find More Posts by ROVGUI
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:59 PM
Joined Mar 2006
55 Posts
Hello everyone
Is is guy still saling this board, or ran away?
liverpoolzero is offline Find More Posts by liverpoolzero
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:14 PM
Metallica
Londonderry UK
Joined Nov 2004
414 Posts
from the posts I've seen here and other places I would advise not doing business with rov-asia for the mean time to see how other fair out with their missing orders
robe_uk is offline Find More Posts by robe_uk
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:31 AM
The Ottoman Flyer
USA, TX, Galveston
Joined May 2010
152 Posts
Any one know what is going on with ROV-Aisa ? I am in the process of building one for a university project and i was thinking about using their board.
Ottomite is offline Find More Posts by Ottomite
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:37 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
I sent them an email to both of their email addresses over a month ago, never got a reply.
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old May 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Contact Made

Hi Guys, can someone let me know if they ever managed to get thier missing orders? I managed to contact Gordon Duncan via email yesterday. He stated

"The boards will be re manufactured in three months time they also have a light controller board,

Take care and best regards,

G. Duncan."

I hope they will be available because it is the perfect solution for anyone new into the hobby, doesn't want to use a computer uptop or does not care to learn how to do computer programming.

Anthony
bikerbones1968 is offline Find More Posts by bikerbones1968
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2010
946 Posts
Has anyone got to use one of these yet??
fireslayer26 is offline Find More Posts by fireslayer26
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:17 AM
R.O.V. Man
Devon UK
Joined Jan 2006
351 Posts
Hi.
Yes I had and still got mk1 version of thease boards and they worked for me.
Instructions were not great on the mk1 version but looking at the newer versions the instructions were good.
I am not using the boards anymore as gone over to Arduino with rs422 to rs422 makes two way information better.

Regards Antony
hargard is offline Find More Posts by hargard
Old Sep 01, 2013, 10:55 AM
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
guys i want to buy some of these boards does anyone knows a place where i can buy them please?
bc2801 is offline Find More Posts by bc2801
Old Sep 01, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
i want to buy some of these stuff does anyone knows where i can get something like this please .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovasia View Post
In the next week there will be a new set of control boards available. I will be looking forward to any questions you might have

Transmitter, Receiver, Light Control and Power Board with leak sensor and Alarm Circuit and two 3 Watt LEDs

This set of electronic boards includes a topside transmitter PCB, bottom side receiver PCB, light control PCB, Power distribution board for the ROV, leak sensor PCB, PVC base, Two 3 watt LED lights and topside piezo elictric sound module for giving indication of a water leak inside the ROV.

The top side transmitter PCB is measures 45.7 mm x 89mm and is powered by 12 Volt DC 500 mA. It can control

1. 4 Thrusters. Two aft, one lateral and one vertical. Can control both DC brushless and DC brushed motors with external circuit upto 1KW motors.

2. Two servo units for Pan and Tilt functions for

camera viewing angle control.

4. Light dimmer control.

3. Leak alarm.

The inputs of the transmitter board are connected with a 10 K Ohm potentiometer or a joystick.

Receiver PCB

The receiver PCB is 33.0 mm x 35.5 mm and receives information from the transmitter PCB and then outputs a signal into R/C PWM format to control the following.

1. Four ESC units (not supplied) that are used to control

DC brushless motors.

2. Light dimmer control board used either for control of

LEDs or 2 x 12 Volt halogen 75W bulbs.

3. Two Servo units (not supplied) which control pan and tilt

unit for the control of the viewing angle of camera.

4. Leak sensor board.

The receiver only provides the PWM signal and not the power for these external Functions. The sevo functions for pan and tilt are the only two functions that can take power from the receiver.

Light Control PCB

Attachment 3711017

The light control board PCB is 33.0 mm x 35.5 mm receives the PWM signal from the receiver board and can either control LEDs or two 75 Watts halogen bulbs. The light control board also has a fuse to protect the circuit.

Leak Sensor Board

Attachment 3711036
The leak sensor board is a very simple board that detects a leak of water into the ROV an protects the receiver board.

The Power Disruibution and Fuse PCB

Attachment 3711013

The Power distribution board distributes 12Volts DC to all the functions of the ROV and protects boards with a SMD fuse. Depending on the ESC controllers, lights used and servos used use will depent on the value of these fuses.
bc2801 is offline Find More Posts by bc2801