HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:30 PM
Joined Feb 2009
23 Posts
Definatly a must to get this plane. Now if I can decide between this and the flyzone select scale cub!

Hey mattfly. Does this mean the plane comes with a 5ch receiver.
FeoTT is offline Find More Posts by FeoTT
Last edited by FeoTT; Jul 23, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:19 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,744 Posts
Stinson Flaps

Matt,
Thank you for the info. I have 2 Parkzone Digital and 2 SV80's in hand. Do you have any recommendation? I plan on using the Digital unless you recommend otherwise.

I can hardly wait for the plane to be available...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:08 AM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,015 Posts
This plane looks great!

I see that the white part of the plane is white foam and not painted and the red parts look like flat paint. That means that the plane is going to get dirty looking quickly, like my Parkzone red/white T-28. I discovered the same problem with my Hobby-Lobby Waco bi-plane, which was also painted with a flat finish.

Here's a suggestion:

I painted my Waco and T-28 with "Delta Ceramcoat Exterior/Interior Varnish". It's available at craft stores and goes on easily with a 1" flat paint brush. It comes in either gloss, matte or satin finish, depending on your preference. Here's a link:

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...PRODID=prd2270

Be sure to get the "Exterior/Interior" kind because it is waterproof. I put two coats on my planes and it really keeps them clean and allows me to easily wipe off water and dirt picked up from the ground.

Hope this helps.
Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:33 PM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
704 Posts
FeoTT,

The Stinson comes with the AR500 receiver. The flap servo plugs into the gear channel. If you use a DX5e then the flaps are either up or down and operate with the gear switch. With a DX6i, DX7, 9303/9503, 11X, or 12X, just mix gear and flap then you can use the 3 position flap switch.

Gary,

We recommend the Parkzone DSV130 digital servo to operate the flaps. After cutting the small amount of foam to free the flaps it is good to flex them down and add hinge tape to prevent the foam hinge from cracking over time. Then work the flaps by hand to free up the hinge and it will be less load on your servo right from the start. All hardware to make the flaps functional are included with the plane except the additional servo.

The way this plane flies it does not need flaps for landing and is very docile, but the flaps are very fun to play with and look so nice in the air on final approach.

Thanks

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Mattfly is offline Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,744 Posts
Matt,
Thank you for the info. I have a couple of the Parkzone servos on hand and just need the plane
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:42 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
You must purchase another servo to make the flaps operational.

The pushrods are included with the airplane.

Thanks

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Any way of adding some interior images to the website?

Thanks
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:44 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
478 Posts
Made room in the hangar already. Lets see,Stinson Reliant,Monocoupe 90a ??????????????????????????? Yup all we need is the MonoCoupe 90a to go with the Stin. and Im dyin happy. B
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:49 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
seeing parkzone go this route is very exciting.

this one WILL end up in my collection.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 04:58 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
Parkzone's Stinson Reliant SR-10 BNF (1 min 18 sec)
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:17 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
47 Posts
I think this is a great aircraft. Do yu think there will be a second edition released with a differet paint scheme - lke the Trojan was ??
Monkfish81 is offline Find More Posts by Monkfish81
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:52 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
I am loking forward to what WE do to this plane!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:34 AM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
Is it possible to order just the parts to make a complete model?

I have a motor, ESC and servos and would like to keep the cost down since money is tight now.

THIS IS ONE BEAUTIFUL MODEL, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:43 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,032 Posts
After the BNF and PNP sell for a while, they should stock the spare parts. History has shown that these parts are often sold out quickly.

Also, by the time you've bought all the foam parts separately, you'll be close to the price of the PNP.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,218 Posts
Judging by the video and experience with ParkZone planes in general, I'm wondering if this plane will take over from the Trojan as the best aileron trainer.

Matt or Dave, can you explain the price differntial between the BNF and PNP planes? For the Extra and the Stinson the difference is $65, but for the recently released Wildcat the difference is $30. Why such a discrepancy?
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L View Post
Judging by the video and experience with ParkZone planes in general, I'm wondering if this plane will take over from the Trojan as the best aileron trainer.

Matt or Dave, can you explain the price differntial between the BNF and PNP planes? For the Extra and the Stinson the difference is $65, but for the recently released Wildcat the difference is $30. Why such a discrepancy?
Difference in price differential is because of different batteries and chargers between the two classes of product.

I don't think the Stinson will supplant the Trojan. The honest ground handling of the tricycle-gear T-28 will trump even the most honest taildragger, IMO.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor