HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:37 PM
SoCal, California
Joined Feb 2009
105 Posts
Rave
Tactic rocks!

For Christmas I bought three sets of the Tactic TTX240 2.4GHz radio systems for our Rustlers. A week ago we had a small mishap that ended up with a broken antenna and housing on one of the controllers. These transmitters do not use a regular screw-on antenna. A trip to my LHS revealed that a replacement is not available.

I emailed Tactic and told them what happened and 'Barb B.' replied the next morning with a phone number to call her. She said that they do not offer a replacement antenna at all, but will look in the stock area and ask around if one is to be found. I gave her my credit card number to cover the $6.50 shipping charge.

Today I received a package from UPS. Inside was an entire brand new transmitter! A check of the invoice shows they did in fact only charge me the $6.50 for shipping. On top of it, there isn't a label or any indication for me to send the broken transmitter back to them. (I have emailed Barb B. to verify this though).

Holy cow!
PMDRACER is offline Find More Posts by PMDRACER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,312 Posts
Good for you, 2.4ghx radio have a coaxial antenna, just like your tv cable. It may look like just one wire but there is a smaller wire inside.

Nice to see a company do this.

Myself I am a Spektrum onwer and their was a time when some radios were recalled and if you sent it back for warranty, Canadian & US owners had free shipping and the radios came back with a 6ch RX. That was nice of them.

Their are companies who actually care about the customers.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:08 PM
SoCal, California
Joined Feb 2009
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Good for you, 2.4ghx radio have a coaxial antenna, just like your tv cable. It may look like just one wire but there is a smaller wire inside.
LOL... It took me a few reads, but I finally figured out what you are saying. I kinda mis-led in my post. I realize now the way I wrote the OP that it reads like I meant it used a chrome AM antenna "that unscrews". Egg on my face!

I meant the FM antenna doesn't come off separately, so it can be replaced. My bad.
PMDRACER is offline Find More Posts by PMDRACER