HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2012, 08:24 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
yeah I think it is actually intended for some other use, but as with many things on the 8FG there are lots of ways to do things. I use it on gas and electric models for consistency, but I think there is also an electric-specific way using the motor function instead of throttle. Anyway, hope this helps.
I actually use it in reverse to what you guys use...so it kinda makes sense for the naming. Set my glow engines for a slightly higher and reliable idle for aggressive aerobatics, and when coming in for landing, I use the "idle down" to lower the RPM's for a nice slow landing. That way I do not need to monkey with the trim while lining up the runway. What I like is the radio will also indicate on power up that the "Idle Down" switch is active, so I will never take off with a low idle setting if I forget to flip it back after landing. But hey...whatever works for ya!
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Chaska, MN
Joined Mar 2010
21 Posts
Just recently picked up one of these for flying FPV and my tonka summit. I found especially with my summit that I was remapping the channels/functions so much that it would be handy to have a cheat card that could be created for each model and then laminated. Not sure if others would find it handy but thought I'd share it just in case someone does! I printed these as 4x6" photos 4 to a sheet and then cut them out. Hand wrote what each switch/joystick was assigned to and then laminated it. Now I just have these cards in my transmitter case for quick review or for when others want to try flying.
blakekrone is offline Find More Posts by blakekrone
Old May 08, 2012, 06:46 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
706 Posts
stick tension...mode 1

hi there,
how to adjust the stick (J2) tension?.....when I opened up the tx...there's no screw to adj for the J2 stick which is the throttle (mode 1). I would like to up the tension a bit so that I don't accidently change it (up/down) coz its so smooth.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old May 08, 2012, 06:49 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
hi there,
how to adjust the stick (J2) tension?.....when I opened up the tx...there's no screw to adj for the J2 stick which is the throttle (mode 1). I would like to up the tension a bit so that I don't accidently change it (up/down) coz its so smooth.
Instead of a spring J2 has a metal bar creating pressure on a sawtooth disk. If you want to increase this pressure remove the bar (1 screw) bend it slightly towards the disk and re-install it.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 06:59 PM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Instead of a spring J2 has a metal bar creating pressure on a sawtooth disk. If you want to increase this pressure remove the bar (1 screw) bend it slightly towards the disk and re-install it.

- Birger
actually mine has another bended bar that came with the tx and I already changed the ori one but after a few usage, it became smooth again. my old 6EX has a rugged disc but I sold it already.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old May 09, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'm #4 on Lindsay's list!
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,376 Posts
Most radios use a steel strap anchored at both ends for the throttle, with one end being adjustable. Futaba doesn't bother with this, you get the throttle friction they give you and you like it.

If bending it doesn't satisfy you, you could probably solder a thin brass strip to the piece to make it stiffer.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Old May 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Feb 2010
429 Posts
So i recently picked up an 8fg and an r6014hs and im having issues. I always try out a new reciever in a cheap plane so that is what i am doing and its going in my parkzone p47. When i have the cc bec plugged into the reciever and the red wire going from the esc to the receiver unplugged the motor pulses at full throttle. If i remove the cc bec ad use the internal bec its fine. The bec isnt bad since it works fine with the 8 channel receiver that came with the radio.

My question is can i run two bec's into the same receiver without having any issues?
paintballer987 is offline Find More Posts by paintballer987
Old May 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,376 Posts
No. Just one bec can be used but it sounds like your problem is simply a low/overloaded battery tripping the lvc and has nothing to do with any of your radio equipment.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:55 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
1,814 Posts
Check the timing on yor ESC match yor motor pole number and kv. The problem is not the radio
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old May 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,492 Posts
Also, if you are running the external BEC ensure that you isolate the red (or center) wire that goes from the ESC to the receiver.

Sorry, just saw that you are doing this (poor reading the first time around).

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2012, 06:12 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Feb 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
No. Just one bec can be used but it sounds like your problem is simply a low/overloaded battery tripping the lvc and has nothing to do with any of your radio equipment.
Tried it with two different esc's the stock one won't even respond and the castle creations pulses. Battery is fully charged I can check with another battery encase that one happens to have issues. I forgot about the lvc since it was a fully charged battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Check the timing on yor ESC match yor motor pole number and kv. The problem is not the radio
One esc is the stock esc and the other has worked before with my dx7.

I will clarify on my original post that with the 8 channel rx works fine on the p47 with the external bec
Old May 10, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,376 Posts
The esc that does not work likely doesn't like your endpoints. Only half of the travel range is used for throttle so try setting endpoints to ~+/-70%. Also high speed mode may confuse really low quality escs so check that the rx boots with no orange when the rx is off. The pulsing is something else though. Maybe motor or esc damage during the move?
Old May 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
1,814 Posts
If yor esc does not like HS mode you can try change functio from ch 3 to ch 8 and stll using high speed.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old May 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Feb 2010
429 Posts
Well i started playing with it, fresh battery rechecked the connections. It still had issues, i then swapped the esc's again back to the stock 30amp elfite esc and it worked. I put the esc that didnt work in another plane with a spektrum rx and works fine. I dont know why it was having issues but it works now so im going to test it this weekend and see what happens.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer987 View Post
Well i started playing with it, fresh battery rechecked the connections. It still had issues, i then swapped the esc's again back to the stock 30amp elfite esc and it worked. I put the esc that didnt work in another plane with a spektrum rx and works fine. I dont know why it was having issues but it works now so im going to test it this weekend and see what happens.
Check your Rx, if its in high speed or normal mode; the esc problems might arise from Rx in Hs mode and if you get it working with another ESC and use analog servos you probably will kill them soon. HS mode needs digital servos in CH1-6 (incl ESC capable of handling the shorter frames)

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6008...4hs-manual.pdf
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris