HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 03:35 PM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Question
New to FPV, need advice!

I'm planning on ordering the DJI Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal, H3+ GoPro.

I contacted the folks at DJI and they recommended picking up the DJI Lightbridge and hooking it up to the GoPro. I really don't need a mile's range nor a flawless 1080 HD picture. At least, not bad enough that I'm willing to spend $1200 on it.

So my question is, what can I pick up as a cheaper but still good alternative to the Lightbridge? Also, can someone recommend a nice pair of FPV Goggles with headtracking to hook it all together? (Assuming i've got all the equipment right)

Also let me know if there's anything else I'm missing!
Sylfaen is offline Find More Posts by Sylfaen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:42 PM
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
I've always used Fathshark and ImmersionRC gear. Since the Phantom 2 operates on 2.4 ghz, and all the Fatshark and ImmersionRC gear operates on 5.8 ghz you should be good. Fatshark goggles come with a transmitter inside the headset but no matter what you will want to upgrade to the ImmersionRC Omni antennas with SMA connector ($40), and I would recommend the patch antenna as well, also with SMA connector ($70). As far as the receiver I would use the ImmersionRC 600mw ($70). The last thing you will need is obviously goggles, high quality goggles are the Fatshark Dominators ($375) or Dominator HDs for ($550) and they both work with the Trinity Head Tracker ($120). That is all you really need but you can also purchase the EZOSD by ImmersionRC ($170), which provides all the vital info you need live in your video goggles. And I almost forgot a $10 GoPro to ImmersionRC cable from RMRC. Mostly everything you need will be available at getfpv.com.

I hope that helps and make sense, there are tons of videos you can find for setting this all up.

Let me know if you need anything else.
hudsonh is offline Find More Posts by hudsonh