HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
Hello Dave,
In reality, we can run into problems and did not fulfill promises to deliver to the designated date, and accordingly will hang the money for a longer period, if everything is OK with this? I am ready to put the reward for 50 engines with a price of 2000USD after we reach the planned amount at indiegogo.com.
And again it's no need to compare us and Kingtech we try to make next generation of the engines they sell same engines like others so they compete only with the prices.
I dont get you. Your constantly talking about "next generation" of rc turbines, but your not really doing anything spectacular. You Might reduce fuel consumption a bit, and extend service life (which doesnt mean much to most, as everyone i know flies their turbines until something isnt right with them, and they know this by continually monitoring them).

If you want to bring "next generation" technology to rc turbines, do something impressive and skip the centrigual turbocharger compressor wheels and bring a Full AXIAL flow rc turbine to market.

If you can do that, make it reliable, light and cost effective, i bet you'd have orders out the wazoo to fill.
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
Joined Jul 2013
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
I dont get you. Your constantly talking about "next generation" of rc turbines, but your not really doing anything spectacular. You Might reduce fuel consumption a bit, and extend service life (which doesnt mean much to most, as everyone i know flies their turbines until something isnt right with them, and they know this by continually monitoring them).

If you want to bring "next generation" technology to rc turbines, do something impressive and skip the centrigual turbocharger compressor wheels and bring a Full AXIAL flow rc turbine to market.

If you can do that, make it reliable, light and cost effective, i bet you'd have orders out the wazoo to fill.
"You Might reduce fuel consumption a bit" - a bit? 1,5 time it's a bit?

"If you want to bring "next generation" technology to rc turbines, do something impressive and skip the centrigual turbocharger compressor wheels and bring a Full AXIAL flow rc turbine to market"
-For this market even 1,5 times less weight and fuel consumption it's already next generation.
- We have in place bi-rotational turbine for turboprop
- We have in place turbofan engine with bi-rotational turbine

And we ofcourse can do axial compressor for engine but it's will be very expensive, and no efficient, axial compressor efficient only when diameter of wheels more than 125mm and because of it the thrust is more than 60Kg. So road for axial compressor is closed for air models.
AndreyS is offline Find More Posts by AndreyS
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:50 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyS View Post
"You Might reduce fuel consumption a bit" - a bit? 1,5 time it's a bit?

"If you want to bring "next generation" technology to rc turbines, do something impressive and skip the centrigual turbocharger compressor wheels and bring a Full AXIAL flow rc turbine to market"
-For this market even 1,5 times less weight and fuel consumption it's already next generation. My opinion, but not really. You can only reduce weight so much, and fuel is a necessary evil. If i was worried about the cost of fuel, i'd go elecric. Not to mention, there are already proven, established brands that offer Real world items available for purchase now.
- We have in place bi-rotational turbine for turboprop
- We have in place turbofan engine with bi-rotational turbine

And we ofcourse can do axial compressor for engine but it's will be very expensive, and no efficient, axial compressor efficient only when diameter of wheels more than 125mm and because of it the thrust is more than 60Kg. So road for axial compressor is closed for air models.
Pay attention to the words in bold.

And also, you Don't have anything "in place" unless it is in your hands and a Viable, worldly item.
Computer drawings and simulations don't mean jack to people who want to see real world data.
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Aug 27, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joined Jul 2013
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
Pay attention to the words in bold.

And also, you Don't have anything "in place" unless it is in your hands and a Viable, worldly item.
Computer drawings and simulations don't mean jack to people who want to see real world data.
Everybody start from R&D in simulations and software, we already done our R and now we need money for D. Other companies even don't do they R, show me some copmany(RC turbines) wich says what they have computer model of the same engines?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 09:12 PM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,837 Posts
And axial compressor would be pointless for an airplane that lives below 200 knots and is small enough to fit in a 6-7" fuselage. That is, unless you consider an axial booster of some sort to then feed a centrifugal compressor. There's a reason modern helicopter and turboprop engines still use centrifugal compressors as their main means of compressing air. Axial compressors with low inlet velocities require rather complicated stators (translation: expensive to maintain) unless the inlet velocity is constant from start to finish. Even our large industrial gas turbines that just sit there and spin on a fixed platform at 10,000 rpm have the first 7 (of 16) compressor stages outfitted with adjustable stators. Further, you need at least 6 compressor stages to be viable anyway, preferably more. That's a lot of machining and cost.

If you want to do something that is truly a "next generation" of RC aircraft turbines, put a 150mm fan in front of your 50mm turbine. Install a fan, put a booster of, I don't know, say 90mm diameter on the same shaft (you can do the math since you have the magic software), and then duct it to your HPC. Add a two stage LPT on the back, and you'd really have something special.

There are others who have done what I describe, but for a big price. Make it affordable and you'll sell them as fast as you can make them.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Sep 01, 2013, 03:57 AM
Joined Jul 2013
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
And axial compressor would be pointless for an airplane that lives below 200 knots and is small enough to fit in a 6-7" fuselage. That is, unless you consider an axial booster of some sort to then feed a centrifugal compressor. There's a reason modern helicopter and turboprop engines still use centrifugal compressors as their main means of compressing air. Axial compressors with low inlet velocities require rather complicated stators (translation: expensive to maintain) unless the inlet velocity is constant from start to finish. Even our large industrial gas turbines that just sit there and spin on a fixed platform at 10,000 rpm have the first 7 (of 16) compressor stages outfitted with adjustable stators. Further, you need at least 6 compressor stages to be viable anyway, preferably more. That's a lot of machining and cost.

If you want to do something that is truly a "next generation" of RC aircraft turbines, put a 150mm fan in front of your 50mm turbine. Install a fan, put a booster of, I don't know, say 90mm diameter on the same shaft (you can do the math since you have the magic software), and then duct it to your HPC. Add a two stage LPT on the back, and you'd really have something special.

There are others who have done what I describe, but for a big price. Make it affordable and you'll sell them as fast as you can make them.
As I told we have turbofan engines with counter-rotating turbine but for the start we going to release at least just Jet engine. We also probably will do later few engines - axial and turbofan but only for russian costumers and only small amount and after we will do our jet engines. It's will be not for export.
Last edited by AndreyS; Sep 01, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2013, 04:08 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,264 Posts
You have no turbine in existence.. and yet you continue to make claims of how you've improved it over other engines on the market. If you havent built an engine that has real world data/reuslts... then you havent built anything at all. Get back to us when you have a working prototype. Anything else is just hot air.

This Russian engine is going to meet the same fait as the Hobby King engine. It just Aint going to happen
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Sep 07, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 12:59 AM
Joined Mar 2010
276 Posts
Good luck to AndreyS, don't let the knockers get you down, but you'll get a better response once you have something tangible to show.
Smokeyr67 is offline Find More Posts by Smokeyr67