HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dani123, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:49 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2005
145 Posts
Idea
Voltage regulator with low voltage alarm

A couple of weeks ago I was flying my SG with 2s lipo and voltage regulator (see my other blog entries).
Well, after 2 hours + I planted it in the ground due to low voltage, the juice simply ran out and I didn't track the time, my fault completely.

After the incident I came to two conclusions:
1. I need to be aware of the flight time.
2. What about voltage alarm?

There are some commercial units, but being me ) I wanted something DIY.
After searching the forum and the web I came across this nice design called the Micro Scream: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=LiPo+Screamer.

It is really simple, 6 components in all, and can be adopted to any voltage threshold (I have it on 6.6v now) that I like. After soldering one and validating it's functionality, I had an idea.
Why not integrate the voltage regulator and the micro scream in one unit ?
Again, there are some commercial units, but I like challenges

So, after one night with soldering iron, I ended up with this unit. It is completely functional and the concept is validated.

Next, I would like to make it smaller, to put the components closer together and reduce the volume and of course the weight.

I will update upon progress.
Dani
Dani123 is online now Find More Posts by Dani123
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts