Old Nov 21, 2014, 05:58 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfins View Post
Rickochet, thanks for the links.
I guess my only remaining question would be, what is the preferred method for securely holding the wings on? I am leaning towards the velcro or rubber bands just for ease and being able to see the mechanical connection. I may also do magnets for added security.
A piece of tape...

scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2014, 03:27 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,821 Posts
I used small magnets and on the last (143rd) flight they were not effective, I suspect one pair detached from the wing. But without the bits I will never know.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 22, 2014, 07:18 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfins View Post
Rickochet, thanks for the links.
I guess my only remaining question would be, what is the preferred method for securely holding the wings on? I am leaning towards the velcro or rubber bands just for ease and being able to see the mechanical connection. I may also do magnets for added security.
I found an old pic showing the velcro I use (white strips hanging out of wing opening). I glued a piece across the wing opening and put two small pieces under the wing. It works fine. I was afraid that the magnets I had were too strong.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
That's the way I favor for holding on the wings with velcro.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member