RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:46 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Excellent flyer! Check out our maiden from inside the cockpit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZK0EUxtBuo
Very nice loved how it handled broke.

Is that a keychain camera mounted to a servo for panning?
I also like the lack of wind noise from inside. Just enough but not to much.

Thanks for sharing
Ed
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:24 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by race58 View Post
Very nice loved how it handled broke.

Is that a keychain camera mounted to a servo for panning?
I also like the lack of wind noise from inside. Just enough but not to much.

Thanks for sharing
Ed
Thanks Ed. Full review coming soon at Motion. I'm using a go pro. I adjust volume while editing. I put the servo pan on the flap channel which is on a roll dial on my futaba 8j. Sub to our channel to keep up with the latest.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:28 AM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,991 Posts
Thanks and already have I think???

Still gotta be quieter than on the outside with the wind right?

Ed
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Old Nov 08, 2013, 12:28 AM
Lovin my DX18QQ!!
Australia, QLD, Ferny Hills
Joined Apr 2013
750 Posts
Pulled the trigger on one of these from RC-Castle today. Ordered the A6M2 as the M3 was out of stock.
PhillPerry is online now Find More Posts by PhillPerry
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
I just maidened my A6M2 green Zero after a year of sitting in my shop......

I bought the kit version, fit all metal geared servos, installed an 80 amp Dynam ESC, and used a stock motor/prop...Battery is a 5S 3700mAh 35C pack...

The plane flew GREAT but was tail heavy---Which is easily remedied by moving the battery further forward...Although the plane was tail heavy she NEVER gave me even a hint that she would snap on me when too slow!!!......I tried the flaps and this made the elevator more sensitive and caused the nose to pitch upward...After flying several circuits low and slow I decided to land...The left gear wouldn't come down as the inner gear door fouled the strut...(I had the gear doors too tightly adjusted...)...A belly landing was in order---I slowed the plane down and easily flopped her in to tall grass...I'm HAPPY!!!......

The next flight will have the battery further forward...And she didn't need ANY trim changes...(Other than the elevator due to the aft CG)...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:25 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
I keep saying this .... gotta get it out and fly it again. I'm sure it is lonely just sitting there.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
I keep saying this .... gotta get it out and fly it again. I'm sure it is lonely just sitting there.
Don
I don't know why it took me so long to maiden this plane---My neighbor (a FedEx pilot and fellow RC'er) kept trying to buy her from me...Something told me to NOT sell her---Glad I didn't!!!...

I still have two planes to maiden---My FMS V7 P-51 and an E-RC 70mm F-35...The P-51 has an Orange RC 3 axis stabilization system installed just for kicks...Should be fun to fly!!!...I'm going to sell my brand new Hughes 500 heli w/500 mechanics to make room for an FMS FW-190---Can't get enough of these FMS 1400mm warbirds!!!

Kevin
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:55 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I don't know why it took me so long to maiden this plane---My neighbor (a FedEx pilot and fellow RC'er) kept trying to buy her from me...Something told me to NOT sell her---Glad I didn't!!!...

I still have two planes to maiden---My FMS V7 P-51 and an E-RC 70mm F-35...The P-51 has an Orange RC 3 axis stabilization system installed just for kicks...Should be fun to fly!!!...I'm going to sell my brand new Hughes 500 heli w/500 mechanics to make room for an FMS FW-190---Can't get enough of these FMS 1400mm warbirds!!!

Kevin
Heh .... you have no idea...there are 12 step programs
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:57 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Get the P 40 youll love that one and its the least expensive one in the 1400 mm class on motion RC
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2013, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
THAT'S funny!!!...I have a couple of the FMS 800mm warbirds, the 1400mm Zero, 1450mm V7 P-51, as well as the FMS 1470mm B-25...Well on my way to the 12 step program!!!...

When I sell my heli I'm looking at buying the 1400mm FMS FW-190 and maybe the 1400mm Corsair...These 1400mm warbirds easily fit in the trunk of my 2012 Mustang with the rear seats folded down---As well as easily fitting at least one 1100mm plane (or a few smaller planes) in the rear seating area...With my 2012 silver Mustang I like to fly low as well as fly high with my models!!!...Yep---I've got the bug REALLY bad!!!......
Old Nov 09, 2013, 09:24 AM
Warbird Willie
United States, AZ, Sierra Vista
Joined Jul 2012
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
It's actually a 12 plane program....I'm on #10 so I'm almost cured.

Jim
jtalley10 is offline Find More Posts by jtalley10
Old Nov 09, 2013, 03:08 PM
Eaton, Indiana
United States, IN, Granville
Joined May 2008
184 Posts
I'm in that program,, 2 times ,started on my third
skyhawkdc is offline Find More Posts by skyhawkdc
Old Nov 11, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Got in another flight this afternoon before a cold front takes us over....With the battery placed all of the way forward the CG was perfect!!!...The plane flew very well but I had some gear door issues...On the right gear the inner door would foul the strut when the gear was retracted...Cycled it and the same thing happened...I landed and checked the gear out...Even @ full throttle on the ground the inner gear doors closed perfectly and didn't foul the strut...My guess is that when the plane is flying that there is enough air pressure to keep the inner doors from closing properly on the air loaded retracts---The right gear in particular due to the prop wash...

I'm needing to either go with the Jomar gear door sequencer to slow things down or go with mechanically closed gear doors...I prefer to have the doors closed electronically as mechanical gear doors are a PITA with constant adjustments...I may end up loosing the inner gear doors all together...As small as they are they wouldn't be noticed as MIA in flight...

A couple of other things that I've noticed---MAN...Does this plane LOVE TO GLIDE!!!...She will push on with the prop windmilling in the breeze!!!..And not a hint of stalling!!!...And this plane really likes for the rudder to be used in the turns---A coordinated rudder turn looks so much nicer with this bird than just banking and yanking...Lastly, 5S is where it's at with this plane...She really scoots along on 5S with VERY large loops and a wide throttle range...I like it!!!

She's a KEEPER!!!

Kevin
Old Nov 11, 2013, 08:56 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,406 Posts
Nice report Kevin! That wing never gives up. I've not seen another plane resist the stall like this one
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member