HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:49 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Thanks. I may just ask $85.00 shipped for both.

Flew my learner/trainer/sacrificial lamb Master CP today. I have lots of simulator time with lots of time on helis I have no business flying but had to know, and the usual dual rotor hover around traing.

It paid off, my maiden flight lift off was good and I was corkscrewing around but if not for the simulator time I would have either nailed a tree head on at speed or drove it hard into the dirt

Yes I crashed, but knew enough to let off and the 2nd run I landed kinda hard. Broke the tail fin. It was hanging like it was hinged. Easy Epoxy fix.

I was ballsy with no training gear. Its on there now and +30 expo has been applied. Can't wait.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:53 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Cool. Sounds like it was a small price to pay.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:46 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
I have been eyeballing the brushed motor's cooling vents and how some heat sinks cover one of them. I put 1 and a half of another before realizing I left one hole open and the other covered. Not good?

Also I picked up one of these, the top just covers both vents.and am going to open up those areas. A swath with a 1/2 " end mill about 1/4" deep will do nicely I think.

Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Jul 2007
96 Posts
Where can I buy one V400D02 BNF? Without a transmitter.

http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-v40...adytobind.html

This would be perfect to buy, but out of stock.
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:57 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post

I know it may be a stock photo but the receiver shown in the pic is not a Devo receiver.

Call HeliRC Store. Get him on the phone, because even though its not listed on his site he may be able to provide if asked. Let us know.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:45 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan View Post

Try here.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
I hope someone got their package today.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:28 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
I hope someone got their package today.
Yes I Did! Thanks. Its going to sit still for several days though. I did open and peek!

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Got some Fusonic (MG-D-9G) today. At least thats what I ordered from Ehirobo. No labels or ID markings. Wow. The ziplocks looked used. No screw marks on the servos though.

Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Looking around you seem low. Maybe more like 70 for the tx and 35 for the rx.
I got $88.00 for them on eBay in less than 24 hrs.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
56 Posts
need help with devo7 settings and fusonic servos

Hello all,
I've installed the fusonic mg-d-9g servos on my v400d20 with a devo7 transmitter. I'm still using the stock motors and ESC.

It looks like the ALE, ELEV, RUDD, PITCH settings are now backwards. I've used the REVSW setting to set the ALE, ELEV, RUDD from normal to reverse. I set the PITCH setting to reverse but the pitch is still backwards. With positive collective the swash goes down, negative collective the swash goes up?

What settings do I need to use with the fusonic servos? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jfranklyn is offline Find More Posts by jfranklyn
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:54 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfranklyn View Post
Hello all,
I've installed the fusonic mg-d-9g servos on my v400d20 with a devo7 transmitter. I'm still using the stock motors and ESC.

It looks like the ALE, ELEV, RUDD, PITCH settings are now backwards. I've used the REVSW setting to set the ALE, ELEV, RUDD from normal to reverse. I set the PITCH setting to reverse but the pitch is still backwards. With positive collective the swash goes down, negative collective the swash goes up?

What settings do I need to use with the fusonic servos? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I'm not up on the Devo firmware and this may be a stupid question. Did you try the 3 servos negative but the pitch positive?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:34 PM
United States, NC, Whitsett
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
jfranklyn,
You might also check to be sure that they are all moving the same direction individually. I installed some Fusonic servos recently, had some weird stuff going on with the movement once I programmed everything, and then decided to test them with my servo tester. Turned out that two of them were moving in the opposite direction from the third. I opened them up and they were all wired differently.
Two choices, fix them to move like stock by re-wiring, or fix them to move all in the same direction, but opposite of stock, then reverse in the tx, and flip around the receiver. Since I was fixing them anyway, I re-wired them to move the same as stock and everything worked great.

Oh, and don't reverse RUDD.

Hope that helps.
chrisnc is offline Find More Posts by chrisnc
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Does anyone know if this heli will fit a scale fuselage such as the align md 500?
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:53 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,021 Posts
I have not installed Fusonics with the 2614 receiver, but I did use them with the 2702. I know other members here have installed the Fusonics with the 2614 and Devo 7 tx--so it is possible once you know the proper settings.

You will just have to fiddle around with the Reverse settings and switching the positions of the servos in the receiver. That is to say, you may have to switch the PIT and AIL servos from what is shown in the manual. You should also be able to mount the ELEV servo on either side of the frame, should the need arise. I wish I could tell you exactly what to do, but I cannot. When I switched from Fusonics to Hitec servos, I had to repeat this whole process. But now it's all working great. You'll get there, too.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011