HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2010, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2009
4 Posts
Discussion
e-station 301-DX charger start problems

Hi all, I have a new 301-DX charger and have also a new and charged `12v lead acid automotive battery to use with it as power source.
Have never used anything like this b4.
Anyway I set it up and connected to the lead acid battery and got the fault message "IN VOLTAGE ERROR" which the handbook unhelpfully states as meaning "the voltage of input power lowers the limit" which tells me nothing certainly not what to do to fix it. I then connected the supply to a small gell cell 12 volt I had and it seemed all set to go no problem, but of course no use for charging the 3800 NiMhs that I wanted to do.
Any help appreciated as to how to get the set right with a lead acid as power source.
thanks
Ray
rayna is offline Find More Posts by rayna
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2010, 04:20 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,604 Posts
Sounds like your automobile battery is too low to use as input.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:05 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayna View Post
Hi all, I have a new 301-DX charger and have also a new and charged `12v lead acid automotive battery to use with it as power source.
Have never used anything like this b4.
Anyway I set it up and connected to the lead acid battery and got the fault message "IN VOLTAGE ERROR" which the handbook unhelpfully states as meaning "the voltage of input power lowers the limit" which tells me nothing certainly not what to do to fix it. I then connected the supply to a small gell cell 12 volt I had and it seemed all set to go no problem, but of course no use for charging the 3800 NiMhs that I wanted to do.
Any help appreciated as to how to get the set right with a lead acid as power source.
thanks
Ray
The error means that that the volatge of the power source is too low.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor