New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by xchampkevin
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Nov 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
Need help! Genesis

I recently just got a genesis rc boat from hk. After lubing the driveshaft and putting it back in, I tested in my pool. The propeller became loose. I removed it and the metal thing with the propeller (what is it called?) in the strut looks like thhe inside is stripped. What should I do? Thanks
xchampkevin is offline Find More Posts by xchampkevin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by Harquebus
I see all your typos
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,633 Posts
"Metal thing with the propeller": Prop shaft or the tube (e.g. stuffing box) the prop shaft rotates in?

It looks like the threads on the drive shaft are damaged or "stripped". If it's not too bad, reinstall the propeller and secure it with Loctite....
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,117 Posts
The harden tail shaft has come unsoldered from the cable drive. It has to be silver soldered back to the cable in order to work.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Jul 20, 2015, 03:57 AM
Find More Posts by Harquebus
I see all your typos
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,633 Posts
Good eye. I needed better photos and/or description but it was no small feat for FrankG.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by pompebled
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,402 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the flexshaft on the Genesis has a square end which fits in the endpiece, no soldering involved.

Lacking better pictures, it seems to me the drivedog hasn't been secured on the endpiece.
The setscrew should sit on the flat section, preferably secured with a drop of nailpolish.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by xchampkevin
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Nov 2014
4 Posts
Sorrry, about the bad pictures, it's my dad's boat and I didnt have time. I didnt see any set screw on the driveshaft. We tried to squeeze it on to the flexshaft, but it just cracked. The inside is also stripped, so where could I get a new one? Thanks.
xchampkevin is offline Find More Posts by xchampkevin
Old Jul 22, 2015, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by Banana37
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ngth_1pc_.html
Banana37 is offline Find More Posts by Banana37