New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Joined Oct 2009
1,662 Posts
Well i re-soldered the connectors and tried several different timing settings, but it appears the motor is at least partially toast. Might just grab a bl32 and run it bone stock for now.
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Joined Jan 2015
237 Posts
Yeah, I'm just wrapping up with rewiring/soldering my own Habu 32. I had been bench testing it and discovered the wiring between the batteries and the ESC were getting very hot during full throttle bench testing. I couldn't go more than about 30 seconds at full throttle before the wiring would get smoking hot. I was running 12/13 gauge wires and now done redoing everything with 10 gauge. Hopefully that will be the ticket.
YokohamaSoGo is offline Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,725 Posts
I like the JP electric brakes quality, but as everyone knows, they don't make a 45mm wheel/brake that fits the Habu 32. So, the only ones I came across was the Shulman Aviation 45mm electric brakes. Has anyone tried these?

They are a hefty price, very hefty actually, but curious on their quality.

http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...oducts_id=2889
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by Castel101
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
900 Posts
I just don't like Shulman Aviation at all! I got their retract set for the Eflite F-4 for $200 (to save a little from buying Tam's set), only to find out that they were the same RC Lander retracts at more than twice the price! Never buying from them again...
Castel101 is offline Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by jgalexander
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel101 View Post
I just don't like Shulman Aviation at all! I got their retract set for the Eflite F-4 for $200 (to save a little from buying Tam's set), only to find out that they were the same RC Lander retracts at more than twice the price! Never buying from them again...
Agreed! Their EDF units are the same deal. RC Lander with a cool paint job and a huge markup. Lameeeeeeeeeeee.... Makes me wonder what else is just a marked up copy of cheap stuff.
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Joined Jan 2015
237 Posts
Quote:
That's too bad about the company if this is in fact true. I was looking at another posting where the em-brakes were posted up and they seemed really nice. Maybe I need to take a closer look before purchasing.
YokohamaSoGo is offline Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
Joined Aug 2008
6,725 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Agreed! Their EDF units are the same deal. RC Lander with a cool paint job and a huge markup. Lameeeeeeeeeeee.... Makes me wonder what else is just a marked up copy of cheap stuff.
-J
Yep, that's why I'm seriously hesitant on their brakes, even though I can't tell if they are rebranded Landers. They do look different when comparing, but it is hard to trust. Many of Shulman's stuff is rebranded and marked up through the roof. Thats why I never purchased their EDF's. The mark-up bull really bothers me. It's one thing to mark up a product 10%, but it's a whole other thing to mark them up 4x5 times the amount.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by Castel101
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
900 Posts
Yep, even if those were the only brakes I would not buy them from him but that's just me, Shulman Aviation suuuucks.
Castel101 is offline Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
Joined Aug 2008
6,725 Posts
Yeah, that type of practice definitely does not make a potential customer feel comfortable ordering.