Find More Posts by struts
Mod Hovercrft design constrn
United Kingdom, England, Rye
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
Discussion
Photos

Hi Guys
In response to comments posted elsewhere on this illustrious site here are some pics of hovercraft designed and constructed by me dating back to 1987. heh heh heh ,
struts is offline Find More Posts by struts
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by jpcwebb
MHA webmaster
United Kingdom, England, Reading
Joined Mar 2011
229 Posts
I expect these days you could quite comfortably convert these to brushless electric!
jpcwebb is offline Find More Posts by jpcwebb
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
Hi Guys
For those of you interested, the craft has an integrated lift and propulsion system using a 6 inch diameter 6 bladed variable pitch fan with 2 inch hoverheight .There are 46 individual skirt fingers designed cut and stitched by me and the skirt/cushion is compartmented . Craft AUW is approx 7-8lbs and can carry a payload of approx 5-6lbs. Hope this helps !

Trying to upload a vid with no success yet ! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
brushless

Hi JPC
Yes I suppose you could although havent tried yet as Im just finishing an uprated version and a 4ft hull for 25cc strim.