HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Evans, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:46 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Film whatever you want, charge what you want, just say you took it from your ultralight or from a kite.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
im lucky in mexico there are no autorothy in jurisdiccion over rc i know a guy who flown like 25 km away to tequesquitengo to cuernavaca an passed really close to the cuernavaca airport and the radar didnt even detected him
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
im lucky in mexico there are no autorothy in jurisdiccion over rc i know a guy who flown like 25 km away to tequesquitengo to cuernavaca an passed really close to the cuernavaca airport and the radar didnt even detected him
LOL
That does not make it legal or safe.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
im only starting in that of fpv but the negs are that here almost no boady knows about fpv
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
not even trikes are counted as full aircraft here
Old May 03, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,803 Posts
Privacy/Safety concerns could be mitigated simply by making all airspace up to 1000ft private.

Your drone can't fly over my property and take pictures of me.
You can't stop me from flying my drone over my property.
If you are flying full scale aircraft below 1000ft over my property YOU have to get out of my way, and you are trespassing to boot....
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old May 03, 2012, 03:10 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Privacy/Safety concerns could be mitigated simply by making all airspace up to 1000ft private.

If you are flying full scale aircraft below 1000ft over my property YOU have to get out of my way, and you are trespassing to boot....
That sounds good to me. Maybe we should start by asking for 5000ft so we have room to negotiate.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old May 03, 2012, 03:12 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
That would never fly (pun intended :P), NAS starts where the air meets the ground, and the Govt wants it that way
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old May 03, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post

If you are worried about privacy it doesn't matter what height limitation you put on the drones. With camera technology you don't need to be over someone to get their picture. The drone could be 100 feet over the roadway and get excellent pictures looking into to the adjacent properties.

The fear of being spied on is just paranoia to those people that have something to hide.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 03, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
If you are worried about privacy it doesn't matter what height limitation you put on the drones. With camera technology you don't need to be over someone to get their picture. The drone could be 100 feet over the roadway and get excellent pictures looking into to the adjacent properties.

The fear of being spied on is just paranoia to those people that have something to hide.
I have to disagree, I am a strong believer in shrinking the government and protecting privacy, and I am anti-government ran drones. I am not worried however about FPV planes as they are not usually equipped with cameras capable of zooming in to read the writing on a penny...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I have to disagree, I am a strong believer in shrinking the government and protecting privacy, and I am anti-government ran drones. I am not worried however about FPV planes as they are not usually equipped with cameras capable of zooming in to read the writing on a penny...
The sad part about technology is that there are always two sides. It can be used to make advancements for the good or cause harm.

Cameras and UAV's will be used by government agencies for search & rescue missions or to investigate places that are too dangerous for people. Unfortunately the same technology will be used against people.

I have resigned myself to the fact that if people want to have access to technology for fun or good things then they will have to put up with someone using for the bad things. You can't have one without the other. So why should I worry about something I have no control over..
Old May 03, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
Quote:
The sad part about technology is that there are always two sides. It can be used to make advancements for the good or cause harm.

Cameras and UAV's will be used by government agencies for search & rescue missions or to investigate places that are too dangerous for people. Unfortunately the same technology will be used against people.

I have resigned myself to the fact that if people want to have access to technology for fun or good things then they will have to put up with someone using for the bad things. You can't have one without the other. So why should I worry about something I have no control over..
That is reality I have had people I know call me things because I fly a 'drone', at least it is in their eyes, heck just yesterday I have the gas station attendant ask me how many terrorists I caught today, and I have had people walk up to me yelling about how I was invading their privacy as they where walking down the street...

But I also live in Humboldt county, a place where most people are quite against authority and prying eyes .
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
That is reality I have had people I know call me things because I fly a 'drone', at least it is in their eyes, heck just yesterday I have the gas station attendant ask me how many terrorists I caught today, and I have had people walk up to me yelling about how I was invading their privacy as they where walking down the street...

But I also live in Humboldt county, a place where most people are quite against authority and prying eyes .
It is sad that having fun with your hobby would draw fear and criticism. My definition of their actions to you would be "paranoia".

I would like to see a smaller and efficient government that would not regulate everything I do. I just don't think it is possible considering what is going on in the world around us.
Old May 03, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
Quote:
It is sad that having fun with your hobby would draw fear and criticism. My definition of their actions to you would be "paranoia".

I would like to see a smaller and efficient government that would not regulate everything I do. I just don't think it is possible considering what is going on in the world around us.
Don't get me wrong, I get more people thinking its cool then the other way around.

I don't care what anyone including my government has to say about it, I do it for fun, and will continue to do so. If I want to fly 10,000 feet up or 5 miles out I will do so, though I will do so as safely as possible at the same time .
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 08:06 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
shhhhhhh
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson