New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2015, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by Scott594
"Experimental"
United States, NY, Elbridge
Joined Feb 2013
324 Posts
Discussion
HK Customer Service - Why so poor? (not a rant) - RESOLVED!

Sorry for the long post. It is as brief as I could say what I needed to.

I've dealt with HK for quite a while now, and they've improved a lot.

Well, most of them.
The website is great. Selection has improved a lot, as has the availability of the products, mostly as a result of the additional warehouses they've opened. The Eastern has made the purchase of planes practical for me, as previously shipping would often far exceed the cost of the plane.

Customer Service is the same. They've added additional ways to make contact, but when you do, it's still the same old story. uninformed but probably well meaning representatives with canned answers that do little to help.

Fortunately, I don't often have to contact them, but I really dread it when I do. If you've been there, you understand, I'd expect. It's a slow, frustrating and more or less futile process.

The last 2 times I contacted them are below:

On April 19 I tried to place an order. I didn't log the chat, but here's the story.
I had a sizable order – about $400 worth of stuff, mostly stuff I'd bought before.
When I checkout, it tells me t”there are no shipping methods available for shipping that order to your country.” Mind you I'm shipping from the eastern warehouse in Arkansas to Central New York.
The order had a fair number of lipos, a lot of wiring devices, cable sheathing, a small foamy, and a dozen Zinc AA cells for my camera.

I chatted in, and after an hour or so, was told all the usual obvious stuff. Finally I asked the rep, “can you look at the order and tell me exactly WHAT item is the issue. (it's 25-30 line items). The rep tells me ”we can't see customers orders”. I was left with NO answer, and a rep that really didn't seemed concerned HK was about to lose a $400 order because of a computer glitch. I gave up.
I went back to the order and started deleting it, one item at a time. Turns out the AA Ni-Zn batteries were counting as 14000mah EACH toward the lipo mah count. (there's a max MAH they can ship in 1 box) anyway I finally placed the order, but without my camera batteries.

That was April 19, 17 days ago. The order posted as 'paid, pending' immediately, everything in stock.
It's been like that since. I've been patient. So today I swallowed hard and chatted in. Transcript below.

I'm convinced they've got “platitude” buttons on their terminals with canned messages and 90% on the responses are produced as such. They may or may not be able to view customer orders, and I've never received a real answer from them. I think they are taking a cue from our politicians on “how NOT to answer a question while boring your adversary to sleep”

Here's what I do not understand. If I owned HK, I'd figure with 3 obviously busy warehouses in the United States, we could probably train, pay, and outfit a few US citizens that work at them to provide GOOD customer service. It won't cut into the profits much, it, in fact will probably INCREASE them.

The only real complaint anyone has about HobbyKing is the poor Customer Service. If that were resolved, many people would buy from them that will not because of the bad reputation. Occasionally someone will complain about “poor quality”, it's my opinion that may have once been an issue, but vendors are now held to a higher standard by us. Yes, If someone here on RCG gets a bad product from anyone, it's public knowledge in minutes, thanks to our group. In any case, if you could expect to have a defective product dealt with by a informed, helpful customer service (Tower Hobby comes to mind), they wouldn't be so hesitant to purchase from HobbyKing.

I hope HobbyKing is listening.
Holding an in stock order for 17Days with out an e-mail or call explaining why is inexcusable. They then make it worse, as even when I contact HK, I STILL do not have an answer.
That's NOT the way to run a multinational company!

HK is getting a bad reputation as a result. My credit card company refuses to pay them because of complaints. See my post on THAT story. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2405236

Chat with HK on 5/5/15
Eugene07:19:08
Welcome to HobbyKing! This is Eugene, how can I help you today?
Scott 07:20:03
I've had an order listed as paid, all items in stock since April 19. Why has it not shipped, and when will it ship?
Eugene07:20:55
Hi, Scott! I'll be more than willing to assist you. Response may take a while, but rest assured that your concern will be assisted. Please stay on the chat.
Scott 07:21:26
Eugene07:29:27
I'm currently checking your order and it's in "Printed" status. We sincerely apologize if your order has not been shipped yet. Due to a high volume of orders that we are receiving, some orders are getting delayed in processing.

I'll be more than willing to make a follow up to our US east warehouse for them to double check the shipment of your order.
Scott 07:31:02
Thanks, I appreciate it. If you find the order is being held for a particular item, please let me know so I can decide if I want to remove that item, Some of the stuff is for resale, and I've got customers waiting.
07:31:06
Scott
07:33:27
You might want to let them know, the entry page to the chat states "order volume is low". You might want to fix that.
Eugene07:34:51
Oh, sure, Scott. We really appreciate your understanding and cooperation for this matter, Sir. It's my pleasure to assist you. Is there anything else I may help you with?
Scott 7:35:26
No, that's all for now. Thanks Eugene
Eugene07:36:33
For self help on your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking "24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.

I hope I was able to address your concern to your satisfaction. You're welcome! Have a great day!

Did that leaving you feeling you've just been "handled"?
It did to me.
I really hate the old "we'll check on it and get right back to you"

What really bugs me is I have a friend who has (all since April 19) placed an order with HK, and received it. Twice. He's a brand new customer (possibly because of me), and I'm a Platinum member or whatever it is and have spent thousands.
I'm growing weary of defending HK, and darned close to giving up. Maybe the naysayers have a point?

(OK - maybe there's a little rant in it? Sorry)
Scott594 is offline Find More Posts by Scott594
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Scott594; May 06, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2015, 07:57 AM
"Experimental"
Joined Feb 2013
324 Posts
Update:

This has been added to my order page under "status":

PHCS_Eugenely - 5/05/2015 19:28 :
Delayed Order
Checking with Order Processing Officer
via chat

Maybe they are doing something??

Sure hope so. Never should have gon this far.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2015, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
395 Posts
HK is aware of the fact that their CS could use improvement and to that end they opened a US CS/PS office in NY:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842

Typical experiences with the US staff are greatly improved. Try us out.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old May 05, 2015, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
HK is aware of the fact that their CS could use improvement and to that end they opened a US CS/PS office in NY:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842

Typical experiences with the US staff are greatly improved. Try us out.

Rob

HK CS NY
Which is closed.

US Customers, our phone support is temporarily unavailable from February 25 until further notice. Update will be posted soon.

For inquiries, please check out our FAQ page.

You may also send us an email by logging in to your account, click Contact Us, then click Customer Support Center.

Our Live Chat support is also available 24/7.

Thank you for your continuous support!

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 8 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request
http://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-u...ly-Unavailable
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old May 05, 2015, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
875 Posts
See my post above. I've been an HK customer for quite a while, but due to problems with my and my friends orders lately, I'll shop elsewhere.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407484
Old May 05, 2015, 08:13 PM
Joined Dec 2013
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
Which is closed.
Huh? See the post I linked...
Site Sponsor
Old May 05, 2015, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
875 Posts
Quote:
Huh? See the post I linked...
I did and it's 79 pages of more of the same.
I would like to know how your chat cs guys can't understand that this glider
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=73966
won't fit in an 8"X6"X3" box, which I sent a photo of with a ruler. They insisted I open the box and only three small items I ordered, SURPRISE!!! no glider. The RMA process is poorly designed. There is no option for item not received, so now the ticket says awaiting return of item, which I clearly stated in the comments that the glider was not received. order number 20011460815
If you can get this fixed Rob, then a little confidence in your cs will be restored.
Old May 06, 2015, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
875 Posts
Confidence restored, thanks Rob, it appears the unsent glider will be on its way soon.
Old May 06, 2015, 09:30 AM
Joined Dec 2013
395 Posts
Quote:
Confidence restored, thanks Rob, it appears the unsent glider will be on its way soon.
I can't take credit for this one! CS was on top of it just as I was looking into it for you. So even the overseas CS is getting better. It's a mystery as to why the order was sent without the DLG though... I'll try to get to the bottom of that so hopefully it won't happen again.

Rob

HK CSNY
Site Sponsor
Old May 06, 2015, 09:31 AM
Joined Dec 2013
395 Posts
Quote:
The RMA process is poorly designed.
We agree and that will be changing soon...

Rob

HK CS NY
Site Sponsor
Old May 06, 2015, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
875 Posts
Quote:
I can't take credit for this one! CS was on top of it just as I was looking into it for you. So even the overseas CS is getting better. It's a mystery as to why the order was sent without the DLG though... I'll try to get to the bottom of that so hopefully it won't happen again.

Rob

HK CSNY
BTW, this was from the Arkansas warehouse.
Old May 06, 2015, 01:09 PM
"Experimental"
Joined Feb 2013
324 Posts
OK, HobbyKingCSNY,

What do I have to do to contact you, is there a CS phone or do place my request for help here?
My order and my $395 have now been in limbo for 18days, and I have irate customers that are unhappy with me because I depended upon you as a supplier.

(still haven't heardback from "Eugene")

Edit:
I just sent a link to this thread along with my order number to the HobbyKingCSCNY PM mailbox.

It's up to HKCSNY now. Please impress me, I sincerely get no satisfaction in complaining about HobbyKing's service - I, in fact am a HobbyKing fan, and would like to see them prosper. I also truly hope this is the last time this will happen.

PLEASE HELP!

PS forget the order with the profile plane, RedWing has one on the way. Our summers are short here in NY.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Scott594; May 06, 2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old May 06, 2015, 02:21 PM
"Experimental"
Joined Feb 2013
324 Posts
16 minutes!

Is how long it took Rob to fix the problem. In 16 minutes I had PM explaining that I had 2 items on my order that were out of stock. He deleted them, credited my account and the order is being passed on to the shipping dept.

Now if HK can clone Rob, his can do attitude, and pleasant disposition, they'll be all set!

WELL DONE ROB, and thank you!

NOW THAT"S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2015, 11:13 PM
Joined Dec 2013
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott594 View Post
16 minutes!

Is how long it took Rob to fix the problem. In 16 minutes I had PM explaining that I had 2 items on my order that were out of stock. He deleted them, credited my account and the order is being passed on to the shipping dept.

Now if HK can clone Rob, his can do attitude, and pleasant disposition, they'll be all set!

WELL DONE ROB, and thank you!

NOW THAT"S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
For the win!!! Ha ha. It's my pleasure, glad I could help.

Rob

HK CS NY
Site Sponsor
Old May 08, 2015, 09:36 PM
"Experimental"
Joined Feb 2013
324 Posts
Sad to say, friday night 5/8

2 days hence, my order still hangs there, not moving.

Ordered from Aeroworks this AM, order was on truck with tracking number, and delivery date listed by 3pm.

It seems everybody else can do it, why not "The King"?

Back to Rob's PM line....
RCG Plus Member