SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 27, 2015, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by voodoodb
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Dec 2005
46 Posts
Discussion
Charger

Need some help. I am just getting into larger electrics and have outgrown my present charger, a Hobbyking Quattro. I love being able to charge 4 packs at once, and also being able to charge different type packs at the same time. My problem is, now I am running 5s and 6s systems in 5000 and 6000 mah packs in series to get 10s and 12s. So I need a charger that can charge these size packs at the proper mah. The Quattro only goes to 2500mah charging with 2 packs at a time. Have been looking at the Turnigy Reaktor 2 and also the icharger dual 308. Anyone got any better thoughts? Does anyone make a 3 or 4 port charger to charge these high amp packs?
voodoodb is offline Find More Posts by voodoodb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by CreepyCrawl
Obsessed with the details.
United States, NH
Joined Apr 2013
154 Posts
Along with the iCharger and Reaktor, Powerlab chargers are typically suggested when this type of question arises.

http://www.revolectrix.com/cat.chargers.htm

I've been researching a new set up as well but with so much quality gear available, I'm having a tough time nailing down what I want.
CreepyCrawl is offline Find More Posts by CreepyCrawl
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by vollrathd
Joined Jan 2007
1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
Along with the iCharger and Reaktor, Powerlab chargers are typically suggested when this type of question arises.

http://www.revolectrix.com/cat.chargers.htm

I've been researching a new set up as well but with so much quality gear available, I'm having a tough time nailing down what I want.
I've got a pair of Cellpro PL8's. They are capable of charging at 1400 watts. I'm using mine to charge a 6S4P A123's at 30 Amps. One of those PL8's don't even get warm at this 30 Amp level.
vollrathd is offline Find More Posts by vollrathd
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by Ohmic
USA
Joined Jan 2002
5,046 Posts
When it comes to quality, performance, customer service, and reliability, nothing else comes close to the PowerLabs.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic