New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2015, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by bmilleker
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper View Post
The props should not be an issue if they are balanced; maybe try a different PIDC.
I tried a couple last night. Luxfloat and Multiwii hybrid. Same issues after a small tuning on each.

I am going to monitor accelerometer vibrations in the GUI. And probably soft mount the FC using foam tape. I am running out of ideas.
bmilleker is online now Find More Posts by bmilleker
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2015, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,710 Posts
Shot down by aliens? (CRASH)

Major crash with my Flip FPV pro/Vector FC..

lots of damage

sad panda

FPV 04.05.2015 • Oops! Something happened... (CRASH) (2 min 30 sec)
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old May 07, 2015, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
19,013 Posts
Sorry to see that happen. To me it looks like you lost a motor/esc/prop in flight...lilikely the front right one. The frame rolled into the dead motor and went into the death flip towards the front right arm. What props were you using?
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
Old May 07, 2015, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Sorry to see that happen. To me it looks like you lost a motor/esc/prop in flight...lilikely the front right one. The frame rolled into the dead motor and went into the death flip towards the front right arm. What props were you using?
Yeah I'm leaning towards ESC failure or prop (but all the props are broken from the crash).

Those are HQ Prop 10x 4.7
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old May 07, 2015, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
19,013 Posts
Maybe just the motor stopped then. If you only threw a blade I'd expect a lot of vibrations. Since the prop was still on I'd rule out a lost prop...so either the motor or esc. Of course, it could be something else (like FC gone whacko).
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
Old May 08, 2015, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by Genivos
Netherlands, UT, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2013
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Gordon View Post
Yeah I'm leaning towards ESC failure or prop (but all the props are broken from the crash).

Those are HQ Prop 10x 4.7
Sorry about your loss man... sad to see that it went wrong.

Looks like an ESC failure to me. Not so long ago I had the same issue. Couple times crashed like this. Couldn't figure out. Until there was only one thing left. I changed the ESCs and no problem since. First I was looking in my pixhawk but after multiple crashes, analysis and contact with 3dr that option was excluded. As well as props and engines.

Not sure about the logging of the Vector, does it have good logging?

One other thing, if you don't mind me saying, I find you flying on a bit risky spots with roads and cars and parking lots. But that's just me. I wouldn't do that personally.
Genivos is online now Find More Posts by Genivos
Old May 19, 2015, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
531 Posts
For those using gimbals:
What is the minimum propeller to gimbal clearance one should have?
I'm using HQ 9x4.3 props (they seem more like 9.5 inches diameter) and the clearance between GoPro and prop tip is only around 15mm. I'm concerned that prop wash will show up as vibrations in the gimbal footage.

B.t.w. I saw the XL arms, but they're way too XL.
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl