Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
13,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Buzz: That was long ago but when I hooked it up to the computer it said I was in + "plus" mode and I never changed it, just really weird. I switched the quad back to X mode as it was fine. Spontaneous "plus" mode didn't give me much confidence in the Naza, but there was a firmware update soon after and it never did it again.
I had to chuckle when I saw your quad "flying". lol It reminded me of the Gaui 300 doing the same thing until I tracked down the problem. On the 300 there's a "screw" on the FC. You have to have it exactly in the "sweet spot" before the gyro wakes up. There is also a + and X mode switch. I tried it and the quad went insane.
Then, I realized that you have to move the FC so it points in the direction you want to fly. I went back to X mode and left it there.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by glmccready
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,781 Posts
I agree re Tarot. I have one, they are cheap and pretty reliable. Not quite as good as my buddies Zenmuse but it was $150 when the DJI was $600.
Get one of those velcro straps ($3) to hold your camera while you are at it. Can extend your gear with chopsticks or aluminum knitting needles for cheap too.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gopro-3-c...hotograph.html
My removable mount vid:
Tarot Brushless Gimbal removable mount (3 min 52 sec)
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Last edited by glmccready; Yesterday at 10:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by GekkeHenk
Joined Apr 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeur View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for a gimbal for a DJI 1.1.1. I did some searches but it's a bit confusing. Hopefully something decent for <$150.

Thanks,
Hugh
I was looking for a cheap gimbal too. I first considered a Tarot T-2D but that doesn't fit with my SJ4000.

Does anyone know another good cheap gimbal that is able to handle a SJ4000?
GekkeHenk is offline Find More Posts by GekkeHenk
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by john339
Clyde, Ca. USA
Clyde, Ca. USA
Joined May 2007
2,385 Posts
Possibly one is here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1614657...lpid=82&chn=ps
john339 is offline Find More Posts by john339
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by georgeccw
Joined May 2010
17 Posts
I want to get a P3 Adv! But I search eveywhere, all out of stock.

Today I check RC711, they have immediate stock, so I just ordered one. Waiting for shipment

https://www.facebook.com/rc711/photo...type=1&theater
georgeccw is offline Find More Posts by georgeccw
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by glmccready
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,781 Posts
I think the best feature of the Phantom 3 is the built in Light Bridge.....FPV at 720p. That sounds like fun to me!
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready