HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:52 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,921 Posts
Discussion
Electric Event at Chino, CA/PVMA event this summer???

Is there some sort of electric rally at the chino field (south of chino airport in California) this summer, with sam wright as the announcer? Haven't been able to find any info, just heard about it somewhere.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:17 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,196 Posts
Define "South of the airport", please. Do you mean on the airport property or south of the fence line?

The reason I ask is that there is a lot of development going on, the dairies leaving, etc.

Progress? Bunk.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Apr 05, 2007, 02:18 AM
Corona, Ca.
Joined Apr 2007
207 Posts
I live 10-15 minutes away from this flying field. I drove down there a few weeks ago but there was a closed gate on the road leading up to it (with no signs saying anything about a flying field). So I looked it up on Google maps the other day (ariel view) and it is there. Looks like it may still be under construction? Looks like it is going to be nice though.

Can't seem to find any links or anything on this field. Anyone else know anything about it?
Thanks.
johnnymaxxima is offline Find More Posts by johnnymaxxima
Old Apr 05, 2007, 02:32 AM
Corona, Ca.
Joined Apr 2007
207 Posts
Here is a link to the Google map of the flying field.
Old Apr 06, 2007, 09:03 AM
Flyer of R/C Planes
USA, CA, Covina
Joined Dec 2004
505 Posts
I believe this is their website: http://www.pvmac.com/ .
Mini Buzzard is offline Find More Posts by Mini Buzzard
Old Apr 07, 2007, 03:05 AM
Corona, Ca.
Joined Apr 2007
207 Posts
Ok, that was easy. Wonder why google didn't pick that up? Thanks Mini. Have you been there?
Old Apr 07, 2007, 09:02 AM
Flyer of R/C Planes
USA, CA, Covina
Joined Dec 2004
505 Posts
Went there for the Flying Giants big 3D extravaganza about 2 years ago. Beautiful facility and the first time I saw the giant scale planes. I have not heard anything about an electric event there. I think they fly gas there. If they held an electric event I would be into it.
Mini Buzzard is offline Find More Posts by Mini Buzzard