HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:11 PM
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
925 Posts
Anyone run into lack of stops and/or sockets too deep in the wings for the CF joiner spars? Both my spars could easily go into either wing ~2" further than they should. I got around this by marking the center of each spar with a Sharpie, then CA'ing them into one panel so they stay centered. Manual says to just slide everything together. Not a big deal but didn't see anyone else mention this. Maybe I'm the only one

Thanks, John
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
That combo matched with a 12-blade fan is impressive. Yes, the 4074-1700kv is an inrunner, but it provides gobs of power.
it comes in short shaft and long shaft , wich is correct ?
and thanks for the help
airboss/oc is online now Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:27 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Throws

Is everyone using the recommended throws of 10mm? I will maiden mine this weekend and want to check with others.
vincwis is offline Find More Posts by vincwis
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:03 PM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
and thanks for the help
I put the long one in the forward sockets, the short one in the aft sockets. As I mentioned, both sets of sockets are too deep by a couple inches (or I have shorter than intended CF spars. I'm following up with Motion and will report back what they say

John
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:06 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
26,963 Posts
He means the inrunner motor eh
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:39 PM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
He means the inrunner motor eh
Duh me, sorry
Old Dec 09, 2013, 11:09 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
26,963 Posts
Well you gotta love anyone who likes Stimpy!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:02 AM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Well you gotta love anyone who likes Stimpy!
It's that darn history eraser button; the candy-like cherry button.... I just couldn't resist
Old Dec 10, 2013, 01:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Farnborough
Joined Sep 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincwis View Post
Is everyone using the recommended throws of 10mm? I will maiden mine this weekend and want to check with others.
In my video mine is flying on 60% rates on all surfaces with 30% expo on a spektrum Dx9 radio so that's +30% expo and not minus! As with futaba I believe.and flaps I have 50% for half and 100% for full.
obviously you want mid rates and high rates set aswell just incase this setup is not enough throw for you,but I like to use this as a standard for maidens across all my planes,I think plane setup is a very personal thing as everyone's flying style I'd different and what's right for one could mean disaster for another.
these rates made my stinger very controllable without being too twitchy.
Reasty is offline Find More Posts by Reasty
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:44 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
and thanks for the help
I don't know, sorry.

Looks like Motion got it up on their site as an "option" motor. A little more $$ though. Probably newer since it is blue instead of the gold one I previously posted (which was on Ebay).

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-407...nrunner-motor/

They also put a 12-blade replacement set on there. I didn't know the blades were individual?

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-90m...fan-blade-set/

tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 64mm F-22 Raptor
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined May 2007
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
I don't know, sorry.

Looks like Motion got it up on their site as an "option" motor. A little more $$ though. Probably newer since it is blue instead of the gold one I previously posted (which was on Ebay).

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-407...nrunner-motor/

They also put a 12-blade replacement set on there. I didn't know the blades were individual?

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-90m...fan-blade-set/

thanks , I found out about the fan when I purchased a spare, it showed up with all the blades loose in the box and looked as if it was broken.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jan 2012
226 Posts
A few flaps questions for you.

Guys...you are virtually looking at a happy camper. My Stinger 90 is finally all buttoned up w/ control surfaces set.

There's one exception.. The flaps at full up do not align with the rest of the wing. The flaps when disconnected from their control arms do not fit flush with the rest of the wing. To make them fit,flush, I'd have to cut a bit back on the joint between flap and wing. It's like the plane will be flying with maybe 5% flaps unless I make that modification. Anybody else seeing this?

2nd flap question...for you guys actually flying this plane. Are you mixing in down elevator with flap deployment? I've got mine set at this point as 1st position..17% down elevator...full flaps...22% down elevator. I've got 3 seconds on the down and 1 second on the up. The directional difference in speed is a Dx18 function.
HotChaCha is online now Find More Posts by HotChaCha
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2013, 06:20 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
763 Posts
I have had a similar experience with your first flap question, mine too would not articulate all the way "up" and the servos would just buzz trying to push to up position. I simply removed the the servo arm and kept working it up and down, with more force to the up position. Eventually I worked the foam to compress just enough to line up aileron/trailing edge, it didn't take much. I also had to shorten to flap linkage by a half turn to get it just right. I can't help on the second question though I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck.
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Dec 10, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined May 2007
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomroyj View Post
Anyone run into lack of stops and/or sockets too deep in the wings for the CF joiner spars? Both my spars could easily go into either wing ~2" further than they should. I got around this by marking the center of each spar with a Sharpie, then CA'ing them into one panel so they stay centered. Manual says to just slide everything together. Not a big deal but didn't see anyone else mention this. Maybe I'm the only one

Thanks, John
I wraped a single layer of teflon tape to the center of each tube and it locked the rod in center. if you have offset it may make one wing heavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChaCha View Post
Guys...you are virtually looking at a happy camper. My Stinger 90 is finally all buttoned up w/ control surfaces set.

There's one exception.. The flaps at full up do not align with the rest of the wing. The flaps when disconnected from their control arms do not fit flush with the rest of the wing. To make them fit,flush, I'd have to cut a bit back on the joint between flap and wing. It's like the plane will be flying with maybe 5% flaps unless I make that modification. Anybody else seeing this?

2nd flap question...for you guys actually flying this plane. Are you mixing in down elevator with flap deployment? I've got mine set at this point as 1st position..17% down elevator...full flaps...22% down elevator. I've got 3 seconds on the down and 1 second on the up. The directional difference in speed is a Dx18 function.
i ran a #11 xacto along the top wing skin and trimmed about 2mm to allow flap to center on wing

absolutely 0.0deg elevator needed for flap
Old Dec 10, 2013, 06:47 PM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChaCha View Post

Had the first issue exactly as you described. I trimmed 1/16" off the flap where it meets the wing. Now they fully retract and are flush w/o servo buzz. Haven't flown yet but I'm sure it will be fine

John