HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:00 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,903 Posts
Nice....can i just send you my fuse and heli and have you build it:-) I still haven't even taken it out of the box.
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:31 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,334 Posts
gromitvt10:

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my building but once the true cost of time to build something like this comes to the forefront, the customers usually beat a hasty retreat for the door, lol. It is not uncommon for a custom build to run into the 35 to 60 thousand range with build times taking a year or so. I know one local customer does have 40 thousand into his recent build and I am not sure he has it yet. I think he has been waiting more than two years for it and it is a turbine build.

I did get at the missing adjustment plate from the broken weapon's boom as the weather was not co-operating today. Too cold and too windy once again. Saturday and Sunday seem to be the days to fly this week, anyway. The large photo of the side shows the roughed in new exhaust outlet in place. It will not be detailed like the original which will be installed in the new body. Once it is painted, it will start to look like its old self again. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Apr 18, 2014, 04:25 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,334 Posts
I had pulled the entire interior out at one point in time but slowly I added parts back in that I figured out would not work in the new cockpit. Earlier today, another of those parts turned out to be the bench and circuit breaker panel. At that point, the seats also became unusable in the new cockpit, too. Ok, next item, I had one extra figure left over from the original build and no place to put him. Now there is. I also painted the exhaust and landing gear and installed them too. This now looks pretty good but still not as good as it did at Helicopter Scale Masters but an honest second place to it. I need to conserve the screws until I get the new body ready for them and at that point, I will find out how many extra I have. This will be a hard item to let go when the time comes as I have had so much fun building, rebuilding, and reconfiguring it. Once again, a really happy camper.

Don

PS: After flying it for so long with pilots onboard, it looked naked and too much like just another RC model up in the air .
Last edited by Keyrigger; Apr 18, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 06:21 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Don

Fantastic!! Lovely detail on the gun
justy g is online now Find More Posts by justy g
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:07 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,334 Posts
Thanks. That is a kit but it does not have any provision for mounting onboard helicopters which is one of the more common places for them. The tripod is kind of a waste (thrown out) and the one thing that is needed for any installation, the empty shell chute, is not included and needed to be scratch built. This was a fun little side project, that's for sure. Take care.

Don
Old Apr 19, 2014, 03:35 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
210 Posts
Don,you need gun permit
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Apr 19, 2014, 05:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
don,you need gun permit
lol..
justy g is online now Find More Posts by justy g
Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:17 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,334 Posts
The way our civil servants work here, I wouldn't put it past them.

Don