HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,219 Posts
thanks for input,,,the quality for most of these videos is pretty good ,,,so u guys would know what works the best
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I use a Panasonic TA-1 and a hatcams.com hat!
just go ogled ta 1,,,,how does it work or attach to hat just googled hat cam i see how it works ..thanks again
Last edited by dalecheek1; Dec 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
just go ogled ta 1,,,,how does it work or attach to hat just googled hat cam i see how it works ..thanks again
Go to hatcams.com. You can buy a hat that has a standard tripod mount built into it. Then you just screw the camera down onto it. You can build your own too if you want. I don't know what size the bolt is but it's a standard size.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Go to hatcams.com. You can buy a hat that has a standard tripod mount built into it. Then you just screw the camera down onto it. You can build your own too if you want. I don't know what size the bolt is but it's a standard size.
thanks again.......i googled both items ....just what i have been looking for......ta had good reviews and easy to use plus not a lot of money...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:31 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:
thanks again.......i googled both items ....just what i have been looking for......ta had good reviews and easy to use plus not a lot of money...
The TA-1 is an awesome value. It shoots full 1080P and it's been just about perfect for this purpose.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,147 Posts
You could make a hat just like that for much less. That is how I used to do my video with a small HP camera that had recording capability, I just attached it to the hat, only thing is you had to remember the exact position of wearing the hat to make sure it was capturing what you wanted. Just a thought.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,219 Posts
Quote:
The TA-1 is an awesome value. It shoots full 1080P and it's been just about perfect for this purpose.
just watched your vid again...........cannot tell it is pocket cam....vid is so smooth even though it on your head.........thought a friend was shooting vid from bigger cam, until u grabed plane thanks again.....i will UPS u some BOGANGLES chicken and tea...........
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,426 Posts
Torye dropped in on his way to Boise.
Weather was still trash so I loaded him up with Santa Batts and clicked a few pics of his sleigh.
Loves his maxed-out throws and mentioned how whisper quiet the stock motor/APC prop is in flight.
Only takes slightly longer servo horns to create massive throws.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:47 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:
just watched your vid again...........cannot tell it is pocket cam....vid is so smooth even though it on your head.........thought a friend was shooting vid from bigger cam, until u grabed plane thanks again.....i will UPS u some BOGANGLES chicken and tea...........
LOL!!

All this Bojangles talk is making me hungry. Looks like I'll be making a stop on my way into work tomorrow morning!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Hey guys just a heads up Horizon Hobby has a nice selection of extra parts in stock and They're cheap! five dollars for a cowl, $20 for wings, seven dollars for a landing gear and wheel pants, five dollars for a hatch.etc..

I stocked up on a few extra things, before there out of stock. I checked their inventory on eBay and it says they only have 3 to 5 of each thing..so if you're thinking you might need some parts? Now would be a good time to grab them!
thanks for your information. In the past I bought spare parts for other planes but now all parts are in my box up to now - it's murphys law...but a way to avoid a model crash
Honestly, I never buy spare parts in stock but in case of crash my Edge (knocking on wood) I will not rebuild it. In my opinion it makes no sense to have payload (glue) and scratched view, spent money for spare parts....after impact I will sell my rests and buy a new one
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:54 AM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Torye dropped in on his way to Boise.
Weather was still trash so I loaded him up with Santa Batts and clicked a few pics of his sleigh.
Loves his maxed-out throws and mentioned how whisper quiet the stock motor/APC prop is in flight.
Only takes slightly longer servo horns to create massive throws.

rc
Rc, thanks for the pics....your tint canopy looks fine but what's about "Matt" ? Is he still in ?
Thanks also for the servo horns, it seems all is o.k with the push and pull direction.
I have to fly with the stock horns and 125% throw and after some flights I will decide what I do.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
849 Posts
Rc, did you cut your ailertons ?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:57 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Joined the 540QQ owners club yesterday when I went to get a new DX7S. Finally saw the little Edge in person and that kind of sealed the deal. I had been on the fence about it until I watched some of turnerm's videos on Youtube. Of course they were out of batteries and HH is backordered. Ordered some Geforce from Value Hobby and Nanos from HK. Trying to read through this thread before I start asking a bunch of stupid questions that have already been answered many times.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:11 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Joined the 540QQ owners club yesterday when I went to get a new DX7S. Finally saw the little Edge in person and that kind of sealed the deal. I had been on the fence about it until I watched some of turnerm's videos on Youtube. Of course they were out of batteries and HH is backordered. Ordered some Geforce from Value Hobby and Nanos from HK. Trying to read through this thread before I start asking a bunch of stupid questions that have already been answered many times.
Glad to see you got one! I think you'll love it!!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:46 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Rc, did you cut your ailertons ?
Good eye Count!

That's my brother's plane.
He is a Pharmaceutical Rep that lives on the road.
His EQQ travels with him at all times.
Aileron took a hard blow in transit so he trimmed them both to match.
He has random 'flying fields' located all over Idaho/Montana.
Also flies his Twisted Hobbies foamies in Hotel lobbies whenever possible.

rc

Matt is still in there.
Can't see him??
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member