HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:21 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,915 Posts
Plenty of room to fly foamies out front there.. Just rained a little here and was pretty windy most of the day,a bit to windy for backyard flying with the little foamie in a small area. I really need to get more grillin in this year.. been slacking big time on that,I will be making a trip to famous daves this week for some good restaurant bbq though(baby back ribs and pulled pork).
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:43 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
pulled pork.
Funny how us guys never get tired of that

Stamp/Jim,
We must be twins separated at birth after running the Rustler all day I did some grilling I grilled up some more bacon wrapped wild turkey today on my Chargriller

God Bless!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Jun 06, 2010, 06:53 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,915 Posts
Havent made kabobs lately.. that would rock to. Some grilled skirt steak chopped up for tacos with sour cream and fresh salsa would go good right about now,shredded chicken tacos would work to,made pork tacos not to long ago and some shredded steak tacos this week with fresh salsa. Have to pick up some more san marzano tomato puree for fresh pizzas and need to get some meat for the grill,probably get some grilling done during the week between setting up planes and trying to get some flying in. Hate to heat the house up with the oven but i picked up a pizza yesterday and have some left over .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:53 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
You are all just a bunch of Chatty Larry's.

Kyle, the 50 is looking so cool and stable. Didn't see the windsok this time.

Vic, Motors come and motors go, sounds like you had a lot of time on it, so it's not a biggie.

Jay, Sounds like ya had a good time with the Rustler, Hmmm what's next? Ohhh, that grilled turkey and bacon looks good.

Stamper Dude, Great video of the son, rockin' out with the Rustler.
Sure, you just had to torture us with, Nothing for us guys on the grilled yummie stuff. I'll remember that, may have Icepick sent your way.

Real / Bill, (I remembered this time)

Loved the MXS video, awesome pilot, and the landing was absolutely perfect.
On your 71 incher, you need at least of forward and rear cam. Think about on like JAY had, and mounted in the cockpit, that swiveled with a servo. That was just to cool.

KCinNC,

Welcome aboard and chime in anytime... Duct tape is everyones friend.

Me,

Way to windy for anything, even kites. Had left over tacos.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jun 06, 2010, 09:04 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,225 Posts
Stamp- What a game to watch. Those Blackhawks are really firing pucks tonite!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Jun 06, 2010, 09:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Srew the Blackhawks.

I'm gonna go sit on the front porch and watch cars go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk View Post
Stamp- What a game to watch. Those Blackhawks are really firing pucks tonite!

Jim
Old Jun 06, 2010, 09:32 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Royal Red Robin Burger and fires with campfire sauce for dinner... YUMMY.

9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:03 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,915 Posts
Dave,sounds like a plan... been doing the onboard thing for years but the 72'' mxs will be able to haul around larger cameras. Canopy is tinted from factory but will probally run cam in this video in it and the flip cam. Hobbypartz is out of stock on the keychain cams but im not in a hurry and have some cams but would be cool to have extra ones for more views and angles from the plane.

More food.. that cheeseburger looks good .

Ride Inside The Aj Slick 6-6-2009 (3 min 0 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:40 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Let us not forget the Fresh Chicken Sandwich, hold the Mayo.

Heading to bed, gonna have your basic grilled cheese sandwich. With a dill pickle on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
Royal Red Robin Burger and fires with campfire sauce for dinner... YUMMY.
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:50 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Real / Bill,

Noticed on the video a lot of prop reflection on the cam. More food for thought here. Two wing mounted cams, to balance it out of course. One forward, one aft. Use small wedges to get the camera angle the way you like it. Weight wouldn't be an issue on the plane at all. On the tinted windows, you could replace them with clear.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Dave,sounds like a plan... been doing the onboard thing for years but the 72'' mxs will be able to haul around larger cameras. Canopy is tinted from factory but will probally run cam in this video in it and the flip cam. Hobbypartz is out of stock on the keychain cams but im not in a hurry and have some cams but would be cool to have extra ones for more views and angles from the plane.

More food.. that cheeseburger looks good .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsfWFV846Tg
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:02 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Real / Bill,

Just had another idea. YIKES! Two cameras per wing. As mentioned, one forward, one aft. Then, two more, the other two would be mounted, for left and right view. Don't forget the belly cam either, pointed down..

That would be 5 and you'd be the first to accomplish that.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Real / Bill,

Noticed on the video a lot of prop reflection on the cam. More food for thought here. Two wing mounted cams, to balance it out of course. One forward, one aft. Use small wedges to get the camera angle the way you like it. Weight wouldn't be an issue on the plane at all. On the tinted windows, you could replace them with clear.

Dave
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:55 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys, I will make this small post then go back and read the tons of stuff youve been posting.

Today was a Black Day in Bedrock for me. I lost the 500 and the 400 came apart in flight due to what I have determined to be a broken blade link snapping allowing that blade to go wild and take out the boom. The parts were flying all over the sky. The 500 was on the first pack an I had been up for no more than a minute and was doing a type of funnel I call it and then lost control I thought. No matter what I did I couldn't get her into control as she was coming done fast and she hit very hard tail first. Everything related to the TT is done 100%, gone, finetto, toast. The main gear is gone too. But back to the crash, I always walk the crash site and look at everything before I touch the heli. As you can see in the photo, the front of the heli (old cano damage) is untouched. I found one of my battery leads unplugged! ! ! ! ! I will admit that "that" EC3 was not as tight as the rest of my packs so it is possible that was the culprit and not dumb thumbs from me. I do remember hitting TH and hearing the motor stop "I thought" but who knows. This will be a very expensive crash $$$.00.

The 400, only the electrics are left and the servos, esc, and gyro. All blades, frame, head parts, boom, struts, main gears, are toast and totally gone. I do have everything on the shelf in inventory to replace it so I will. But I will only get into the 400 after the 500 is done and back in the air and that will be a deep reach into the wallet. I guess the only salavation here is that it was not a 700E that came down, should I get one in the near future I would have to take a home load to pay for parts.
Oh I almost forgot. I was buddy-boxing with a friend and noob and we lost his little Cub. Some CA and she will be fine but its the idea of three down RC's yesterday. It has been a over year since we had a black day like this.

My buddy was at the Maryland Fun Fly and got these videos. I thought you might enjoy.

MHA 450 Helicopter Challenge (2 min 29 sec)

MHA 450 Helicopter Challenge (1 min 21 sec)

MHA 450 Helicopter Challenge (0 min 22 sec)

MHA 450 Helicopter Challenge (0 min 40 sec)

MHA Fun Fly 450 Helicopter Challenge (0 min 27 sec)

MHA Fun Fly 450 Helicopter Challenge (0 min 20 sec)

MHA Fun Fly 450 Helicopter Challenge (1 min 4 sec)

Later JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:20 PM
Oops!
United States, CO, Florence
Joined Apr 2010
374 Posts
How was your'e flight today?

I tried this thread on micro helis but whatever. I would really like to know. Could be fun. Starting a thread here. My day was and is awesome! 36 flights on my msr and don't need any parts!
beevous80002 is offline Find More Posts by beevous80002
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:48 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
JPEE,

Man, sorry about your Black Monday. 3 up and 3 down. Top of the ninth.
Hard telling from the pictures of all the damage, and you may find more when you tear 'em down. Yeah, the 500 is gonna cost ya some bucks. I hear ya on the 700, you may rethink that for awhile.

I was snooping around yesterday and saw Glenn had posted the MHA 450 Challenge, pretty neat stuff. I see he's got his SDX up and running too. I saw where he got ripped for 40 bucks for a gallon of fuel. YIKES! Pretty pricey.

Take care,
Dave
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:56 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,225 Posts
Sports Talk Alert Dave!

Jay- Thought you might appreciate this commercial Nike did for the upcoming World Cup. I laughed my fool head off with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6...layer_embedded

Stamp/Jim - Wow is all I can say! Hope Game 6 doesn't turn out that bad for Philly

No flying for me, weather is not been cooperating.

JPEE- Great videos! Which leads me to some fun we could have. How about Dave designs an "obstacle course" like in the videos we would all replicate and then each of us could helmet "cam" it to share with the group for laughs. Sounds like it could be fun
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk