HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:16 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Well I have been waiting for three JST - (I can't remember) adapters that I ordered from Tower Hobbies because all the regular sources are out of JST pigtails and connectors. These three little 6 inch long wires came in a box big enough for a pair of shoes and they charged me $5.99 shipping and it took ten days! (Illinois to Maryland) These could have been put in an envelope and mailed for a lot less and been here a lot faster. The box had two big bags of air and flyers and catalog and invoice in it. I didn't even take any of the paper out of the box.

I used to order quite a bit of stuff from Tower but with this experience I will make them my last resort source.

Sudsy
I like epbuddy.com Fast and cheap http://www.epbuddy.com/
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
I like epbuddy.com Fast and cheap http://www.epbuddy.com/
WOW, Thanks. That's the best tip I have had in a while. They seem to have all the connectors in stock. And great prices.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Thanks !
Looks like all that settings are on default.

Yours is lighter than mine of like 1.18 lbs....mine is with lipo on it.
Yes, I haven't attempted adjusting self level yet, but I may give it a try this weekend.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:30 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,964 Posts
[QUOTE=tech69x;22973533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post

You are trying to get your esc's to arm yes
Yes sticks to neutral throttle down =0 plug in lipo instant constant rapid beeping

Now though the KK 2 is silent with a blank screen

Jeff
Upup is online now Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,268 Posts
Thanks guys for all the helpful info regarding the aux channel. Fred what you're saying makes complete sense and makes me understand why the readings are the way they are.

Wow, this is a crazy popular thread. Every time I click my rcgroups this is right back at the top. . It's a good thing as even though this board seems simple to most I feel like I'm on a different planet as I learn about quads. Not confused too much yet. Just so much information to take in. I am using bobepine's settings as my starting point. And going from there.

I got an mqx about a month ago and really enjoyed it. Then a walkera ladybird and fell in love. Now I'm absolutely hooked! Way too much fun.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:41 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Sounds weired Matt, if you switched over M1 and M2 connections at the KK2 end and then motor 2 now connected to M1 plug is playing up, it would indicate the KK2, you swapped that and still getting same issue, very strange.

I would disconnect everything then as Brontide suggested check each motor/ESC combination directly to throttle channel of the Rx.

Do the factory reset on the KK2's and reflash with nothing connected to them.

Reconnect everything making sure connected right and try again.

Did you check the ESC programming (not calibration) as I mentioned in my post to ensure they are all set the same.

Hi guys, and thanks again Del, I've unplugged each ESC one at a time from my board and individually tested them directly into the throttle channel. All initialise ok, so seems the ESC's are ok ish, but will need to programme them properly, to that end, I have ordered a Turnigy ESC programmer from a UK based eBay supplier. Thought I'd run the gamut of proper programming, and how anyone can programme these things by virtue of listening to bleep combinations rather amazes me!
It is baffling, 2 boards behaving excactly the same way must be something of a fluke!
So I still think the boards can't be suspect..Time will tell. I guess my hopes that I'd actually be flying it this week, are once again scuppered..

I can't get my head around the fact that if I transpose M1 and M2, the same (M2 motor) carries on working despite whatever ESC rx lead is plugged in..

I might just strip the ESC's off, and phsically swap the entire units over to see if that makes any difference, what do you think?

More delays, more frustration...maybe I'm not destined to fly multirotorrs, and am hazarding a guess that I'll be swamped with problems with my IFLY-4 when that gets here, lol.

Thanks again, and any more suggestions will be greatly accepted

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Hi guys, and thans again Del, I've unplugged each ESC one at a time from my board and individually tested them directly into the throttle channel. All initialise ok, so seems the ESC's are ok ish, but will need to programme them properly, to that end, I have ordered a Turnigy ESC programmer from a UK based eBay supplier. Thought I'd run the gamut of proper programming, and how anyone can programme these things by virtue of listening to bleep combinations rather amazes me!
It is baffling, 2 boards behaving excactly the same way must be something of a fluke!
So I still think the boards can't be suspect..Time will tell. I guess my hopes that I'd actually be flying it this week, are once again scuppered..

I can't get my head around the fact that if I transpose M1 and M2, the same (M2 motor) carries on working despite whatever ESC rx lead is plugged in..

I might just strip the ESC's off, and phsically swap the entire units over to see if that makes any difference, what do you think?

More delays, more frustration...maybe I'm not destined to fly multirotords, and am hazarding a guess that I'll be swamped with problems with my IFLY-4 when that gets here, lol.

Thanks again, and any more suggestions will be greatly accepted

Matt
I assume you have loaded the correct configuration for your setup. Default after flashing and factory reset is Quad +.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:52 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I assume you have loaded the correct configuration for your setup. Default after flashing and factory reset is Quad +.

I have done that Steve, thanks. Also recalibrated the sensors too, I wonder if there is much that can go wrong with my main frame wiring? Can't see that there can, it's a very simple circuit.
Just a little unclear about one thing, do I need to factory reset after every flash? Is that the correct order?

Matt
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Just a little unclear about one thing, do I need to factory reset after every flash? Is that the correct order?

Matt
No need to do a factory reset after each flash.

Have you checked that your motor directions are correct in Show Motor Layout and that your transmitter directions are correct in Receiver Test?
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:10 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,297 Posts
My First KK2 flight

Wow..

I like it. All I did was adjust stick scaling higher, and slightly lower PI values from stock. I need to do final PI tuning but I was very happy with how it performed in the gusting winds.

Nice work KK !!! Thank you for your hard work in this project.

collection of flights from last weekend

Dronewerx drone fun 1 (15 min 5 sec)

Dave
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,278 Posts
Vtail settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Yes, I haven't attempted adjusting self level yet, but I may give it a try this weekend.
I did played around with the Self level settings and the dampening that's it.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x boomtwist one project
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,278 Posts
Kk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post
Wow..

I like it. All I did was adjust stick scaling higher, and slightly lower PI values from stock. I need to do final PI tuning but I was very happy with how it performed in the gusting winds.

Nice work KK !!! Thank you for your hard work in this project.

collection of flights from last weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-fX...2&feature=plcp

Dave
Nice flying brother !....flying area is so wide open and you can't hit a thing !!!Nice job on your quad...
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x boomtwist one project
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:06 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
No need to do a factory reset after each flash.

Have you checked that your motor directions are correct in Show Motor Layout and that your transmitter directions are correct in Receiver Test?
Motor directions are correct, but will check transmitter directions in the morning, thanks again!

Matt
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Try setting I gain to 0.

Fred
Will try that too Fred, thanks
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
The firmware causes my quad to lose all movement control except throttle after i yaw... but it only happens SOMETIMES. So i was up kinda high and flying around... and all of a sudden i had no control. ended up crash landing, thankfully my landing skids took most of the impact.
i had this same issue also twice with firmware 1.2 with AL on
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies