HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2014, 02:10 PM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hi Nuts

I thing I will give them a try. the extra capacity is tempting.
The Nano Tech (20-50C) 6000mAh 6S are 908g
The Zippy 40C 5000mAh 6S are 895g so it is looking good I thing.

Hi All,

I made small progress over the last few days.
The canopy frame was glued to the skin on the fuse to get the correct shape.

I'm thinking about the sliding canopy.

The ESC is mounted to the firewall. There will be a direct duct to cool it from the propeller/fan.

Rudder is now covered in Solartex with MR rib tape. It is really easy to work with and I'm pleased with the results so far.

I had to change the work type so I started to paint the pilot. I really like the Bestpilots product. Sailor Malan is waiting for his turn too. During the week I may go to see the artist shop to get some oil paint and try some shadowing to get some more depth. Colors are not 100% accurate as I was working with what I had at home.

And to end up in TopGear style - I made a hole in the fuselage

That's it for now. Happy Easter
Vik_ is offline Find More Posts by Vik_
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2014, 04:19 AM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hi All,

Only a quick info:
based on the weights with counted batteries, color etc I shall be on the 12.5Kg range.
Which is tad more than I was hoping for.

The ecalc gives me 307W/Kg (139W/lb)

So what do you thing?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 07:39 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
139w/lb should fly the plane quite well in a scale like manner. Others will say you need more, but only if you want to do things the real plane couldn't or shouldn't
Nice work by the way, I've been watching without comment since the start. She is a beauty!
I had the supreme pleasure of seeing a real one fly this past summer. Never dreamed I'd ever see anything more than pictures. I was suitably impressed!! fwiw jmho Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:17 AM
low, left, & fast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
147 Posts
+1 on Doug's reply. The plane should be more than OK at that power/weight and it should have just a bit more power than scale. Perfect. Most of the time, more power equates to more weight anyway. Of course, keep it as light as you can. I'm interested in seeing what you actually end up with as I've been pondering getting this kit as well. I should just order it. It looks too nice!
nuts-n-volts is offline Find More Posts by nuts-n-volts
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:35 AM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
+1 on Doug's reply. The plane should be more than OK at that power/weight and it should have just a bit more power than scale. Perfect. Most of the time, more power equates to more weight anyway. Of course, keep it as light as you can. I'm interested in seeing what you actually end up with as I've been pondering getting this kit as well. I should just order it. It looks too nice!
Hallo Nuts,

If you can get one get it now. Sist (Stefan Siegmund) actually closed his company due to healt issues. I heard that the molds were sold, but so far no offer has been made for re-relasing the kit. Which is sad.
Old May 08, 2014, 02:01 PM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hallo All,

I decided to go on the end with the Nanotech. I hope I have chosen wisely

The gear doors are as on full scale from two parts. And in the kit from even more parts It is not really hard. It just takes me more time than expected.

So upper door:

Lower door:

as for battery placement I decided to make a battery box above the motor with access from the gun hood. This would be my next task I guess.
Old May 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
a tad bit off topic, but this is a cool guy

Helicopter Pilot Saves Kid's RC Plane (4 min 54 sec)
Old May 12, 2014, 10:20 AM
low, left, & fast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
147 Posts
Righteous!!
nuts-n-volts is offline Find More Posts by nuts-n-volts
Old May 23, 2014, 12:44 AM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hi All,

Small progress on the build side has been made.
The elevators are now covered and all control tabs epoxied on the place.
It looks like this:

The battery box is finished as well ready for gluing in to the place. I realized that the ESC position will have to be changed. The box will go partially above the motor and with be glued to the fuselage formers on the other side (gunhood) to spread the battery weight. It is not done 100% tight to allow some space in case of exchanging the batteries for different brand. I hope this will prevent lot of additional nose ballast.

And have a nice sunny weekend hopefully with fly-friendly weather
Old Jun 09, 2014, 02:20 AM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hi All,

After I got back from US I could continue on the battery box.
Now it is done and the batteries are really easy to exchange. It is connected to the internal structure of the fusalage to transfer the forces evenly.

Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:21 PM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
188 Posts
Hi All

Only a small motivation picture. Finally the wing mounting is done. First time on own legs.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:18 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
391 Posts
Very nice, indeed great motivation!
Ducky22 is offline Find More Posts by Ducky22