It really is an outrage
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Between February and June, a series of attacks took place, beginning with the desecration of 200 British and Commonwealth World War II-era graves in the city. They escalated to bomb attacks against the United Nations head of mission in April, the International Committee of the Red Cross office in May and the U.S. consulate in June.

Later that month, a rocket hit an armored jeep in a convoy carrying Dominic Asquith, the British ambassador to Libya, and injured two of his bodyguards. While the British and the Red Cross subsequently left the city, the U.S. stayed on.

Even after those attacks, the U.S. consulate remained less fortified than the abandoned British facility. While the U.S. building had barbed wire at the front, parts of its side and rear walls were unprotected.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...pin-blame.html
History shows us that when a country is attacked, whether in Europe, the middle east or Africa, an overwhelming military presence is required in order to protect the top officials of the invading countries. If we are going to attack and invade countries, overthrowing their leaders; leaving top officials there without such military presence, can only serve to endanger their lives.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
History shows us that when a country is attacked, whether in Europe, the middle east or Africa, an overwhelming military presence is required in order to protect the top officials of the invading countries. If we are going to attack and invade countries, overthrowing their leaders; leaving top officials there without such military presence, can only serve to endanger their lives.

Dusty
No question, and that isn't the point of the post.

The Executive Branch and the State Department have collectively urinated on our shoes and told us that it is raining outside.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
No question, and that isn't the point of the post.

The Executive Branch and the State Department have collectively urinated on our shoes and told us that it is raining outside.
At least President Obama hasn't told you ''they hate us for our freedoms,'' or that ''there is a strong desire for US 'leadership' in the middle east.''

That's not to excuse what he did or didn't do, just to put things into perspective.

Dusty
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Nope, but he stood up in front of the UN and mentioned that video as part of the reason the violence in Libya happened, and that is now being denied. His leadership responsibilities in Libya are confined to that embassy, and it is now becoming clear that he abrogated those responsibilities.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Sep 2010
152 Posts
I'm not sure how what Barrack Hussein did in Libya differs from what Bush did in Iraq.

There was no ground force invasion (that we know of) and both were there to "free people from tyranny".

Many will say that Bush did it for the oil but Obama did, too. Oil for France, that is, the country who gets an overwhelming majority of their oil from Libya.
Gooroo is online now Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Nope,...
Yes, it does put things into perspective. Not many politicians are honest, Ron Paul being a notable exception.

Dusty
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
There's a lot of 'hexperts' out here telling us what they'd have done differently!

I think (call it a hunch) that if the envoy really had felt threatened (as in unreasonably so...) he'd have been long out of there!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo View Post
I'm not sure how what Barrack Hussein did in Libya differs from what Bush did in Iraq.

There was no ground force invasion (that we know of) and both were there to "free people from tyranny".

Many will say that Bush did it for the oil but Obama did, too. Oil for France, that is, the country who gets an overwhelming majority of their oil from Libya.
If you really think W's fabricating a story of WMDs to convince the US Public that an All Out War in the air, land, and sea against Iraq was necessary in the pursuit of terroism is the same what Obama's Libya, you're in need of some serious history lessons.

PS....check back in after we've lost 4488 troops in Libya.

http://antiwar.com/casualties/
Casualties in Iraq

The Human Cost of Occupation

American Military Casualties in Iraq

Since war began (3/19/03): 4488
Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list) 4347
Since Handover (6/29/04): 3627
Since Obama Inauguration (1/20/09): 257
Since Operation New Dawn: 68
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:41 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
There's a lot of 'hexperts' out here telling us what they'd have done differently!

I think (call it a hunch) that if the envoy really had felt threatened (as in unreasonably so...) he'd have been long out of there!
Did you read the article? Have you been watching or reading the news?

It's been since 1979 since an US Ambassador has been killed. This is a very big deal.

Your hunches don't mean squat. And they differ completely with what is now understood to be factually what happened.

Be dismissive...it's what you do. Unless it does not suit you.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:

It's been since 1979 since an US Ambassador has been killed. This is a very big deal.

Your hunches don't mean squat. And they differ completely with what is now understood to be factually what happened.

You really seem not to have a clue about this!

It makes not one jot of difference when the last US Ambassador picked his nose - went golfing or got killed - what's your point - that Libya was 'a safe place'

My hunches don't mean squat - correct - neither do your claims of 'factually what happened' because none of us know that yet, so stop projecting - it's pointless nonsense!

Dismissive to B/S - well of course - why wouldn't I be dismissive to something I take issue with

Your posts continue to puzzle, but I enjoy em so keep trying
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:49 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:

Facts just bounce off of ET.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Facts just bounce off of ET.
B/S just sticks to some of us down here
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
You really seem not to have a clue about this!

It makes not one jot of difference when the last US Ambassador picked his nose - went golfing or got killed - what's your point - that Libya was 'a safe place'

My hunches don't mean squat - correct - neither do your claims of 'factually what happened' because none of us know that yet, so stop projecting - it's pointless nonsense!

Dismissive to B/S - well of course - why wouldn't I be dismissive to something I take issue with

Your posts continue to puzzle, but I enjoy em so keep trying
There have been clear accounts released by the state department aout what happened and when. They also said they disagree with the admoinistration on their story and never supported that version since no evidence supported it. There are also released information showing claims for increased security that were denied and infact the month before the attack security was reduced. It is also a fact that that Obama, Clinton and the UN secretary knowingly lied to the american people about this story.

Those are all known and published facts. You deciding to ignore them or not read them does not mean they don't exist.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:54 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
B/S just sticks to some of us down here
I wasn't going to accuse you of that. I tried to be nicer than to call out the obvious. If you want to claim it though who am I to stop you from describing yourself?