SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Assuming that the Ino Labs fit, the carbonite gears should take most crashes in such a small heli without stripping. It took a lawn dart that bent the mainshaft 45 degrees and broke the feathering shaft in half (both grips exited the helicopter and had to be searched for in the grass) to strip the HG-D260's and even then it only bent a few teeth on the middle gear. The servo still worked but was gritty feeling.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,211 Posts
@pmerritt

ok, thanks for the info.
maybe it is possible to split the brushed esc into two parts to save on weight, I would need to study its circuit design to be sure myself, but the same has been done with other brushed double esc's.
The potential weight saving could be worth it for this size heli as you are adding a brushless esc as well, although the extra power from the brushless motor may more than compensate.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
@pmerritt - thanks for your offer but I am completely sick of this servo. I have several stripped ones lying around and I don't want to any new ones. I have got a number of Esky servos around that I may try at some stage.

@mono - the servos that are known to have worked in the 4F200 and V200D03 will definitely work in the Master CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
@pmerritt

ok, thanks for the info.
maybe it is possible to split the brushed esc into two parts to save on weight, I would need to study its circuit design to be sure myself, but the same has been done with other brushed double esc's.
The potential weight saving could be worth it for this size heli as you are adding a brushless esc as well, although the extra power from the brushless motor may more than compensate.
actually, the stock motor is 89.4 grams and the new motor, brushless converter AND esc come in at 51.8 grams....i'm actually saving weight!!!
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:23 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
I ordered 10 of those hk orange metal servos

I hope they work and are back in stock soon
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:32 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
I put in a set of Futaba 3114s when my V200D03's ELE servo stripped. They're plastic geared and analog but they're almost the same price as the stock servos and much higher quality. I have had a little trouble with the 3114's not holding their subtrim with the RX2618 but they do hold their centers so I just adjust mechanically. It's hard to want to wrench on a disgruntled V200 when I have my T-Rex 250 that's flying perfectly next to it on the shelf
Hi Tom,
Hows the T-Rex 250 doing? Still fly at that park ? I Need to stop just flying indoors as need room to open some helis up. Every time I decide to fly outside we get thunder storm. Monsoon season is about history as well as hot summer here in good los desert. Cheers,Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
The HK MG's are 3.5mm taller than the stock 7.6.6 servos, same width and length though. The mounting tabs need to be trimmed to fit the V200 and 4F200 which is easy to do.
Not sure if you'd need to do the same for the Master CP, if someone can take a photo of how the servos are mounted, that would help.
The extra weight of the MGs makes no difference as far as I can tell. They are however, quicker than the 7.6.6 servos which is another benefit.
the mastercp doesn't have side frames, i think those servos would be very difficult to fit without some major fabrication. I hope the hitec servos i purchased work ok. They cost about the same amount as stock but they should be much better performers.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:41 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
Just so everyone knows, I am going to be using the hobbymate HB2622 that many people used successfully with the Uflys. You CAN use a motor that's for a 400 sized heli but i'm pretty sure it would be overkill the v400 guys say they use only 70-80 percent throttle and that it's PLENTY strong using the turnigy3800. But with this 200 sized model spinning much smaller blades and plastic head........This motor is small, weighs little, and gives a decent amount of room for the surrounding wires. The stock pinion fits it and the mounting holes and even the stock screws from the motor fit. I can't wait to get everything going. Still waiting on the batteries to come in!!!! I'll be certain to make a video when I get it all working just don't be surprised to see me babying it early on....hehe. Don't want to break it on my first few outings ya know
I guess HB2622 is 5000kv and if i am not wrong than it will be too much of a head speed (5500+ rpm ) provided you also use 13t stock pinion. Master CP main gear is 115t and i remember dkfuji mentioned in his previous posts about using a 4200kv bl motor with stock pinion that made the heli rocket.

I am using a 3500KV bl motor with 11t pinion in my V400D02 and to me the power is more than enough. Keeping in mind the same it is just my guess that for Master CP any bl motor around 4000kv and stock 13t pinion would give it enough power (head speed of 4200+rpm)

I (like many others) use this excellent eCalc to get the idea
http://www.s4a.ch/eflight/helicalc_e.htm
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
I guess HB2622 is 5000kv and if i am not wrong than it will be too much of a head speed (5500+ rpm ) provided you also use 13t stock pinion. Master CP main gear is 115t and i remember dkfuji mentioned in his previous posts about using a 4200kv bl motor with stock pinion that made the heli rocket.

I am using a 3500KV bl motor with 11t pinion in my V400D02 and to me the power is more than enough. Keeping in mind the same it is just my guess that for Master CP any bl motor around 4000kv and stock 13t pinion would give it enough power (head speed of 4200+rpm)

i'm planning on running a 10t pinion. If the headspeed is still too high (which it shouldn't really be) I will just lower the throttle curve to compensate. Again, the reason I went with this motor is the size, weight, and many people said it was a good motor and basically trouble free.
Last edited by pmerritt; Sep 09, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Hi Tom,
Hows the T-Rex 250 doing? Still fly at that park ? I Need to stop just flying indoors as need room to open some helis up. Every time I decide to fly outside we get thunder storm. Monsoon season is about history as well as hot summer here in good los desert. Cheers,Dan
250 is flying better than ever, I'm still being a bit of a wuss with it. Its been a few weeks since I flew at the park due to being out of town and weather but I went down twice this weekend despite the wind. Hopefully the gusty winds will be done soon and there'll be some pleasent flying weather. I wonder if anyone's ever had their heli struck by lightning....
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
250 is flying better than ever, I'm still being a bit of a wuss with it. Its been a few weeks since I flew at the park due to being out of town and weather but I went down twice this weekend despite the wind. Hopefully the gusty winds will be done soon and there'll be some pleasent flying weather. I wonder if anyone's ever had their heli struck by lightning....
Doubtfull, not many helis are mainly metal, and if theres a tree/tower/radio mast / whatever nearby it will likely strike there instead.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,574 Posts
Well if it happens I hope the camera is rolling.
Anyway, it's not a good idea to be out in an open field during a thunderstorm.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:50 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,211 Posts
Lightning would have more probability of cooking the unfortunate fellow flying the model rather than the model itself, objects (including peple) which are in contact with ground are the highest risk.
But the odds are probably less than winning the lotto.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Nov 2011
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Well if it happens I hope the camera is rolling.
Anyway, it's not a good idea to be out in an open field during a thunderstorm.
Very true, no one should tempt fate! Actually I think a heli might be pretty safe since it isn't grounded.

Like someone mentioned, the dude with the metal antenna would likely be the better target!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, CA, Alhambra
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post

Hi firewolf, do you think this 3900kv Hobbymate motor will work on master cp?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbymate-HB...item2574ed12c2

And a brushless esc will be a necessary with the motor right? How to configure the esc connection on rx, which channel shall the esc goes in? And what how to connect the stock brushed esc, which originally control both main motor and tail

Thanks
Hobbyfuns is offline Find More Posts by Hobbyfuns