HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, VT, Irasburg
Joined Sep 2011
63 Posts
Question
setup help...please.

I'm setting up my eflite AT-6 retracts and I'm having a bit of trouble with the end point adjustment on my Futaba T7C. I have the retracts set on channel 5 which is a switch but it seems that the end point adjustment on the switch has no effect unless I dial down to 0% which isn't what I'm looking for. Even dialed down to 5% on both up and down the servo does a full 90 deg of travel. This is a new radio so I'm still learning it....is there no adjustment on the switched servos? I'm also a bit baffled on setting up the dual elevator servos....but I think I can figure that out with a little reading.
Maxxadict is offline Find More Posts by Maxxadict
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,715 Posts
e-Flite electric retracts are triggered by a servo signal that's either below or above the mid-point. Once they're triggered, they keep going until they reach their end-stops. I don't know exactly how much above and below the mid-point the signals have to be, but I think it's somewhere near 0 and 100%. If you're interested in investigating further, you can temporarily plug them into one of the servo channels that's activated by the transmitter sticks, and see how far you have to move the stick off centre before the retract triggers.

So, to answer your query, there's no way you can change the travel of the e-Flite retracts. Once triggered, they just keep going until they're locked in place.

With servos you can make adjustments to the amount of travel using the transmitter end point adjustments, because they move proportionately to the transmitter stick movement.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,593 Posts
Most retract servos are not the same as regular servos. They will only go from max end point one way to max end point the other way. If you are having trouble getting you gear to fully extend or retract, you have to make mech. adjustments to your linkage.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx