Blue
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:47 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
I think the (video) solution is already in progress:

Michael does his video and then maybe we can get a couple from guys who have the plane like Big Roger and Long Leng. It's nice to see a good video from a team pilot and also good to see footage of some mere mortals...I don't see a problem here.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
801 Posts
Holy cow! Give it a rest already! I'm beginning to wonder if you fly at all or if your hobby is just coming in these threads and complaining about things that have already been proven. If I had your NV weather, I wouldn't hardly ever be in these threads. I'd be flying instead of being stuck inside with gale force Kansas winds and cold weather. I consider myself an average to good pilot and I've flown this plane about 6 times (weather permitting) and I haven't seen any bad habits. That said, I'm beginning to think no matter who fly's this plane and what they say about it, your still going to find something to complain about. If you don't like a certain company or a certain plane, post your complaints and then go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Guess I'm not the only one wanting to see a skilled pilot show his unedited video of a new plane.
moxjett is online now Find More Posts by moxjett
Last edited by moxjett; Feb 20, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
So, a flight report from anyone as well as their setup on its way? How about some pages with info and not a bad jerry springer script in this thread.....?
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
It came across as incredibly rude an derogatory, not just mean. I'd suggest you use the edit button
was it really that bad? again, sorry if it is.

Quote:
guess I'm not the only one wanting to see a skilled pilot show his unedited video of a new plane.
nope, personally here i go with michaes opinion. i find 7 min unedited videos mostly really boring. half of the time the plane isnt even on the screen....just a point somewhere at the sky. the art is to find a good balance between cutting and too much cutting.
why i say he should do 2 videos is because many people here doubt the plane wouldnt wingrock etc. so it would help them too and therefore hk too (in case it performs well.

Quote:
OK you got me... My 3d skills aren't perfect. Never even claimed to be any good! You win! I'm a thousand miles from perfect. but... hey, probably scared to be ridiculed too. So right on all counts. Congratulations. I have flown in lots of shows in front of thousands... scared every time, and worried they will see how bad I really am.

Hey can you imagine with the mean spirited people here what would happen to me if I posted something they can say sucked? WOW... I would have to be insane.
thought you were scared
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxjett View Post
Holy cow! Give it a rest already! I'm beginning to wonder if you fly at all or if your hobby is just coming in these threads and complaining about things that have already been proven. If I had your NV weather, I wouldn't hardly ever be in these threads. I'd be flying instead of being stuck inside with gale force Kansas winds and cold weather. I consider myself an average to good pilot and I've flown this plane about 6 times (weather permitting) and I haven't seen any bad habits. That said, I'm beginning to think no matter who fly's this plane and what they say about it, your still going to find something to complain about. If you don't like a certain company or a certain plane, post your complaints and then go away.

Stop being a troll.
Good afternoon! Thanks for mentioning flying. I just got home from the field, and flew my 2 flights on each of my planes: 3DHS 59" Slick, 48" Super Vyper, 48" Edge, and my EF 48" MXS-EXP. Oh, and 3 flights on my RS-352 EPP Foamy.
The nice thing about technology these days is that in between flights while I'm charging batteries, I can get onto RCG using Tapatalk on my iPhone.
But yes, the weather here is great for flying right now.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Good afternoon! Thanks for mentioning flying. I just got home from the field, and flew my 2 flights on each of my planes: 3DHS 59" Slick, 48" Super Vyper, 48" Edge, and my EF 48" MXS-EXP. Oh, and 3 flights on my RS-352 EPP Foamy.
The nice thing about technology these days is that in between flights while I'm charging batteries, I can get onto RCG using Tapatalk on my iPhone.
But yes, the weather here is great for flying right now.
Well you addressed your flying habits, now how about addressing your other habits?
moxjett is online now Find More Posts by moxjett
Last edited by moxjett; Feb 20, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
So, a flight report from anyone as well as their setup on its way? How about some pages with info and not a bad jerry springer script in this thread.....?
yeah, flight report comes as soon as the sunshines comes. sunny tomorrow the forecast says, minus 3 degrees as well. may be i ll do 2 to 3 packs
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
everyone we are so close to having actual flying videos posted please lets just be quiet until info comes in then we can actually have something to look at.. right now we are going back and forth about information that has not even been posted.. If this continues I will just close this thread. Something I wish I could do with the other thread. NO MORE random talk about anything other than this plane.
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
everyone we are so close to having actual flying videos posted please lets just be quiet until info comes in then we can actually have something to look at.. right now we are going back and forth about information that has not even been posted.. If this continues I will just close this thread. Something I wish I could do with the other thread. NO MORE random talk about anything other than this plane.
Ryan, if you want to CONTROL what people are able to post about, then I suggest you utilize the sticky thread option:

Extracted from JBourke's post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1
"Sticky Threads - All sticky threads are moderated by the thread starter. If you want to have a thread stickied (or unstickied), you can accomplish this by reporting the first post in the thread. Choose "Stick/Unstick this thread" from the list of report options."

Then if someone posts a comment you don't like, you can delete it.
I would suggest this as the best method to guiding the discussion within this thread to only the subjects that you personally approve of.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
No I do not want to CONTROL it I just want people to control themselves.
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
I just picked up Michael's HK Slick and I'll be working all night.
MrRican is offline Find More Posts by MrRican
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Your statement was a little strong to say the least - hope this helps...

A leader leads through persuasion and guidance allowing for others to take ownership and belief in the goal as one...

A dictator someone who guides through demands and statements of what one wants as a goal for themselves....

I hope you see the difference and can poke prod - to keep this thread on topic
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
If this continues I will just close this thread. Something I wish I could do with the other thread. NO MORE random talk about anything other than this plane.
Quote: