HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:10 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Help!
Looking for RC Limited (book) or Beagle Pup article from it

I am trying to find a copy of RCM's RC Limited book that was published around 1968. Aparently the Beagle Pup build article by J.W. Headley was in that book. Does anyone know of a source for that book as it is long out of print?

Thank you.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:13 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,739 Posts
RCM had a Beagle Pup some years ago; plans still available. Google Radio Control Modeler.

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:07 AM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post
RCM had a Beagle Pup some years ago; plans still available. Google Radio Control Modeler.

howell
I am not looking for the plans. I am looking for the book that the article appeared in.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:51 AM
Joined Nov 2006
460 Posts
Are you looking for the entire book or just need a copy of the article?
Fravits is online now Find More Posts by Fravits
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:26 PM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
951 Posts
Jack Headley Beagle Pup

This model was originally published in Aeromodeller, sometime late in 1968. I remember buying a copy of it (who knows where it is, as of now) just to get the freebie fullsize plan of the Beagle Pup that was enclosed. A 'want' for the right copy of Aeromodeller might turn up the magazine and the plan.

If all else fails, and you're willing to pay an archivist's fee, a query to the EAA library might turn up a copy of the magazine article and the plan.
PeterH is offline Find More Posts by PeterH
Old Feb 01, 2011, 04:05 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2009
229 Posts
If it's an old issue of Aero Modeller you're after, try here:
http://www.payhost.net/modelling/aca...ller_1968.html
If the particular issue isn't listed, send them an email - I did and they found an old issue of Radio Modeller I was after (for plans of a model I built as a youngster).
Great service and arrived quickly for around UK$4 (where's the 'pound' symbol)
mrcosmo is offline Find More Posts by mrcosmo
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:20 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
This model was originally published in Aeromodeller, sometime late in 1968. I remember buying a copy of it (who knows where it is, as of now) just to get the freebie fullsize plan of the Beagle Pup that was enclosed. A 'want' for the right copy of Aeromodeller might turn up the magazine and the plan.

If all else fails, and you're willing to pay an archivist's fee, a query to the EAA library might turn up a copy of the magazine article and the plan.
I have not found a reference to that article. That was why I as after the RC Limited book. In fact, so far I have only found 2 sources or references to plans for the Beagle Pup. One was RCM.

I was/am looking for the article but wanted the entire article including any pictures. I know that RCM sends the text of the article with any plans purchased but none of the pictures are included.

I will see if I can find the Aeromodeler that you are referreing too.

Thank you.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:51 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fravits View Post
Are you looking for the entire book or just need a copy of the article?
I am looking for the article but wanted any pictures included. I had never even heard of RC Limited and have not seen any for sale or even mentioned.

The Beagle Pup looked like an interesting model and I have not seen any other plans published. I do know that Terry Lewis has one and I purchased the Turbocad file from him but have not been able to get it printed and have not been able to convert it to a PDF. It is a nice plan. Terry's is for an electric. I prefer the old nitro versions.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 10:50 AM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
951 Posts
Terry Lewis Beagle Pup plans

I'm interested in an e-powered Pup. If it's possible, I'd appreciate knowing how to locate Terry Lewis and his plans.

Thanks very much.
PeterH is offline Find More Posts by PeterH
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:43 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I'm interested in an e-powered Pup. If it's possible, I'd appreciate knowing how to locate Terry Lewis and his plans.
Terry is Candadagoose on both RCU and RCG although I have not seen him logn into either for some time now.

He has a page for the Beagle Pup at:
http://tjlewis1.rchomepage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

He also has the Beagle in the list on this page along with other plans, for sale and also some free, by other builders:
http://tjlewis1.rchomepage.com/mxpor...dex.php?page=7

Terry also has 2 threads on here for the Beagle Pup. One is at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749183

another of Terry's Beagle threads is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1186251

He also had a thread on RCU but do not have the link handy.

Hope that helps. Good Luck.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Beagle Pup

I spotted this old thread and thought someone might still be interested. The Beagle Pup plans appeared in the October 1968 Aeromodeller. It was designed as a single channel rc model with a cox i/c engine. I have just built an electric version from Jack Headley's plans. Modified to use brushless electric motor and full four channel rc. It flies very well but quite fast. Can not imagine how single channel would have faired. I think my model is lighter than original and wing span extended slightly from 36" to 40".
Fradleyflyer is offline Find More Posts by Fradleyflyer
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fradleyflyer View Post
The Beagle Pup plans appeared in the October 1968 Aeromodeller. It was designed as a single channel rc model with a cox i/c engine. I have just built an electric version from Jack Headley's plans. Modified to use brushless electric motor and full four channel rc. I think my model is lighter than original and wing span extended slightly from 36" to 40".
Nice looking model. Do you happen to have a scan of the article or plan?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Beagle pup

I got hold of a set of plans from pottyprod@hotmail.com (Fred Steer) I think I paid 9.00 (GBP sterling) They were a two sided reproduction of the free areomodeller plan. Unfortunately a bit too big for my scanner. Did not need much modification. rudder enlarged slightly, ailerons and elevator added cheap brushless motor. Wing center section built flat so wings fitted fuslage better, icreasing wing span by around 4".
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fradleyflyer View Post
The Beagle Pup plans appeared in the October 1968 Aeromodeller. It was designed as a single channel rc model with a cox i/c engine. I have just built an electric version from Jack Headley's plans. Modified to use brushless electric motor and full four channel rc. It flies very well but quite fast. Can not imagine how single channel would have faired. I think my model is lighter than original and wing span extended slightly from 36" to 40".
The one page of the article and the plan pages from Aeromodeller showed up here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=593

in the Free Flight thread with the article at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...2&d=1348374145

one plan page at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...3&d=1348374145
and the second plan page at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...4&d=1348374145

I wonder if this Beagle Pup article is the same one that Jack Headley had published in RCM and sold as one of their plans? The RCM plan is listed as being in one of their books from 1968 and this Aeromodeller article was also 1968 so it made me curios.

Do you know of any other RC struction articles that might have appeared over the years? I would have thought that the Beagle Pup would have been a more popular bird to model than what I have seen.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
The Beagle Pup was a lovely aircraft rarely modelled. The Bulldog which was the military trainer version used by the RAF seems to have been preferred by modellers. For which there are lots of plans in all sizes