Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 20, 2001, 08:10 AM
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Joined May 2001
3 Posts
Newbie to Slow Fly

I was planning on making myself a slow fly plane that i could fly in the local park from a set of plans. The plane is called "lethargik" and it was free in an english magazine, coming from glow fun fly models i was hoping to get a bit of performance from the little plane and i am after a relatively in exspensive motor/gearbox/prop combo that will give me 10-11 ounces of thrust so i can try a little bit of prop hanging.
The recommended weight for the plane is 9-10 ounces fully fitted out and covered, i feel a 1:1 power to weight ratio would be good. i will probably be making my own battery for it too out of NiMh 600 Mah AAA size cells, when the recommended is 500 Mah sanyo "dumpy cells" do you think this would be a suitable exchange and will there be much weight difference?
I would also like to know of a suitable covering for slow fly models available here in Australia.

Thanks

Jay Graham
Jay_G is offline Find More Posts by Jay_G
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2001, 11:56 PM
Grand Poobah of Nothing
Once Australia, now Finland
Joined Feb 2001
1,022 Posts
I've got these plans too, looks like an easy build. Apart from that I can't write much.
I use lightweight tissue for all my models, but you should be able to find all the lightweight plastics. Model Engines in victoria import heaps of gear.
Trizza is offline Find More Posts by Trizza