United Kingdom, England, Winsley
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Video
fpv scalping by fpvraptor

Thought id post this vid here what a fluke accident
Fpv scalping (0 min 27 sec)
kyta is offline Find More Posts by kyta
Last edited by kyta; Jul 15, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:17 AM
Any excuse to fly
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Apr 2008
546 Posts
This may not be the best thing post right now, The model plane and FPV are on the verge of been banned.
LHTPlane is online now Find More Posts by LHTPlane
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:20 AM
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHTPlane View Post
This may not be the best thing post right now, The model plane and FPV are on the verge of been banned.
i dont think this post will make much diff to the faa ruling, and even if it is banned, do you really think that the thousands of fpv flyers will abide by the rules! i dont think so! i could post car crashes, will cars be banned, or real plane crashes, will planes be banned, accidents happen, we didnt hurt anyone other than ourselves.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:27 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,967 Posts
Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:14 AM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
IF anything, this just proves that foamies aren't going to kill everyone. Looks like you were able to walk away. Did you need stitches?

Also, call me sadistic, but seeing you fall on your butt made me chuckle a little bit.

Hope you're alright and that you return to the sky soon!
KurlyQ is offline Find More Posts by KurlyQ
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:34 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
Nothing gets banned. Do you want me to post some pics of car, plane, helicopter, truck, and motorcycle crash bodies? Accidents happen. Should we give up the things we love/ get forced to give up things we love to do, and just live in a padded cell? I am certainly not. They can ban FPV all day long, and I just keep flying FPV until my batteries puff up a little.
Made in Austria is online now Find More Posts by Made in Austria
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:41 AM
Any excuse to fly
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Apr 2008
546 Posts
I understand, I doubt I will be giving up FPV either. My point was that these things tend to get shared millions of times and end up scaring the folks that are already afraid of "Drones".
I am always telling the typical "Phantom 2 flyer" to use more judgement and not to bring anymore negative opinions to the hobby. That's all.
LHTPlane is online now Find More Posts by LHTPlane
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:00 AM
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
It wasnt me it was my friend that got hit, and yes hes ok, a bit sore but raring to get back out there, as we all say, accidents happen, we wont be giving up fpv any time soon, ban or no ban, we fly safe away from people, and we enjoy it, why the hell would we listen to a stupid ruling, give it a few more years and no doubt air will be banned.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:04 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
I understand, I doubt I will be giving up FPV either. My point was that these things tend to get shared millions of times and end up scaring the folks that are already afraid of "Drones".
I am always telling the typical "Phantom 2 flyer" to use more judgement and not to bring anymore negative opinions to the hobby. That's all.
I think what's needed is that the word needs to get out some more to the irresponsible, that there is a jail sentence for that, and/or a gigantic fine is due, if they recklessly endangering someone or something with their RC model. As soon as one breaks these existing laws, like flying where they shouldn't, then they should get immediately arrested for reckless endangerment followed by some jail time to make an example. Only this will make them sane again, and scares all the other morons so they don't do stupid stuff.
Made in Austria is online now Find More Posts by Made in Austria
Last edited by Made in Austria; Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:11 PM
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
I think what's needed is that the word needs to get out some more to the irresponsible, that there is a jail sentence for that, and/or a gigantic fine is due, if they recklessly endangering someone or something with their RC model. As soon as one breaks these existing laws, like flying where they shouldn't, then they should get immediately arrested for reckless endangerment followed by some jail time to make an example. Only this will make them sane again, and scares all the other morons so they don't do stupid stuff.
people all around the world will do stupid things, but with various objects, guns, knives, bows and arrows,etc! you name a hobby or anything else that isnt abused by the minority?? governments abuse, police abuse,police still abuse, governments still abuse, and trust me they endanger and kill more life in this world than anything! guns, knives arnt banned, yet i bet they endanger more life on this planet that any rc plane, quad, what ever flys, that the normal people of the world just have, as a hobby, to pass a few hours of there lives having fun, this hobby has been around for years, so has fpv, its not a new thing, and its not getting smaller, im new to this hobby, a year odd in, so i dont know all the rules and regs, but this world belongs to the people, we are here a short time, and while im here i intend to enjoy it, fpv is something i enjoy, and i intend to keep doing it no matter what rules are put in place, i will fly safe, as i have been, i will do my best to not injure anyone, but i will fly, its always the do gooders of the world who have to speak out, and point the finger and have something to moan about, but i doubt there whiter than white, and if they like moaning then join some political group and go lay down your power.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:18 PM
Keepin it real....
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
1,981 Posts
Ouch alright!!!
So who was flying it ? Did he hit himself or did his mate hit him?
NutBag is online now Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:26 PM
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Ouch alright!!!
So who was flying it ? Did he hit himself or did his mate hit him?
He hit himself thank, good.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 05:33 PM
Joined Jun 2014
26 Posts
Lot to be said for the pusher style planks, would have a bruise, but skip the lacerations.
RossK is offline Find More Posts by RossK
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:38 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyta View Post
Thought id post this vid here what a fluke accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhR6na41ZE
Holy snapping duck sh17 dude! That was bloody nasty! You are so damn lucky it only cut your head open, you could have literally lost both eyes and if it hit you in the neck/throat area god knows what would have happened!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:10 PM
Joined Jul 2013
1,103 Posts
Great. Just what we want running around on the internet. People who don't understand this stuff see that, and substitute - in place of your self destructive friend's head in the photo - a mental image of their small child's head. Please just stop this crap. It doesn't matter if you do it out in the middle of nowhere. Infecting the internet with this stuff makes it part of the public consciousness, completely eclipsing every bit of effort safe, conscientious RC people put in to prevent the impression that this is what happens. Stop it.
IronAgeMedia is offline Find More Posts by IronAgeMedia
Last edited by IronAgeMedia; Jul 16, 2014 at 09:19 AM.