HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:41 AM
Joined Jun 2013
31 Posts
Discussion
AeroflyRC7 - USB cable for Futaba

Hi everyone, I have a new Futaba T14SG and I want to use it with my simulator. I have Aerofly RC7 and might get Real Fligt soon. I have an Ikarus USB game commander, but this thing is old as heck so want to replace it with actual TX.

Would you be so kind and recommend a cable with USB dongle, that works with Futaba T14SG (probably same as T8FG) and Aerofly RC7, Aerofly 5, AFPD, Real Fligt? Can it be bought from Hobbyking? Or even eBay is OK.

Thank you
SOROBORU88 is offline Find More Posts by SOROBORU88
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Joined Jul 2002
194 Posts
The MileHighWings interface cable is the best I've had/used. Accurate, works flawlessly, really easy to set up and stores the calibration on the interface itself (so you can transfer it between computers easily), and made/sold by people who are nice!

It will work with AF RC7 (without anything else), and AF5 (though you'll need the original controller plugged in as a dongle thing), and anything else that can use a standard USB joystick interface (including my PicaSim). I have a different Tx to you, but it looks like it will work with yours too (I suggest emailing to check if unsure).

The Ikarus USB game commander is awful - mine was inaccurate at the beginning, and is now so glitchy it's barely usable. Still more responsive than Ikarus support, though.
Mr Rowl is online now Find More Posts by Mr Rowl
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2013
31 Posts
Hello, thank you for younr answer. I have the same feeling about Ikarus Game Commander. This USB dongle looks great and the pricing seems OK. Comparing to others, that I might get from EU, this would always be pricier. So I'm looking for something directly buyable from EU. There is plenty of those USB dongles, i.e. this http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Simulato...item3cce79cfe0

But I need to be sure about compatibility with my T14SG
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Joined Jul 2002
194 Posts
Ah, I see - being from the UK I assumed you were based in the US!
Mr Rowl is online now Find More Posts by Mr Rowl
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:44 AM
Joined Jun 2013
31 Posts
Actually I'm from central Europe
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Jun 2013
31 Posts
What about this?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-Simulator...3D111076567398