Closed Thread
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:25 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
okay folks I guess the f1 race track here in town is also having a race same weekend as the fli. according to a reliable source the rooms at the 290 hotel I believe it's a super 8 is right now priced at 79.99 so if you plan to come to town you might want to book your hotel now
Thanks
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Nov 2011
48 Posts
Eddie, great news. I am in for sure. It will be a great event as usual.
Usual Suspect is offline Find More Posts by Usual Suspect
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:23 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,224 Posts
I'll be there!
RotorJockey is online now Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:03 AM
Quit Chucking My Wood
USA, TX, Amarillo
Joined Dec 2003
1,263 Posts
America's Best Value Inn is on 290 in Manor. The location is good, but RMR24 and I didn't have a very good experience. On the other hand its a place to sleep and shower with lizards. This is the hotel the club worked out a group rate with. The current rate is $79.99.

I stayed at the Super8 at 5606 East 51st Street for the Oct '11 Oktoberfest and the rate was $62 a night. Its now $316 per night. While its a much nicer hotel than most, its certainly not worth that kind of money. I sent them an email asking why the rates are so high. Just for the fun of it I changed dates to see if the activity at the new race track was the issue, it didn't appear to be. The rates dropped into the $200 range.

The above two in my opinion are the best as far as location is concerned. Getting to the field is easy from both.

I'll do some more hotel research and see what I can come up with.

Rich
rthorne is offline Find More Posts by rthorne
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,224 Posts
All I need is a socket to plug in my camper and I'm there for the duration!!!!!
RotorJockey is online now Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, TX, Liberty Hill
Joined Oct 2003
253 Posts
Hey Hey

Ah ha this is where yall are hanging out I found you! Joe Doran , Eddie Acoba, and myself (KC Carlton) are working through the details and would love suggestions. I saw steaks mention. What about Event shirts? I did the design for the last 2 years at Oktoberfest. Would love to start a theme for TEXAS FLI. We have lots of great things planned and April will be here before you know it!
HKC3 is offline Find More Posts by HKC3
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:22 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Just to let everyone know that I am now the new President of Austin Radio Control Association. I am going to work closely with the even coordinator to make sure the event runs smooth, and that we can all have a blast at the event. We can not wait to host this event.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:59 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,436 Posts
Quote:
definite maybe....i love it... nothing but trouble from you

we will have the usual suspects for this event light towers Friday and Saturday night Friday night Hawaiian barbeque. as far as Saturday nights dinner we are still trying to put that deal together. during October fest we did the 1 trick event the event ran smoothly and it's highly possible we'll do it again.

hopefully Hawaiian barbeque will be enough for you to make the drive
say hello to mama for me

Eddie
Mama says hey right back atcha. We're both glad that you sound like your old self.
bigbobed is offline Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:53 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthorne View Post
America's Best Value Inn is on 290 in Manor. The location is good, but RMR24 and I didn't have a very good experience. On the other hand its a place to sleep and shower with lizards. This is the hotel the club worked out a group rate with. The current rate is $79.99.

I stayed at the Super8 at 5606 East 51st Street for the Oct '11 Oktoberfest and the rate was $62 a night. Its now $316 per night. While its a much nicer hotel than most, its certainly not worth that kind of money. I sent them an email asking why the rates are so high. Just for the fun of it I changed dates to see if the activity at the new race track was the issue, it didn't appear to be. The rates dropped into the $200 range.

The above two in my opinion are the best as far as location is concerned. Getting to the field is easy from both.

I'll do some more hotel research and see what I can come up with.

Rich
America's Best Value Inn has a 20% discount for booking 14 days in advance bringing the rate to $63.99. They might do better if you bring your own lizard.
bigbobed is offline Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:15 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdww View Post
Just to let everyone know that I am now the new President of Austin Radio Control Association. I am going to work closely with the even coordinator to make sure the event runs smooth, and that we can all have a blast at the event. We can not wait to host this event.
I am curious do you have a name?
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, TX, Palacios
Joined Feb 2009
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir220 View Post
i am curious do you have a name?
lol !!!
SportFlyer2 is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer2
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:34 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
God... I'll be cutting this event really close.... I'll probably drive down friday, and leave sunday. I have to do a show monday...
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:34 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Quote:
I am curious do you have a name?
Yes. Mr. President. LOL My name is Joe Doran.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:04 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
523 Posts
This sounds like fun. I see some of you guys are close by...hope to bump in to some of you. I'm a 3D noob....so I will be taking lots of notes...lol
Da Big_G is online now Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G View Post
This sounds like fun. I see some of you guys are close by...hope to bump in to some of you. I'm a 3D noob....so I will be taking lots of notes...lol
Big G

I hope to see you there at the event. this is a great group they make the drive from all over the country. overtime I have formed a lot of great relationships at these events. and the bonus is you get to see lot of cool flying during that weekend. of course like anything else you will meet a jerk or 2... come find me at the event and I will be happy to point him out and his camera

just about everybody that post in the thread are super cool hope to see you soon
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Closed Thread