HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Steve Joblin's Avatar
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rz22g View Post
Does anyone know of a US source to get these ??
ClubHeli.com has them in BLACK and SILVER
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:31 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ott View Post
Not trying to re-invent the moustrap. To be perfectly honest, I didn't pay attention to the way the bearings came out and when I got to thinking about it when I re-assembed it I thought about the Mini-Titan's bearing order in the head.

Someone else also put up a good argument about the thrust bearing being on the outside (not necessarily on the Tarot tail grips) in another thread within the last couple of years. It makes sense, it all fit together, the tail is smooth and there is no discernable play...so, why not give it a try?

Jon
Sorry I was not talking about your post, just tarot trying to reinvent the mouse trap not you.

tarot-rc-heli.com
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2013, 07:59 AM
Will fly for food.
Jonathan Ott's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2002
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Sorry I was not talking about your post, just tarot trying to reinvent the mouse trap not you.

tarot-rc-heli.com
Oh, oops...
Jonathan Ott is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:28 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ott View Post
Not trying to re-invent the moustrap. To be perfectly honest, I didn't pay attention to the way the bearings came out and when I got to thinking about it when I re-assembed it I thought about the Mini-Titan's bearing order in the head.

Someone else also put up a good argument about the thrust bearing being on the outside (not necessarily on the Tarot tail grips) in another thread within the last couple of years. It makes sense, it all fit together, the tail is smooth and there is no discernable play...so, why not give it a try?

Jon
If you change the thrust bearings to the outside you need to take care to change the shims to match the bearing configuration or the radial bearing will lock up.

Remember that with thrust bearings in the center a washer is placed between the center race of the radial bearing and the thrust bearing so that the load on the bolt passes through the center tube of the bearing to the thrust bearing. Thrust bearing on the outside uses a large diameter washer that goes between the outer race of the radial bearing and the thrust bearing without contacting the center race in order to keep the center race of the radial bearing from being loaded.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 29, 2013 at 04:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
799 Posts
Replacement shim?

I've managed to lose one of the shims.

I have a replacement thrust bearing kit, but it does not come with the shims.

Does anyone know where I can get just the shim? It seems a shame that I have a complete thrust bearing rotor holder set which I cannot use because of the shim.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:53 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,134 Posts
Hey guys, I am trying to do a few upgrades to my 450 pro v2 I was trying to disassemble the thrust bearing tail rotor while watching cpos video. I had to resort to putting it in the oven and even then I can not get either blade grip off(yes I removed the screws). I have actually bent one of the shaft halves from the center rotor part.
This leads to 2 questions.
How the @#$ do you get the grips off without destroying the parts in the process?
Can I buy just the center part with the shaft arms?
Mine is basically equivalent to a bent feathering shaft now. I can see its bent when turning the grips and I never did get it apart.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 04:55 PM
Registered User
ryane67's Avatar
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
Hey guys, I am trying to do a few upgrades to my 450 pro v2 I was trying to disassemble the thrust bearing tail rotor while watching cpos video. I had to resort to putting it in the oven and even then I can not get either blade grip off(yes I removed the screws). I have actually bent one of the shaft halves from the center rotor part.
This leads to 2 questions.
How the @#$ do you get the grips off without destroying the parts in the process?
Can I buy just the center part with the shaft arms?
Mine is basically equivalent to a bent feathering shaft now. I can see its bent when turning the grips and I never did get it apart.
mine came apart hard too, I used a ball link plier to sort of get in between the grip and the hub on either side of the hub... those radial bearings are a real tight fit.

You can get the hub on its own. http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_He...-Hub?limit=100
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:30 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,134 Posts
Yeah, since I posted that I have found the center hub. I was using a ball link pliers too however, I was trying to pry between the arms the connect to the slider. Pretty sure that's how I bent one side of the hub. Did using the ball link pliers between the grip and hub get it off. I honestly considered buying the parts and putting one together that way.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Will an EXI 450 belt tail work on a Tarot 450 FBL? kbohip Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 1 Jul 25, 2012 06:33 PM
Sold 450 class metal tail assembly and 12mm CF tail boom with metal servo holders helitaiwan963 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 13, 2009 09:35 AM
Discussion Need help with finding a replacement tail-stepdown-gear-shaft bearing holder... (450) StarmanDXE Mini Helis 5 Apr 28, 2008 02:23 PM
Question Is there a replacement for the tail blade holder bearing? avt Mini Helis 3 Oct 03, 2007 09:30 AM
Help! Thrust Bearing In Blade Holder Assembly direstraits Fuel Heli Talk 7 Apr 02, 2006 12:14 PM