Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 05, 2014, 01:29 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatenkaas View Post
that just sounds like callibration fault.

can't you calibrate each motor separately with out the use of the controller but directly on your receiver?

and once that is done see if all the motors start? (not flying because its's best ifthey are calibrated bij the controller so that they all reacte the same)
I tried to do calibrate using RX this is the way i did I left the throttle to 100 but it shows only 90 then i plugged the battery after a sound brought the throttle down it only did one sound and the motor started while the Throttle was down but when i plugged them back to controller got the same issue one motor keep beeping very fast the others beep slow none started then i bought some new rc timer 30A SK ESC used that then i got only 3 motor start and shut start and shut when i raise the throttle the motor does not run continuously with RC timer but only it happens to 3 of them and the other 3 motor does not start at all and it keep showing motor imbalance is 150
paktazh is offline Find More Posts by paktazh
Last edited by paktazh; Jul 05, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 01:02 PM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegn View Post
All the other systems like DJI have problems and failures??
Well, here is my experiences:

Zero UAV YS-X4 Navigator - No control response and sudden dive/crash directly after liftoff. T810 frame totally destroyed. 0% success.

Zero UAV Gemini - Did not even make it to flight. During bench setup it suddenly behaved abormally. Sent back to China and they reflashed a chip and after that they say it works. Awaiting another replacement Gemini. 0% success.

DJI Naza V1 - No problems. 100% success.
DJI Naza V2 - No problems. 100% success.
DJI A2 - Working on the setup.
3DR Pixhawk - Working on the setup.

So, in my case every Zero UAV FC have failed, and every DJI FC I have flown with have worked very well...

You will hear many more complains about DJI's products just because there are so many, many, many more units sold in comparison to Zero UAV's FC's! If you see here in the Zero UAV threads, there are not many of us, and I think I am not unique in having to have Zero UAV FC's replaced by Zero UAV.

I am grateful for their support, that they have replaced both my faulty FC's. But I will be very nervous with the coming maiden flight of the Gemini. The crash and then the broken Gemini have cost me very much money, having lost a lot of possible jobs, and having to buy new equipment.
sorry to hear that you have so many issues with zerouav products.

I'm not saying the system is flawless, i just wanted to point that there are people that have good experience with the system and that there are people who have problems with other brands.

i own a ys-x6 2x a ys-x4 v2 and 1 gemini and a ardupilot (diy drones) so far i have had 1 crash 2 months ago with ys-x6 because of imu failure.
they replaced the imu but i'm still waiting for the answer what could have caused this(i think some power component failure).
but i have had hundreds of flight so far and this was my only issue, so i still thrust the system, but this would have been different if it would have happened in my first 10 flights.

But i hope they can solve your problems soon and that you don't get any more crashes from any brand of FC.
gatenkaas is offline Find More Posts by gatenkaas
Old Jul 06, 2014, 01:27 PM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paktazh View Post
I tried to do calibrate using RX this is the way i did I left the throttle to 100 but it shows only 90 then i plugged the battery after a sound brought the throttle down it only did one sound and the motor started while the Throttle was down but when i plugged them back to controller got the same issue one motor keep beeping very fast the others beep slow none started then i bought some new rc timer 30A SK ESC used that then i got only 3 motor start and shut start and shut when i raise the throttle the motor does not run continuously with RC timer but only it happens to 3 of them and the other 3 motor does not start at all and it keep showing motor imbalance is 150
still sound to me that you have a calibration issue.

don't you have a friend that has some experience with RC equipment or a shop or a club near by.

And i still would suggest that you first try to calibrate the esc+motors directly on your receiver.

this is the same procedure.
1) place 1 motor+esc o your throttle port of your receiver.
2) turn on your transmitter put the throttle to full 100%
3) power your esc with a battery
4) wait for the beebs
5) put the throttle to 0% you will get a single beeb
6) then give some throttle and see if the motor starts to rotate

do this for all motors then check if they work on your FC (without recalibration)

I had some ecs from rctimer for which i needed to set the throtle to 110% on my transmitter to get them to calibrate.
If this is the case you won't be able to use them for the FC unless you can reset the calibration (this is not possible for all esc then you need to reprogram them with a special tool)

This is why i ask if you can calibrate them on you receiver directly with only 100% throttle output.

the reason the FC shows only 90% is so when you give full throttle it will still have 10% output left for compensation during flight.
during calibration it will output 100%.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 06:45 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
still sound to me that you have a calibration issue.

don't you have a friend that has some experience with RC equipment or a shop or a club near by.

And i still would suggest that you first try to calibrate the esc+motors directly on your receiver.

this is the same procedure.
1) place 1 motor+esc o your throttle port of your receiver.
2) turn on your transmitter put the throttle to full 100%
3) power your esc with a battery
4) wait for the beebs
5) put the throttle to 0% you will get a single beeb
6) then give some throttle and see if the motor starts to rotate

do this for all motors then check if they work on your FC (without recalibration)

I had some ecs from rctimer for which i needed to set the throtle to 110% on my transmitter to get them to calibrate.
If this is the case you won't be able to use them for the FC unless you can reset the calibration (this is not possible for all esc then you need to reprogram them with a special tool)

This is why i ask if you can calibrate them on you receiver directly with only 100% throttle output.

the reason the FC shows only 90% is so when you give full throttle it will still have 10% output left for compensation during flight.
during calibration it will output 100%.
I did calibrated each ESC one by one with the Rx and they start when they are connected to RX but once i connect them back to FC they start beeping fast then i used the GS by going to installation guide and Calibrate them again the beeping stoped but the motor did not start and when i flip the switch to GPS it shows motor imbalance 150 and it does not start in any mode i used some Rctime esc and it only turn off and on only 3 motors on and off i reflashed the FC too did not help I bought some Hobbyking ESC and once i get those i try them if nothing help then i have to send this back to Hanbbyking where i bought this
Last edited by paktazh; Jul 07, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 05:59 AM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
I did calibrated each ESC one by one with the Rx and they start when the are connected to RX but once i connect them back to FC it start beeping fast then i used the GS by going to installation guide and Calibrate them again the beeping stooped but the motor does not start and when i flip the switch to GPS it shows motor imbalance 150 and it does not start in any mode i used some Rctime esc and it only turn of and on only 3 motors on and off i reflashed the FC too did not help I bought some Hobbyking ESC and once i get those i try them if nothing help then i have to send this back to Hanbbyking where i bought this

looks like your doinging every thing as you suppose too.

and what type of rx tx do you use Futaba or other brand, because with other brands then futabe you need to reverse the outputs,

but i guess if some of the motors do start that is already correct
Old Jul 07, 2014, 01:22 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
looks like your doinging every thing as you suppose too.

and what type of rx tx do you use Futaba or other brand, because with other brands then futabe you need to reverse the outputs,

but i guess if some of the motors do start that is already correct
I tried both futaba and Frsky Taranis but same issue
Old Jul 08, 2014, 07:04 AM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
I tried both futaba and Frsky Taranis but same issue
but all the esc's stop beeping then the FC does give some output to them!

what type of firm ware do you use on the FC and what type of FC?
Old Jul 08, 2014, 04:19 PM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Using the last Firmware flashed it with the old didn't work back to latest one still does not work
I got the black P version i guess no option left for me then ship it back to Hobbyking
Old Jul 09, 2014, 02:48 AM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
you can also try to contact zerouav and ask for skype support with 1 of the engineers
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:09 AM
Joined Jul 2011
113 Posts
Thank's. Yes, no system is flawless, not even military graded ones.

But, when compared between my thumb and forefinger (ie highly unscientifically ) based on user experiences here on RCGroups and the number of users per make/model and warranty issues, I would say that Zero UAV needs to step up when it comes to quality.

I know they are working on it, though. They announce on their web site that they want to hire engineers and quality inspectors.

Believe me, I support them. Ive helped them out with firmware testing, software and manual translation etc, and I really hope they will success in the market and be a real competitor to Another big FC maker. Bt the quality must improve hardwarewise as well as firmware/softwarewise. Also, not to forget, manuals must be regurarly updated.

Quote:
sorry to hear that you have so many issues with zerouav products.

I'm not saying the system is flawless, i just wanted to point that there are people that have good experience with the system and that there are people who have problems with other brands.

i own a ys-x6 2x a ys-x4 v2 and 1 gemini and a ardupilot (diy drones) so far i have had 1 crash 2 months ago with ys-x6 because of imu failure.
they replaced the imu but i'm still waiting for the answer what could have caused this(i think some power component failure).
but i have had hundreds of flight so far and this was my only issue, so i still thrust the system, but this would have been different if it would have happened in my first 10 flights.

But i hope they can solve your problems soon and that you don't get any more crashes from any brand of FC.
Thegn is offline Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:12 AM
Joined Jul 2011
113 Posts
Did you do the calibrations with the guided Zero UAV GSC Setup Wizard, or did you do them "manually" with each ESC connected to the reciever throttle channel?

My Gemini (now sent back to China), did not make a successful calibration through the GSC wizard. When I did a "manual" calibrations, all the ESC's worked normally.

Quote:
Using the last Firmware flashed it with the old didn't work back to latest one still does not work
I got the black P version i guess no option left for me then ship it back to Hobbyking
Thegn is offline Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:18 AM
Joined May 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegn View Post
Did you do the calibrations with the guided Zero UAV GSC Setup Wizard, or did you do them "manually" with each ESC connected to the reciever throttle channel?

My Gemini (now sent back to China), did not make a successful calibration through the GSC wizard. When I did a "manual" calibrations, all the ESC's worked normally.
i did both but did not work