Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts
Key Chain Cam

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gadgets.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
You got a link to that camera?
How do you veiw the vid...can you plug it into the tv?
This is where mine came from, it plugs via USB to your computer for uploading, and charging. These come with a 2Mb microSD card, at least mine did.
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mr. Wizzard
USA, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Jun 2010
9 Posts
Hey all, I just shot this video today of my 120 with a keycam in WNW winds around 9mph. It was a blast! I did have a harsh landing due to the battery died and the wind kicked it around a bit but it was awesome! This is one fun heli!

Blade 120 sr onboard keycam (1 min 28 sec)
FoxintheDen is offline Find More Posts by FoxintheDen
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2005
54 Posts
Just got mine today. I'm really enjoying it. I also have the MSR and I thought it was great. But this 120 SR is outstanding. It handles the wind very well. I was flying in 10mph winds with both my MSR and 120 SR. The MSR got knocked around to death. The 120 SR held very steady!
midieval10 is offline Find More Posts by midieval10
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:12 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Quote:
SOL for me then.
I'm on a very old computer and it does not have usb plugs...i'm lucky to be here typing at all..lol

I was hopeing there was a mini cam that i could use that didn't require a computer with a usb plug to veiw the video.

I'm what you might call down there in Oz "just out of the bush" when it comes to computer and tech stuff...i don't even have a cell phone...never sent a text in my life.....unless you can count these threads..lol

Happy flying...Ridgewalker
You've got a couple of options there I 'spose.

Obvious one is to upgrade your computer - but that's a few bob's worth to do.

Another option would be to take a close look at your DVD player/recorder - if you have one, of course. Mine has a USB port on it, which allows it to read off memory-sticks etc. The keychain cam I bought comes with a USB cable 'standard' plug on one end, mini-plug at the cam end. The DVD player also recognises AVI format files, so it should be able to read directly off the cam's micro-SD card while it's still in the camera - the memory is, after all, just another form of 'memory stick'...

Just bear in mind, though, that these keychain cams aren't necessarily the best in vid quality, so replaying on a TV sized monitor might be a bit scratchy...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Say...

This might have already been discussed in here, but there's a fair few pages to go back over just now.

What are you guys running as batteries in these SR120's? I gather Eflite has conjured up a new 500mAh LiPo for these, and I haven't been able to find a compatible after-market jobbie so far.

I checked the Hyperion site, but nada. I use their 1S 160mAh batts in my mSR and I'm hooked on them.

Are we stuck with 'genuine Eflite' LiPo's for now...?

BJ
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:24 PM
Joined Sep 2005
54 Posts
LOL, why are there 2 Blade 120 SR threads?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:37 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,848 Posts
One thread started of kind of neg and such(this one)...i think the other was to be a more pos thread for those who didn't want to b**ch about eflight and what not.

I can't keep up with the two so i just been posting here in this one.....seems to be the popular thread according to the numbers.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:49 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
You've got a couple of options there I 'spose.

Obvious one is to upgrade your computer - but that's a few bob's worth to do.

Another option would be to take a close look at your DVD player/recorder - if you have one, of course. Mine has a USB port on it, which allows it to read off memory-sticks etc. The keychain cam I bought comes with a USB cable 'standard' plug on one end, mini-plug at the cam end. The DVD player also recognises AVI format files, so it should be able to read directly off the cam's micro-SD card while it's still in the camera - the memory is, after all, just another form of 'memory stick'...

Just bear in mind, though, that these keychain cams aren't necessarily the best in vid quality, so replaying on a TV sized monitor might be a bit scratchy...

BJ

Thanks for the tips.
I do have a dvd player and i'll check it tomorow.
I also have one of those play station 2 game machines that plugs into the tv...it also can play dvd's and it might have one of those usb plugs on it.
It's packed away in storage,it was given to me from a friend but i don't play video games.
I'll dig it out tomorow and check it over.

Eventualy i will get a new computer......but i'm a Yankee..lol..we use things till they don't work anymore...and then see what else we could use it for.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:51 PM
Fly Hard or Go Home
Huntsville, Alabama
Joined Mar 2009
51 Posts
how goes it! picked up a 120 sr the other day. before reading any good or bad reviews. just looked like a nice size.

i at one time had the axe cx micro, got me hooked. no wait addicted! lol then got stupid and jumped to a blade 400. spent alot of money.........then got a falcon 40 fp which is a walkera clone. nice but 72mhz interference stinks. needed something fun and ended up with a MSR fun little guy! had it for a year and just now had to buy a tail motor that the back blew out of.

that sums up my flying history right quick. no 3D yet just a "sport Flyer"

after scrolling the thread seems a few little preventive measures are needed. landing gear trimmed and also keep an eye on the tail rotor bearing?

other than that fly and have fun! i was happy to see it could handle a mini cam. !!

also attempted to fly in what i assumed was a 12mph wind and with my swash on the outter ball links that was to heavy a breeze. inside was great. factory aero bind n fly worked fine. i do hope to try outside in the morning when the wind is less likely to be an issue.

i will see how long i can fight the urge to tinker with this heli???

have a nice night.
BS-AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by BS-AV8TOR
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:11 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the tips.
...but i'm a Yankee..lol..we use things till they don't work anymore...and then see what else we could use it for.
Yankee?.... or Russian???

BJ
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:24 PM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
....is the proud new owner of an SR 120

BJ
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:31 PM
Joined Sep 2005
54 Posts
My Celectra charger doesn't charge to the full 4.2V. When all the lights flash, I stop the charger, take the battery out, measure with my multimeter and it reads 4.09V. My Celectra 4-port charger from the MSR charges each battery correctly to exactly 4.2V. Did I get a bad charger?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:48 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,384 Posts
Interesting. Now that you bring it up, mine charges to the same voltage as yours. It may not be an isolated case.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:05 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Thanks Pappy - I'll let you know how she flies when I finally get my hot greedy little hands on her.

They demo'd one at my LHS last weekend, and I really liked what I saw. But the RRP price-tag spooked me - not much change out of AU$300, and not a great deal less than my CopterX CP 450.

They can only get them in RTF form at the LHS - BNF is a fair bit less if you can score a local one down here in Oz. AU$50-70 from what I've seen so far.

These guys have the BNF at a reasonable price (including the postage):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EFLITE-BLADE-...olled_Vehicles

Which is rather strange when you compare the price difference I was offered when I bought my mSR. That was only 20 bucks difference between RTF and BNF - and it's exactly the same Tx that they are taking out.

The only reason I bought mine is that it's as-new and what I would consider a 'reasonable' price. I managed to fluke winning the auction by $1. So I've ended up saving about 70 bucks on the best price available doing the rounds at the moment...

BJ
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:07 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Interesting. Now that you bring it up, mine charges to the same voltage as yours. It may not be an isolated case.

Don
How many cycles/hits have your batteries been through..??

BJ