HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:54 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Looks like the RCTimer website is down today?
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Looks like the RCTimer website is down today?
Normal.

Thanks.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:32 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Seems to be working now.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:30 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Hello to everyone and thank you for all of your help and information about RCtimer.
I finally made my first purchase from their website and here is what I ordered:

10 Pairs Heavy Duty Ultra Dean Connectors OT02
Item Code: ECM00251-01

3pcs 10x5E Propeller Motor Shaft Adaptation
Item Code: ECM00177-01

3pcs 10x6E Propeller Motor Shaft Adaptation
Item Code: ECM00178-01

10pairs T Type Battery Connector
Item Code: ECM00076-01

RC-8058 Multi-Connector Adapter
Item Code: ECM00227-01

I paid the extra 2 bucks and my packaged shipped on 6 Jan and arrived in Alabama USPS local post office on 12 Jan 2010. I will have to pick the envelope up on 13 Jan.
Thanks again for all of the great feedback.

v/r

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Just an FYI: I placed my 2nd order with RCTimer on 1/1/10 and received it today, just 11 days later. Great job RCTimer!
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:14 AM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Given it a try.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:28 PM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Nina

Is there a discount code for first time order over 100.00 USD
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:02 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I picked up the package today from the Post Office and I am so impressed by the quality of the props. These are the same props I have been paying $2.5 to $3.00 (not including tax or shipping). I have not flown any but they seem to be as good or better than APC. The multi connecter is of high quality and for the price, I cannot complain. Once I solder on some of the connectors I will post more feedback.

v/r

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jan 14, 2010, 04:00 PM
five by five
Panama City Bch, FL
Joined Jan 2009
2,074 Posts
my order came in today.... i was floored at the quality of the products i received! i was expecting the typical "some re-assembly required" product im used to from other budget chinese retailers, but this is not the case with ANY of the items i ordered! 10a esc has flawless soldering with no residual flux, 3.5mm bullets are nice and thick, the xti connectors are great, the props look great, the servo extensions and y adapters are excellent quality, i haven't ran the motors yet, but they look exceptional as well. this much product would have set me back a fortune at the LHS! im thoroughly pleased with my dealings with rc timer so far! thanx!
-sj
sonicj is offline Find More Posts by sonicj
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Dear friends,

Thanks for yours feedbacks, we will do our best.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:28 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Nina, I thiink your website is in need of a little attention. When you log back in it puts your email in the username box and says invalid password. I have talked to 3 friends that gave up trying to order. And I started an order and selected the $2.00 option on shipping, then changed my mind but it wont allow me to order without the same $2.00 option. I dont know, maybe will order, maybe not. Regardless, you should have someone look into it.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:49 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Nina, I thiink your website is in need of a little attention. When you log back in it puts your email in the username box and says invalid password. I have talked to 3 friends that gave up trying to order. And I started an order and selected the $2.00 option on shipping, then changed my mind but it wont allow me to order without the same $2.00 option. I dont know, maybe will order, maybe not. Regardless, you should have someone look into it.
From what I was led to understand, the $2 is not a shipping charge but is an "insurance" fee. Standard shipping is actually "free", confusing isn't it? There is obviously a very pronounced translation issue going on with the website, and it's nearly impossible to find out what's up with an order till it actually arrives; but I've found them to be very responsive in general to their customers. At least they seem to be trying to do a good job, and the products are high quality and very inexpensive. Good luck!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:55 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
From what I was led to understand, the $2 is not a shipping charge but is an "insurance" fee. Standard shipping is actually "free", confusing isn't it? There is obviously a very pronounced translation issue going on with the website, and it's nearly impossible to find out what's up with an order till it actually arrives; but I've found them to be very responsive in general to their customers. At least they seem to be trying to do a good job, and the products are high quality and very inexpensive. Good luck!
Yea thanks Sonny. Appreciate that. Im sure I will order seeing as there are a growing # of satisfied customers. Its just the fact that the customer shouldnt have to be completely p'd off and frustrated while trying to spend their money. I give Nina alot of credit for trying to break the communications barrier that there obviously is here but still something else should be done to make things more "spend friendly". Thanks F2F
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:35 PM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
30.00 fee

Put in the order. Got to the pay part there was a shipping fee. Then there was a 30.00 handling fee. Stopped signed off. Cancelled order. What is this fee for?
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:42 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Wow, surpriiiiiiiiiiiize!!!! Thats what I am saying. Its a crapshoot on that website. Sounds like the issues get solved but man, is this boot camp or are we just trying to spend some money?