HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2009, 01:15 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
39 Posts
New Product
"Fly Boys" 1/12th scale RAF Pilot finished

For those who saw my previous thread here is the RAF pilot painted up. The casting process went well after some teething problems but I'm pretty pleased with the result. Painting the first casting was fun as well, he looks like a squadron leader who means business. All thats needed now is some 5 minute epoxy for the lenses in his goggles and he's ready to fly his first sortie.
fenno is offline Find More Posts by fenno
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Hapert
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenno
For those who saw my previous thread here is the RAF pilot painted up. The casting process went well after some teething problems but I'm pretty pleased with the result. Painting the first casting was fun as well, he looks like a squadron leader who means business. All thats needed now is some 5 minute epoxy for the lenses in his goggles and he's ready to fly his first sortie.
extraordinary work ! you have talent and skill sir....they look great, so many wonderful scale planes are spoiled by a terrible pilot, looks like those days are over......well done.. !!
Warbird@home is offline Find More Posts by Warbird@home
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:37 AM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,171 Posts
Mark, this looks fantastic. Not to give you a big head, but ... that's probably the best looking 1/12th scale pilot I've ever seen. When these are ready for distribution, please be sure to let us know!

And if there's any fee that can be paid to enlist your extraordinary painting services, I'd sure love to know about that, too.

Keep up the amazing work!
- Dave
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:39 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
39 Posts
Well the tentative plan is to make these available (unpainted) for sale as an option to the pilot figures provided by manufacturers (which to be honest do let down the quality of the kits they produce.) I started working on the Luftwaffe pilot tonight (basic face/head done) in the same scale. These little guys should be suitable for most of the foam warbirds out there and even some of the balsa kits. I also plan to do a USMC figure after the Luftwaffe one and then maybe a USAF pilot (if there's a demand.) Then....who knows it all depends on what you guys are looking for in/around this scale.
fenno is offline Find More Posts by fenno