HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:26 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Please advise

Hello all.
I have two issues with my ET system setting up that I have not been able to fix.
- The first one has to do with the second battery voltage monitoring. I use a 15kΩ resistor probe and have selected "use temp B for voltage B". On the OSD screen the numerical value of volts, and the graphical depiction, look normal. But at the data recorder laptop software, the value displayed for V2 is way off: about 45-46 volts for a 3s1p LiPo! How can I fix the value displayed on the laptop?
- The second one has to do with the RSSI measurement. I have connected my turnigy 9X V2 rx RSSI pin (according to this post)to middle pin of temp 1 port of the ET OSD, and have selected "use temp A for RSSI". However, I experience an erratic behavior with displayed RSSI values from 0 to about 40 on the OSD, and negative RSSI values on the data recorder software. I originally had RSSI values ranging from 0 to 100 randomly (still negative on laptop), but it was when I used Carlyle method during servo wizzard, so the rc tx was not actually off for the OSD to record the "off" level of RSSI. Then, I tried turning off the rc tx during the servo wizzard, and it only seems to change the range of the variation, but not the variation itself. Do I need a buffer, or another way to set it up?

I attach a photo and a link to a vid that shows what I am talking about.

I run 10.12 and all the latest firmware.

Thank you for your help.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:24 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Are you using the old version of the barometric altitude sensor, or the new, improved version?

hi,
i use the old (V3) baro-sensor.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:28 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Hello all.
I have two issues with my ET system setting up that I have not been able to fix.
- The first one has to do with the second battery voltage monitoring. I use a 15kΩ resistor probe and have selected "use temp B for voltage B". On the OSD screen the numerical value of volts, and the graphical depiction, look normal. But at the data recorder laptop software, the value displayed for V2 is way off: about 45-46 volts for a 3s1p LiPo! How can I fix the value displayed on the laptop?
- The second one has to do with the RSSI measurement. I have connected my turnigy 9X V2 rx RSSI pin (according to this post)to middle pin of temp 1 port of the ET OSD, and have selected "use temp A for RSSI". However, I experience an erratic behavior with displayed RSSI values from 0 to about 40 on the OSD, and negative RSSI values on the data recorder software. I originally had RSSI values ranging from 0 to 100 randomly (still negative on laptop), but it was when I used Carlyle method during servo wizzard, so the rc tx was not actually off for the OSD to record the "off" level of RSSI. Then, I tried turning off the rc tx during the servo wizzard, and it only seems to change the range of the variation, but not the variation itself. Do I need a buffer, or another way to set it up?

I attach a photo and a link to a vid that shows what I am talking about.

I run 10.12 and all the latest firmware.

Thank you for your help.
The pc software does not yet display the second battery voltage or RSSI indication correctly, it is still displaying the data as a temperatures.

It is highly recommended to use a buffer between the eLogger and receiver so the eLogger does not load up the receiver and cause unexpected behaviour.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=263&page=2

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
i use the old (V3) baro-sensor.

cheers Thomas
The newer version of baro altimeter is supposed to be more drift-free. I haven't installed mine yet. After I get everything working, I'll install the new version and deal with any complications that might rise.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:17 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
The pc software does not yet display the second battery voltage or RSSI indication correctly, it is still displaying the data as a temperatures.

It is highly recommended to use a buffer between the eLogger and receiver so the eLogger does not load up the receiver and cause unexpected behaviour.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=263&page=2

Geoff
Thank you Geoff!
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:44 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
The newer version of baro altimeter is supposed to be more drift-free. I haven't installed mine yet. After I get everything working, I'll install the new version and deal with any complications that might rise.
hi,
i know that v4 should be more accurate than v3 ... but iŽm happy with v3. the baro is always "better" than the gps-height. the few meters difference between start and landing are not essential.
i put off the vid-goggles to land "normal" if i fly in a unknown area. with rth on a rc-switch the plane is circling above me and there is time to put off the goggles an search the plane. in well known areas i land the plane fpv - then i orientate myself on landmarks (bushes, trees, ...) to find my path of approach

there should be no comlications during update ... in the worst case choose "factory reset" and configurate the system new. after a few times youŽll do this in a few minutes

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:09 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
OSD Pro and using RTH with kkmulticopter board vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Bill, Any idea if the RTH feature can be configured to work with a tri-copter? It is basically the same controls as a fixed pitch heli. I have come to the conclusion that I want to put my FPV gear on my tri-copter instead of my easystar as I want to be able to fly much slower/linger in one place and not have to worry about takeoff/landing areas.
Anyone start working through this topic? With the latest kkmulticopter control boards, I think I can just hook it into the yaw (rudder) control for RTH. The thing I'm trying to figure out, is what do I set max/cruise/min throttle to during RTH...hum, maybe I put the elevator output from OSD into the throttle, since that is how it maintains altitude...don't think it is quite that straight forward, so I'm going to have to think about this some more.

Please revisit here, Bill, if you have any experience or recommendations. It should mostly be simple reconfig of the OSD Pro RTH control since most of the feedback and gyro control is all run by the kk board, but maintaining altitude and heading may be difficult...

Thanks,
Jeff
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:24 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
233 Posts
ET RTH doesn't support helicopters and multicopters. Bill had said in the past that they will implement a new software for these.
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:46 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
What menu is the setup for triggering RTH with the switch? I am using x9303
How does the osd pro know the rx is in failsafe? is it because its not receiving signal from the tx?
Set the lower travel adjustment of the throttle to 120%. Set 2 flight mode fm0, fm1 and adjust a switch. At the fm0 set the throttle curve to start at 10, fm1 at it is at 0. turn the switch to the fm1 and rebind.
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
TX PPM x FS ?

How do I set a PPM radio to operate the FS ?
Ricardohpb is offline Find More Posts by Ricardohpb
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 AM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,113 Posts
I'm very frustrated trying to track down my interference issue. I've never had any feedback in my video when using a power filter, but now that I have added RTH, I get tons of interference from the servos and the motors. Originally I had a GoPro on the nose with a CCD cam seperate and no RTH, no servos through the ETOSD.

Now, I've switched to a GoPro2 feeding the video and routed all the servo through the ETOSD for RTH. There is a dedicated 5volt, 5 amp BEC for both the radio system and to keep the GoPro fed with 5 volts. There is a LC filter on both the power supply going to the video tx, as well as the GoPro. I don't think the GoPro has anything to do with this because I still get the interference with my old cam, but I've gone so far as to use only the main ground through the Elogger, no other grounds running anywhere and still I get diagonal lines when the servos move. the only thing that really changed was running the servos through the ETOSD for RTH... Tried other servos too, digital servo are much worse, but every servo I've tried causes major interference in the video, no servo movement, perfect video... do I have to give up my RTH to get my perfect video back?
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,092 Posts
So, you did tie all your grounds together right? I assume that's what you mean when you used only the main ground through the logger but it seemed a bit vague. If you haven't tied all your grounds together (camera, main battery, receiver/BEC, vTx) then definitely do that.
Do the servos glitch at all or is it just the video feed? You're sure the BEC voltage isn't sagging right?
Just some ideas, most of which you've probably tried out already.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron View Post
I'm very frustrated trying to track down my interference issue. I've never had any feedback in my video when using a power filter, but now that I have added RTH, I get tons of interference from the servos and the motors. Originally I had a GoPro on the nose with a CCD cam seperate and no RTH, no servos through the ETOSD.

Now, I've switched to a GoPro2 feeding the video and routed all the servo through the ETOSD for RTH. There is a dedicated 5volt, 5 amp BEC for both the radio system and to keep the GoPro fed with 5 volts. There is a LC filter on both the power supply going to the video tx, as well as the GoPro. I don't think the GoPro has anything to do with this because I still get the interference with my old cam, but I've gone so far as to use only the main ground through the Elogger, no other grounds running anywhere and still I get diagonal lines when the servos move. the only thing that really changed was running the servos through the ETOSD for RTH... Tried other servos too, digital servo are much worse, but every servo I've tried causes major interference in the video, no servo movement, perfect video... do I have to give up my RTH to get my perfect video back?
Where are your ferrite coils???

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...q6eviglbaohpe0
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
So, you did tie all your grounds together right? I assume that's what you mean when you used only the main ground through the logger but it seemed a bit vague. If you haven't tied all your grounds together (camera, main battery, receiver/BEC, vTx) then definitely do that.
Do the servos glitch at all or is it just the video feed? You're sure the BEC voltage isn't sagging right?
Just some ideas, most of which you've probably tried out already.
BEC voltage is solid, and all the grounds go through the Elogger, ie, when i first had it set up there were some ground loops (ground through both servo lines and elogger, and ground through the video out and Elogger) I was able to disconnect the ground from both BECs outputs because they are both already grounded at the source, didn't seem to make any difference either way...
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:02 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron View Post
BEC voltage is solid, and all the grounds go through the Elogger, ie, when i first had it set up there were some ground loops (ground through both servo lines and elogger, and ground through the video out and Elogger) I was able to disconnect the ground from both BECs outputs because they are both already grounded at the source, didn't seem to make any difference either way...

Aaron,

Do you have your LC Filter placed like this?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson