HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:32 PM
Mr. Reliability
Chesapeake, Va.
Joined Jul 2006
95 Posts
Question
Brushless motor angle on Microjet

After seeing a Microjet brushless setup recently, I've read many threads about them before making the decision to build one using a Mega 3 for power.

The many comments on launch difficulty posted are a concern. One person had several bad initial experiences but overcame them by changing the thrust angle of the brushless motor. In this case, it had an aluminum bracket that was bent.

I am wondering if putting a shim under the prop end of the Mega would get the same results, and , what are the thoughts on the motor angle improvement for reducing launch rolls and dive crashes? And, if lipos aren't used, what would be the best NiMH application for the Microjet?

The MJ looks like the ultimate for speed for the cost, if the launch issue is overcome.

Thanks for any insight on the Microjet.

Rick
Lithuanian Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Lithuanian Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:21 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
The shim would work fine. The aluminum mount is easily made from stock bought at the hardware store (like I have 6 feet of it!) bent to proper thrust angle and held on with zip ties. I went with lipos, a light 3s pack, and all up weight was almost 100 gms less than printed on the box and have had absolutely no problems with the launch ( other than scary fast at full throttle with the GWS 15T brushless)
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar