HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:34 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish View Post
I've not received this PM, can you post it in this thread please ?
...deleted...
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:37 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
OK, I just saw your pictures, as vcc is not connected you should plug a battery too, have you tried ?
Yes. I had battery plugged in. So it's looking like a faulty board. The USBASP has 2 blue LED's. One lights as soon as it's plugged in the USB port the other flashes briefly as I try to flash the bootloader.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:50 AM
I Void Warranties
France, Aquitaine, Bordeaux
Joined Feb 2010
1,612 Posts
Maybe a bad MCU, but that's surprising, atmegas are tanks.
I'd check if it's not disturbed by something else, like a bad step up converter...

Connect a battery and check if there's 5 Volt between the vcc and gnd pins on the side of the board.
goebish is offline Find More Posts by goebish
Old Jun 23, 2014, 07:37 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:
Maybe a bad MCU, but that's surprising, atmegas are tanks.
I'd check if it's not disturbed by something else, like a bad step up converter...

Connect a battery and check if there's 5 Volt between the vcc and gnd pins on the side of the board.
Yes there is 5V on side of board with a battery connected.

I have enabled the switches for the modes via the GUI on the good quad. Just to see if I have got the modes right in my head.

Angle=stabilty mode same as low angle stability on something like a 180QX

Horizon = Stable with no stick inputs but quite active once inputs from sticks. Stagility mode on 180QX?

Head Free= Not sure. Does it hold alt but allow heading movement.

HeadHold= Not sure. Try and keep same heading and position??
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
I Void Warranties
Joined Feb 2010
1,612 Posts
I think you're right for the modes descriptions.

Head Free & Head Hold don't work very well (no mag), but can be fun to play with.
Old Jul 04, 2014, 03:58 PM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
262 Posts
finally got some time to start looking at the quad again. ...

1st question:
When i use the aux 1 switch to toggle angle mode, do i see it turn on and off like the arm switch ?

My arm switch goes on and off but the angle just stays on.

2nd question:
The quad is calibrated and all trims are neutral. When i power up it keeps pulling to the right. (See video)
PUMQ (0 min 5 sec)

20140703 202230 (0 min 7 sec)
issr7 is offline Find More Posts by issr7
Old Jul 04, 2014, 05:09 PM
nonconformist
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,354 Posts
Yes, you should see the word "ANGLE" turn green, just like "ARM".
If I would take a wild guess based on your video, I'd say it's either the two props on the right swapped, or a missing calibration. Did you calibrate both, acc and gyro?
benedikt is online now Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Propellerhead map!
Old Jul 05, 2014, 12:56 AM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
262 Posts
i see the angle turn green alright. i'm just wondering, if like the arm button turning green and back to red once toggled, does the angle button do the same?

Right now i can get angle to turn green but not back to red. is this normal ?

i only calibrated acc, i don't have a gyro in my multi wii but i have a mag, is that the same as a gyro ?

I'm thinking maybe i got the props on wrong too. Tried looking through the thread for porp mounting instructions but couldn't find any. Is there a method like for in r/c airplanes where the thrust/wind should be felt blowing down the fuselage of the airplane?

I also have spare hubsan x4 props. Assuming i have the front of my quad verified, can i use the same prop configurations A's and B's as per the hubsan x4 manual?
Last edited by issr7; Jul 05, 2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 06:37 AM
nonconformist
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,354 Posts
When the selected AUX conditions are not met anymore, ANGLE should go back to red.
Do you see your AUX channel (bars on the left) behaving as expected?

Sorry to have you confused with the gyro. On the Pocket Quad, there is a gyro and no mag.
But it usually calibrates automatically.
It still might be worth a try to do it manually via stick commands.

Here is a link to the stick commands.

Here is the prop oder.
benedikt is online now Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Propellerhead map!
Old Jul 05, 2014, 07:57 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi i,
Multicopters will not fly without a gyro. The mag, or magnetometer, is a compass if fitted. They are not necessary for multicopter flight, but are necessary for multicopters that have a GPS. The accelerometer is the device that is optional for multicopter flight. It provides precise and calibrated leveling information. The PUMQ only has a gyro and accelerometer fitted OEM.

Other info that will help you:
PUMQ prop orientation: left front and right back=CW, right front and left back=CCW
--PUMQ accelerometer and gyro and arming stick movements 101
--0720 brushed motor rotations and polatity 101
--Balancing the Pocket Ultra Micro Quads's 45mm Gemfan and other micro props 101
--Jesolins HK Pocket Ultra Micro Quad easy motor mounting 101
--Jesolins HK Pocket Ultra Micro Quad motor protection landing gear and Rx mounting 101

The OEM PUMQ motors have a 0.8mm motor shaft and the Ladybird and Hubsan props are for those models 1mm motor shafts. So the props hole will be too large when using those props on the OEM motors, and not optimum even if glued on due to poor centering causing bad balance. That said the mod to 0720 motors and Ladybird/Hubsan props is the path to the best performance for the PUMQ.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by issr7 View Post
i see the angle turn green alright. i'm just wondering, if like the arm button turning green and back to red once toggled, does the angle button do the same?

Right now i can get angle to turn green but not back to red. is this normal ?

i only calibrated acc, i don't have a gyro in my multi wii but i have a mag, is that the same as a gyro ?

I'm thinking maybe i got the props on wrong too. Tried looking through the thread for porp mounting instructions but couldn't find any. Is there a method like for in r/c airplanes where the thrust/wind should be felt blowing down the fuselage of the airplane?

I also have spare hubsan x4 props. Assuming i have the front of my quad verified, can i use the same prop configurations A's and B's as per the hubsan x4 manual?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jul 05, 2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:49 AM
Oakland, CA
Joined Jun 2009
262 Posts
I wasn't able to use the stick method to calibrate the acc, i didn't know when it was done and written. I did however use the GUI to calibrate the acc, then write it. The horizon is level and i assume the gyro is calibrated with the acc automatically.

For the props, i'm still having a problem determining the "angle" of the prop. On the stock props i noticed on the under side there are ones with 1 and 2 bumps at the bottom. Which ones go on the front left and back right ?
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:40 AM
I Void Warranties
Joined Feb 2010
1,612 Posts
Quote:
I wasn't able to use the stick method to calibrate the acc, i didn't know when it was done and written.
You should set your channels endpoints to 1050 - 1950, for every channels.
Quote:
I did however use the GUI to calibrate the acc, then write it. The horizon is level and i assume the gyro is calibrated with the acc automatically.
The blue LED blinks when a stick command is executed. Gyro is calibrated at each startup, that's why it's important to not move the machine while the LED is blinking when a battery is connected.
Quote:
For the props, i'm still having a problem determining the "angle" of the prop. On the stock props i noticed on the under side there are ones with 1 and 2 bumps at the bottom. Which ones go on the front left and back right ?
You should really learn to differentiate them, that's trivial.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 07:57 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
i.
From the Props section of the Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
I wasn't able to use the stick method to calibrate the acc, i didn't know when it was done and written. I did however use the GUI to calibrate the acc, then write it. The horizon is level and i assume the gyro is calibrated with the acc automatically.

jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:55 PM
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Mini x6 micro quadcopter battery

Hi,

Is it possible to use the Mini X6 micro quadcoputer battery on the pocket quad without modifications? Using the same molex connector? And is the pocket quad discontinued? Did the turnigy variant of quadcopter replace it? Any other batteries I an use without modifications? Does the turnigy 3.7v 1S 260mah work fine?

Thanks.
Shompis is offline Find More Posts by Shompis